Creating an agency.

I'm thinking that if someone did ever invent or develop a time travel device, the black ops agencies would break the law themselves and steal the tech from the developer. Never underestimate the government's willingness to break laws and even kill people to get whatever they want. Remember, they don't have to pay for such crimes (in this life anyway) but regular people do.
The owner would probably already be gone by the time the government closes in and they could never comeback.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
The owner would probably already be gone by the time the government closes in and they could never comeback.

Just watching your posts I would have to guess that you are a compliant slave serving a tyrannical government. I live in the USA where LIBERTY is the law of the land. So my views are of one that is used to LIBERTY as a way of life.

I do agree that developing a time machine would require ABSOLUTE secrecy. There are people that would kill just to go back in time and prevent the death of a close loved one. The irony is that most likely the first time machine would not have the ability to discern between different timelines. So that stolen time machine would be useless to them. They might go back in time just to find out their loved one never existed in that alternate timeline. And a return trip might send them back to some alternate timeline where everything is changed. Imagine coming back only to find out everyone speaks a different language!

Just watching your posts I would have to guess that you are a compliant slave serving a tyrannical government. I live in the USA where LIBERTY is the law of the land. So my views are of one that is used to LIBERTY as a way of life.

I do agree that developing a time machine would require ABSOLUTE secrecy. There are people that would kill just to go back in time and prevent the death of a close loved one. The irony is that most likely the first time machine would not have the ability to discern between different timelines. So that stolen time machine would be useless to them. They might go back in time just to find out their loved one never existed in that alternate timeline. And a return trip might send them back to some alternate timeline where everything is changed. Imagine coming back only to find out everyone speaks a different language!
I’m not im just against the use of time travel unless an agency is created like I keep saying. We need to be monitored.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I’m not im just against the use of time travel unless an agency is created like I keep saying. We need to be monitored.

That's an example of where we differ in our views of society. Privacy is a constitutional right. What I do with my free time is no one else's business. Without freewill there is no freedom.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
We need to be monitored.
I tend to agree with Einstein.

Additionally, I'd venture to say that some people need to be monitored in general. They simply need it because they can't function normally without it.

But overall? Monitoring isn't required by the majority.

I
That's an example of where we differ in our views of society. Privacy is a constitutional right. What I do with my free time is no one else's business. Without freewill there is no freedom.

It’s not going to matter what people want if time travel is ever a thing. The government and local Agencies will make the rules. They could care less about your privacy. They monitor our online and phones now anyway

Mayhem

Zenith
If Time travel became a thing as stated givien to the population for somewhat general use would be very dangerous. This is something which is pretty much obvious. Whats to say a Time traveller skirts 'some created rules' and changes the course of a war or big political moment?

The whole thing about an creating an agency , is how many of these will you need it wont be just one if this is going to be widespread use. Rules get broken this could be too dangerous to contemplate handing out to 'joe & jill. Thats all with the notion that a machine will work as its said to and no accidents take place.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I

It’s not going to matter what people want if time travel is ever a thing. The government and local Agencies will make the rules. They could care less about your privacy. They monitor our online and phones now anyway

Actually I don't think time travel will ever be a thing. Our brains are wired to make choices. Our brains move our consciousness to a timeline where our choices become real. A time machine would have to be steered by conscious thought. If there is a way to map the timelines using conscious thought, then that map would be what a computer would use. These thoughts I have are very esoteric. I don't even have a clue on how i would go about mapping timelines. I'm pretty sure there are no Nazi watchmen monitoring peoples choices.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
Ok I am still not convinced that time travel is even aloud for mortal, flesh and blood man.

at the present time we have limited options.
maybe on an astral plane you could possibly learn to project your consciousness to another time.
this method is very hard to master, very few have ever even been able to do it at all.
you couldn't do anything but watch. but even that is better than what we got right now for every jo six pack .

that said,

I do holdout the hope that it is a level of tech. thing .
I don't think any cops, or black Opps. agency will be necessary to control travelers should we ever get the tech.
However I do believe with all that I am we will not be allowed to change history.
if you kill Hitler,,,, Stalin..... mousseline,,,,, or the village idiot,,,,,,, will take his place and do the exact same thing.

I believe the creator of all things exists outside of time in the eternal now .
no matter what we want,,,,,,think we want,,,,,,, or try to do to change the past .
we are not powerful enough to change the will of the creator,,,,,,, or stay His hand.
nothing happens on Earth,,,,,, or anywhere in the universe outside the will of the creator.
sorry their hotshot you can.t go back and fix the world....
well that's my story and I'm stickin to it.