Creating an agency.

Wind7

Staff
I doubt any private enterprise would have any legal authority to deprive citizens in a free society of their liberty.

I respectfully disagree.

You're forgetting that corruption finds its way into anything where a great deal of $$ becomes involved.
Most especially where politico becomes involved.
Greed will eventually seep right on in.

8thsinner

As I mentioned the other day if time travel ever became a thing I would create an agency.

One thing I forgot to mention is Time police. Time police would be hired to make sure no timeline is messed with.

The development of Time travel would change the laws most definitely.
Time travel already is a thing and you aren't in the loop. But you're probably right, when people learn of it, the laws will be different but it will already be a different kind of society with different people making the laws in the first place. And the only two that will matter are the only ones that really matter now. Harm no being for any kind of pleasure and do not steal what belongs to another.
The enforcement of anything on top of that will not be tolerated because people will be free and be pretty damned stubborn about the right to govern themselves.

unholy_dragon

Good idea.
Well past can never be changed. Past present and future has happened all at once. Every timeline exists simultaneously.

Even if you able to create a machine that could be used to to control the timeline by getting information from the future, will always fail. The timeline will always exist

Time travel could be a threat to national security unless it’s closely guarded by an agency.

I see alot of people on here claiming they would resort to criminal activities just to buy a time travel device. By that I mean buy it from the blackmarket. We live in a very sad world these days. People will do anything to get their hands on technology even if it means possibly being thrown in jail.

Enigma007

I'm thinking that if someone did ever invent or develop a time travel device, the black ops agencies would break the law themselves and steal the tech from the developer. Never underestimate the government's willingness to break laws and even kill people to get whatever they want. Remember, they don't have to pay for such crimes (in this life anyway) but regular people do.