Cobra CB radio for contact

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Einstein - Since @TimeFlipper seems to have bowed out of this topic for now, I was wondering if you could give me some advice as to picking out a couple of items. They're both on Amazon, and the links to them are as follows: Amazon.com: JX RF coaxial Coax Adapter N Male to UHF Female SO-239 SO239 PL259 Connector (E Each 1pcs): Home Audio & Theater & Amazon.com: CablesOnline , 20ft RG8x Coax UHF (PL259) Male/Male 50 ohm Antenna Cable , R-U020: Home Audio & Theater.

Hoping you are able to open the links on your browser, you might be able to tell me whether or not these items are a good match for connecting the CB radio to the magnetic mount. In case you are not able, the first item is made up of UHF male and female adapters and N male and female adapters, four items total. The second item is a 20-foot-long coax cable with 2 UHF male adapters, each attached on either end of the cable. I assume I'm on the right track, but I'm not 100% sure.

Please also refer to this post and this earlier one so you'll have a clearer idea of what I'm talking about.

Once I purchase what I need, I'll need to find someone who works in my area to 1. disconnect one of the male adapters on the cable, 2. connect a female adapter where the disconnected male adapter used to be, 3. disconnect my old coax cable from the magnetic mount, 4. connect the new 20-foot coax cable to the mount, 5. drill a metal plate onto my roof, and 6. place the mount with one end of the coax cable attached onto the metal plate on the roof. Which occupation would be the right person to get this job done?

Any other advice necessary?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
The thing I noticed in your antenna picture was that the cable did not appear to screw into the base of the antenna. It looked like a pushon connector. Try disconnecting the cable from your antenna and provide some pictures to see what you got.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Einstein - I finally got around to getting the magnetic mount off my air conditioner. I'm sorry that it took so long to find time to do that.

We're all set with the mount and antenna being inside for now, but there's just one major problem with the cable I currently have: it's attached to the mount almost like glue. As I figured originally, I can't simply disconnect it with my bare hands, at least not that easily. Disconnecting it that way would be very hard without tearing off something essential. Want another picture, or should I have the cable disconnected from the mount by a professional?