Delta T, Helmholtz Variation

Sonix

I am not disregarding information about the "real" DTA. I've created and am experimenting with a variation on that design, thus a thread saying "Helmholtz Variation", and not posting to a Delta T thread. As I noted in your profile post, I was originally asking about what you were using for signal generation - which to me means it must involve phase inversion as my understanding of the two verticals of the Delta T was that one was sent sine, one cosine, of the signal - thus one is a phase inversion of the other. I was asking what you were using to accomplish that.

TimeFlipper

I am not disregarding information about the "real" DTA. I've created and am experimenting with a variation on that design, thus a thread saying "Helmholtz Variation", and not posting to a Delta T thread. As I noted in your profile post, I was originally asking about what you were using for signal generation - which to me means it must involve phase inversion as my understanding of the two verticals of the Delta T was that one was sent sine, one cosine, of the signal - thus one is a phase inversion of the other. I was asking what you were using to accomplish that.

I believe in this case we are at odds with each other regarding the interpretation of audio Phase Inversion and a Cosine Wave...A cosine wave is a signal waveform with a shape and frequency identical to that of a sine wave, except that the cosine wave precedes the sine wave by a one quarter wave or 90 degree of phase..Lets assume the cosign waves amplitude is higher than the sine wave, there would be no need to include an audio phase inversion whose primary function would be to add more "definition or umpf" to the sine wave....The two alone appear unnecessarily involved in this specific instance, where relationships to time-travelling exist..

Any amplification production involves white noise and an RF source, and yes iam citing Preston Nichols DTA, but nevertheless you are involving two aspects of what i will call the real Delta Time Antenna function, by naming your thread, "Delta T and Helholtz Coils", both of which are involved in Delta Time experiments....I have been trying to involve you in what is already known in the time travelling experiments of Preston Nichols, that will be of help to you, not to hinder you...I do actually enjoy sharing my time and information with anyone who will actually try DOING something to start off with....I told you i liked the fact that you had already built something for yourself :)..

In my profile photo i was then experimenting with an RF source using an amplified modulation, added to with an amplified white noise....I use different experiments with the same indoor antenna many times...The RF source in this instance was a UHF Continuous Wave from my FT-817nd transceiver, placed on a high chair directly above the Delta T Antenna :)..

Sonix

Thank you, @TimeFlipper . Am I mis-thinking this in thinking that the only difference between audio sine and RF sine is the frequency range? Isn't playing a 432hz tone (for example) to a speaker the same as driving a 432hz electrical pulse along the wire? (Which is not to suggest that the ranges are synonymous in their effect - I know we can't microwave our food with audio frequencies.) In part I am thinking in audio terms because I've found a Digitech RP300A, a programmable effects pedal for electric guitar, and is has a phase function by which I should be able to input a signal (range to be determined) and output 2 signals out of phase with each other anywhere in the range 0-180 degrees. I have a signal generator on the way with range 1Hz-1MHz but expect that the more interesting effects might be achieved at higher frequencies.

It is not for amplification purposes that I've been thinking about phase. Per info on the Delta T I've been encountering, including the thread in the Schematics Initiative, one of the vertical coil signals is run 90 degrees out of phase with the other vertical coil. If this is the case, what means are there to affect that 90 degree shift in the 2nd signal? Or is this 90 degree phase shift not canon per the Montauk books?

I do see that I have been confusing the issue by mistakenly referring to the 90 degree shift, or the cosine signal, as phase inversion. Phase inversion means specifically a 180 degree shift, and that is not what I intended.

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

The essential difference between RF (Radio Frequency) and a Sinewave, is an RF signal is an electromagnetic source, and a sinewave is an Audio or acoustic source...Thank you for reminding me of the "Schematics Initiative diagram" and especially the first paragraph....The original writer of that design had simply no idea of what he was talking about, and i recall first viewing that diagram and description as utter BS (for example, the mention of a superconductor and some liquid being run through something)....I could not even be bothered at commenting on it at the time i first saw it!....(no disrespect to Num7 for posting it) :)..

Regarding the phase operation operation of the Digitech pedal, i think you will find its a simpler version of phasing....I used to perform in Pop Groups and bands, and also solo from 1964 to 1999, soon finding out how to cut down feedback caused from microphones straying too close to the PA loudspeakers, keeping the treble control on the mic lower and by switching over the leads on the PA speakers (that rarely worked)...On the earlier Fender Stratocasters there was an "inbetween" section on the first and second pick up selection switch that gave a thinner tinnier sound (out of phase), and was used by millions of guitarists for many years (y):)..

Sonix

So to clarify - because source of signal is not as important to me as the signal itself - if I generate a 435hz tone with a sound card in a computer (audio source) and have that outputting to a coil, is that signal different than a 435hz generated by a signal generator (in terms of frequency)?

RE the 2nd vertical coil being out of phase by 90 degrees with the first, that is commonly found with internet searches, not only in the "Schematics Initiative" thread - perhaps all tracing back to the same erroneous source. All other points about that thread aside, is there any reference in the Preston Nichols material that suggests the 90 degree phase shift is needed? One suggestive (or not) point from the Montauk books is that it does say that the coils were supplied by 3 drives, the two vertical coils supplied by 2 different pulse modulators. If the two vertical coils were not out of phase, one would think they could have just been hooked up in series, would not need separate sources for the signal.

TimeFlipper

I dont recall any occasions where Preston Nichols specifically mentioned a 90 degree phase shift...There will be instances where phase was quoted, phase conjugation as an example.....In all of his books he tries to stay away from technical terms out of respect for his general readers....There are a few times when he almost "apologises" for writing something that is specifically intended for technical or electrical engineers....You mentioned a Montauk Book, where you said some coils were supplied by 3 drives, the 2 vertical coils supplied by 2 different pulse modulators...Perhaps you can tell me which particular book it came from, or give me the scenario of what was happening...For example, the Montauk Chair :)..

If you ever find the time to take a look at some of Prestons videos, i think you might enjoy them...He is the "take me as you see me" type of guy, with no "airs and graces"....He talks eloquently and uses similarities for clarity, together with examples when describing something technical to the interviewer....Preston also had a wicked and hilarious way of, pleasantly "taking the piss" out of someone who was interviewing him!!....I will miss the future videos from him since he passed away last year...R.I.P. Preston Nichols, an electronic genius in his own right (y)..

FarOutThere

Sonix, I think this is a great idea, and very much relates to one of my own projects from earlier this year. A great starting point for a fourth-dimensional circuit...

I noticed you are going away for a few days, so I will catch up in the mean time.

FarOutThere

This is an extremely useful tool for these sorts of experiments.

A majority of function generators are only capable of driving a couple of hundred milliamps, which is fine for most applications. If you want more output current, you can shell out $400 dollars for a professional signal generator amplifier, or you can do what I did and hack one together for under $40.

Low Cost Function Generator Amplifier DIY

TimeFlipper

Alternatively, you can purchase very inexpensive 200watt amplifiers, such as the 2 in my profile photo, for less than $12 each including post and packing....I bought mine from Ebay....The amplifier supplies 0.834 amps....

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

@Opmmur Hi Prof, its good to see you coming onto Paranormalis when ever the opportunity arises :)..
I know you have a very heavy work load in your life, and i always enjoy knowing that you are overseeing all of us when ever you can (y)...
Please let us know how you have been keeping, and maybe you took time out this year to go on vacation...There still are several members, obviously including myself, who are concerned about you and also wanting to know what you have been experimenting with :)..
Take great care of yourself Prof, 73s and 88s to you and your family :)..

Last edited: