Energy sources?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
You would need a pump to siphon the liquid but once the siphoning has started the pump should not be needed unless the flow is interrupted. I believe.

Ask yourself where does the energy come from to push it back uphill? A siphon only works if the output end is lower than the height of the water supply.

SergiusPaulus

Think of a doughnut shaped layout of pipes that has a high point and a low point. The momentum from the high point to the low point and the siphoning action should be enough force to have a flow. Like the infinite water fountain video. It clearly shows water flowing upwards a short distance. If pipes are laid around a structure in a similar fashion it should work similarly.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Ask yourself where does the energy come from to push it back uphill? A siphon only works if the output end is lower than the height of the water supply.
I agree that the apparatus requires initial setup. But from what I understand, once it's started, it's able to run on its own for a while.

For instance, this. It's the same setup as one of videos shared earlier.

sddefault.jpg

Consider the pipe output. It's somewhat vertical. Water at the end will drop down, siphoning will happen. Am I missing something?

The pipe needs to be filled up in order for it to work.

SergiusPaulus

I agree that the apparatus requires initial setup. But from what I understand, once it's started, it's able to run on its own for a while.

For instance, this. It's the same setup as one of videos shared earlier.

View attachment 15913

Consider the pipe output. It's somewhat vertical. Water at the end will drop down, siphoning will happen. Am I missing something?

The pipe needs to be filled up in order for it to work.
Those systems are nearly vertical flows. Going around a house underground would not be quite as vertical but the starting point of the flow would be much larger than the plastic jug in video. The weight of the water in a container for a house would be heavier and should push water harder thru the pipes. I think it all depends on how the pipes are methodically laid out.

Harte

Quartz naturally vibrates at an exact frequency and contains piezoelectric properties, which means that when it is pressurized, it produces a small volt of electricity... online search.

If you press 2 quartz crystals together would you produce energy? Would constant pressure create constant energy. If not how could we oscillate the pressure. Can the energy produced by the pressure provide enough energy to produce its own oscillation. By oscillation I mean the application of pressure and the release of it.
I have seen videos of quartz being grown.
No energy is created using piezoelectricity.
Costs slightly more energy to compress the quartz than you can get out of the electron you squeeze out.

Harte

SergiusPaulus

No energy is created using piezoelectricity.
Costs slightly more energy to compress the quartz than you can get out of the electron you squeeze out.

Harte
So maybe the goal would be to identify a source that can naturally compress the quartz like a waterfall constantly battering it. Then it becomes a form of hydro power I suppose. Maybe a double layered quartz tile in a hallway where people are constantly walking on that tile pressing the two layers of quartz together. Or quartz surface in other strategic locations where pressure is a natural frequent occurrence. Maybe a pair of shoes with layers of quartz in them. Every step...?

SergiusPaulus

Roller skates.

Imagine a roller skating rink that rents out roller skates for customers to use. The roller skates generate power from the wheels rolling. The energy is stored in the skates. At the end of the usage the stored power is transferred to a larger storage unit at the skating rink. Can we harvest energy from roller skates?

Beholder

Roller skates.

Imagine a roller skating rink that rents out roller skates for customers to use. The roller skates generate power from the wheels rolling. The energy is stored in the skates. At the end of the usage the stored power is transferred to a larger storage unit at the skating rink. Can we harvest energy from roller skates?
When you harvest mechanical energy, you will feel a resistance. At a gym where pulling strings or cycling is supposed to have a resistance, that is already done using discs that heat up. With roller skates, it would remove the fun of skating for not much energy.

Harte

So maybe the goal would be to identify a source that can naturally compress the quartz like a waterfall constantly battering it. Then it becomes a form of hydro power I suppose. Maybe a double layered quartz tile in a hallway where people are constantly walking on that tile pressing the two layers of quartz together. Or quartz surface in other strategic locations where pressure is a natural frequent occurrence. Maybe a pair of shoes with layers of quartz in them. Every step...?
The energy in the electron is given up by re-assembly into the crystalline structure once the pressure is released.
You can't get power from peizoelectricity.
Waterfalls - so to speak - are already used to generate power.

Harte