Schematic Delta Time Generator

TimeFlipper

I'd like to build 1 but I suck with electronics mechanically inclined yes but not good at all with low voltage stuff took me forever to bypass the gem to run wipers on my ranger
There must be people near to you in a TV and Radio shop who would know how to build a DTG, or at least they have a "friend of a friend" that knows someone to help you (y):)..

981cav

There must be people near to you in a TV and Radio shop who would know how to build a DTG, or at least they have a "friend of a friend" that knows someone to help you (y):)..
Haven't had a radio or TV repair shop around here since the mid 80s everything is disposable these days I asked a cellphone repairman and they said it was out of their league

Mayhem

Zenith
Haven't had a radio or TV repair shop around here since the mid 80s everything is disposable these days I asked a cellphone repairman and they said it was out of their league
Thats right a lot of those places have gone to the wall, its all just internet shopping except for a few places. To think they would make something for you these days is pie in the sky. Especially if you werent happy or god forbid they didnt make to supposed instructions.

TimeFlipper

Ok then, so use a telephone directory to find someone in a TV and Radio shop who could help you out, and you send them the components...
Or look around for TV and Radio repair men...If you really want a DTG you will find somebody to build it for you..

981cav

Thats right a lot of those places have gone to the wall, its all just internet shopping except for a few places. To think they would make something for you these days is pie in the sky. Especially if you werent happy or god forbid they didnt make to supposed instructions.
I'm trying to familiarize myself with that stuff but as of now looking at the schematics I'd be better off trying to translate Mesopotamian maybe I'll get there 1 day I could probably get something working now but it's a slim chance itd be done correctly I fear

Mayhem

Zenith
There a shop in Australia by the name of Jaycar pretty sure they are in NZ as well they took the whole electronics market from Dick Smith and Tandy some years ago.

They are a good outlet to buy many things but they are only allowed to give advice, company policy. Then there is Middies a sort of commercial industrial electrical shop Australia wide i sought help from them while buying couple of power appliancse for the HDR. But openly they cant build anything for you maybe in private consultations (unsure) id assume its like that in most companies these days.

981cav

Ok then, so use a telephone directory to find someone in a TV and Radio shop who could help you out, and you send them the components...
Or look around for TV and Radio repair men...If you really want a DTG you will find somebody to build it for you..
It's worth a shot but nobody within an hour can do it I've tried and who knows about internet ads I sent a gem to 2 different companies that claimed they could rebuild or refurbish it both sent it back cause they that it was a pcm or ecm even though I explained what it is and does with part numbers in my initial inquiry

TimeFlipper

There a shop in Australia by the name of Jaycar pretty sure they are in NZ as well they took the whole electronics market from Dick Smith and Tandy some years ago.

They are a good outlet to buy many things but they are only allowed to give advice, company policy. Then there is Middies a sort of commercial industrial electrical shop Australia wide i sought help from them while buying couple of power appliancse for the HDR. But openly they cant build anything for you maybe in private consultations (unsure) id assume its like that in most companies these days.
My old friend, you are about as helpful and inspirational, as an ashtray is on the front handle bars of a Harley Davidson Motor bike being rode at 50 mph, Mr Negative Mayhem....Despite that, i still like you ;) :LOL:..

Mayhem

Zenith
Anyway a company under a legal framework wouldnt want to be liable for a self made item that went wrong and electrocuted someone.