Framework of the Future

HeraldOfTruth

Those weren't rhetorical questions.
You did told me stop making assumptions and would asking questions be a way to avoid them? If not how?

Those questions were definitely rhetorical. They all have established answers without me saying a word. You may as well have asked if cows moo. Two of them start with isn’t and wouldn’t respectively which implies you already know the answer, and both answers are blatantly obvious. The second is no less obvious.

ThumberOne

Two of them start with isn’t and wouldn’t respectively which implies you already know the answer, and both answers are blatantly obvious.
I honestly didn't know that because I sometimes get answers to when I start my questions like that.

Wouldn't obviousness require a degree of assumption?

If I recall correctly you mentioned verification.

How else do I verify?

HeraldOfTruth

I honestly didn't know that because I sometimes get answers to when I start my questions like that.

Wouldn't obviousness require a degree of assumption?

If I recall correctly you mentioned verification.

How else do I verify?

No. It requires observation. Do you assume apples are red, or do you observe that they are red? Do you assume Politicians are telling the truth, or do you make observations to see who is? Do you assume Politicians are unaware of major national debates across the country, or do you observe that sensitive topics are rarely addressed directly?

In almost all cases, assumptions are either bad or at minimum inconvenient to everyone involved. Your mind assuming things is one thing, it’s jumping to conclusions at all times. Acting on those assumptions without observing solid proof is the real issue.

ThumberOne

I am not sure what is your definition of observe.

What makes someones observation an assumption?

Does observe mean "notice or perceive (something) and register it as being significant" ?

Don't we all have different perception on different things?

Inquisitor

I would very much like to return to the political debate. It was getting somewhere until the train got derailed. This will be my first election voting, so I have quite the interest in hearing both sides of things without all the bickering, which we had going pretty well.

ThumberOne

Going around in circles and you get dizzy:)

In my case I am getting sleepy

On an unrelated is your avatar a combination of a top and a audio jack

I would very much like to return to the political debate. It was getting somewhere until the train got derailed. This will be my first election voting, so I have quite the interest in hearing both sides of things without all the bickering, which we had going pretty well.

I recomend researching your candidate throughly. Partisanship is pretty much how you get the bickering

As for @HeraldOfTruth, how does observation playba role in statistics and probablities?

Inferno

I know many consider climate change to be a hoax, and some mistakenly think it is the same thing as the four seasons, but I do think it is real and I am very concerned about how the divide in thinking will affect the outcome of efforts to reduce emissions and other environmental policies.
I too went through the american school system and know how it presents global warming as a fact. The greenhouse effect is a proven fact after all. I couldn't even fathom that I would become one of the so called "deniers" that I used to laugh. Then I actually did my own digging into it. I found out how poorly the studies were done. These "scientist" would pick data that supported their hypothesis. This also doesn't take into account how many factors go into climate. If you went through school a few years earlier, you would of learned that water is the primary factor, not CO2.

I recommend you start with this video:

If you research Willie Soon, you will come across the donations he got from oil companies. People like to use this to attack him while ignoring his argument and data. If you discredit what he says because of the money he has made, you also need to discredit every "climate scientist" and politicians who claims the amount of CO2 we are currently releasing can alter the climate of the entire planet. I've looked into this guy, and he seems very genuine.

The earth has heated up in the past couple years, but it is way less than predicted 10 years ago. That fact alone should tell you they were wrong.