Framework of the Future

Inquisitor

@Inquisitor - Thank you for your reply. Anyway, some of the reasons I strongly support President Trump are:
  1. He has done a fantastic job with the US economy.
  2. He has brought a lot of manufacturing jobs back to the US.
  3. Unemployment for minorities had reached their all-time lows before the pandemic.
  4. He has been victimized by the Left, who have been making up fictional stories about him ever since he went into politics.
  5. He is verified as having never colluded with the Russians, despite the constant lies from the Mainstream Media.
And the list goes on and on. @Einstein & @TimeFlipper, could you guys please inform us all of all the great things Trump has done ever since he's been in office? I don't have the patience to deal with crap from Google when looking up information. There are too many idiots who get in the way of my research online. Plus, I have OCD (Obsessive-compulsive disorder).

Thank you as well.

I did a search for some of Obama's achievements, since I was not old enough to worry about politics or vote during his terms. These were the most prominent ones listed. What do you think of them?

I know many consider climate change to be a hoax, and some mistakenly think it is the same thing as the four seasons, but I do think it is real and I am very concerned about how the divide in thinking will affect the outcome of efforts to reduce emissions and other environmental policies. There are a lot of people that are directly affected by the decisions of the Trump administration in regards to the climate. Or at least, they will begin to slowly feel the effects over the years, until it's too late. For some people, it already is and it's only a matter of time until they are forced to relocate. These people would have been affected no matter what, based on projections from before Trump took over.

1 – Rescued the country from the Great Recession, cutting the unemployment rate from 10% to 4.7% over six years
2 – Signed the Affordable Care Act which provided health insurance to over 20 million uninsured Americans
3 – Ended the war in Iraq
4 – Ordered for the capture and killing of Osama Bin Laden
5 – Passed the $787 billion America Recovery and Reinvestment Act to spur economic growth during the Great Recession
6 – Supported the LGBT community's fight for marriage equality
7 – Commuted the sentences of nearly 1200 drug offenders to reverse “unjust and outdated prison sentences"
8 – Saved the U.S. auto industry
9 – Helped put the U.S. ontrack for energy independence by 2020
10 – Began the drawdown of troops in Afghanistan
11 – Signed the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals allowing as many as 5 million people living in the U.S. illegally to avoid deportation and receive work permits
12 –Signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act to re-regulate the financial sector
13 – Dropped the veteran homeless rate by 50 percent
14 – Reversed Bush-era torture policies
15 – Began the process of normalizing relations with Cuba
16 – Increased Department of Veteran Affairs funding
17 – Signed the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act
18 – Boosted fuel efficiency standards for cars
19 – Improved school nutrition with the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act
20 – Repealed the military's “Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy
21 – Signed the Hate Crimes Prevention Act, making it a federal crime to assault anyone based on sexual or gender identification
22 – Helped negotiate the landmark Iran Nuclear Deal
23 – He signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act to combat pay discrimination against women
24 – Nominated Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court, making her the first Hispanic ever to serve as a justice
25 – Supported veterans through a $78 billion tuition assistance GI bill
26 – Won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 “for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples"
27 – Launched My Brother's Keeper, a White House initiative designed to help young minorities achieve their full potential
28 – Expanded embryonic stem cell research leading to groundbreaking work in areas including spinal injury treatment and cancer

NaturalPhilosopher

I am glad that a proper discussion on this topic is beginning. I lean mostly to the left, but I do agree with your first two points and a bit with your fourth. As far as Trump being victimized however, he has done far more of the same to a whole lot of people... he has no right to complain about the attacks against him after the way he has attacked any politician who disagrees with or contradicts him.

As far as Russia goes, it is not so clear cut as to his guilt being yay or nay. He has a lot of personal ties to Russia. I’m not saying he did, but I’m not saying he didn’t either. It’s possible either way, especially after how public he was about Ukraine.

For unemployment, I do believe I already posted those stats on TTI. Obama did most of the startup work, and Trump finished it off. He had a hand in it, but he was not solely responsible for it.

However, do the good things he has done outweigh the bad? Nobody is perfect, but Trump has made a lot of mistakes. I could stomach most of them, but people are dying because of his choices.
you're just a troll
funny how libs are now pretending to be reasonable.
gimme a break

HeraldOfTruth

@HeraldOfTruth - I'm glad you're starting to see where we're coming from, and I'm also sorry for appearing overly emotional in the recent past to folks like you.

And everyone makes mistakes, though I don't think Trump has made as many as you may believe.

Also, I think the notion that Obama started the efforts of lowering black unemployment, etc. is an outright lie, fabricated and propagated by many mainstream media news outlets. I also believe Obama is quoted as saying that the economy would "never go back to the way it was" and that "you'd need a magic wand to bring it back". Note that unemployment has a lot to do with the economy.

You're absolutely entitled to disagree, and I respect that.

I agree. Politics is never an easy subject to discuss, to be fair.

Perhaps. This thread will hopefully clarify the truth for everyone involved.

I am eager to understand why you believe that. The stats are there declining prior to Trump, so what leads you to that belief?

I am glad that if nothing else, we can agree to disagree. Nobody will ever agree on everything, but we cannot just ignore or attack what contradicts our opinions. Even if we do not agree, we must understand. It is inevitable, and something that should be encouraged. There can be no peace without understanding and the concept of “agree to disagree”.

HeraldOfTruth

I don't think an offer to be ignored counts as an offer for discussion.

If you say I can have something, where is it?

If you start discussing something besides my time travel claim, I won’t ignore you. It’s really very simple.

You need to stop getting hung up over my introductory statement. It was exactly that, a brief introduction and explanation on who I am and why I am, for those who didn’t read my 4283 claim. I said this first so that it was understood to leave it behind, and talk about the present and how to reach the right future. Something you don’t seem capable of so far.

Last edited: