Hello 2013 (Time Traveler from 2043)

Khaos

where the wild things are
J
John Titor had a very different Time Machine

LoL.. Do all pretend time travelers know john titor?

God I feel sorry for anybody who took the time to read all the crap this guy typed..

Actually if you had read his post on the first page, instead of picking and choosing sentences, you would have clearly seen that he does in fact NOT know John Titor.

Besides, not like I actually believe this guy anyways.

ann holt

J
John Titor had a very different Time Machine

LoL.. Do all pretend time travelers know john titor?

God I feel sorry for anybody who took the time to read all the crap this guy typed..

Actually if you had read his post on the first page, instead of picking and choosing sentences, you would have clearly seen that he does in fact NOT know John Titor.

Besides, not like I actually believe this guy anyways.
I did some reading on john titor, did anything he predict come true? According to wikepedia it didn't but thats not all too reliable. I am glad I am not a time traveler, i am comfortable with being a standard nut bar.

Aevi Vegr

Liberty, thanks for the offer, but I am (hopefully) just passing through this worldline. Hopefully your worldline turns out better, so please use your militia at your own discretion. Remember that although sometimes necessary, it can be impossible to rationalize away someone's death; justifiable, but not rationalizable. Remember that when hard times come that you must remain cautious and awake to the world. Pray that you will never need to know violence, but be ready for the day that it comes to your doorstep. You, my worldline's version of you anyway, may have been part of our original revolution and maybe still apart of it, but I thank you for striving for sentient freedom.

Samstwitch, were you familiar to the origins of Independence Day at age 19? Holidays tend to be remembered. As I said, most of my knowledge of history from this time I gathered from stories from those around me. The revolution needs steam to run on. Whoever controls the present, controls the past. Whoever controls the past, controls the future. We have to remember our struggle and the struggle of those before us. We learn their mistakes. We celebrate their victories. I remember the date 18/3/19, specifically, because I hate it so much. It's a holiday where everyone celebrates the revolution's defeat and where passion are restored for the hunt for terrorist, criminal scum. As for the 19 year olds of your time. they certainly are dumbed down and they probably are apathetic too. I had a need to learn these events and I did. Doesn't every kid want to know about their parents? their heritage? I was raised by a movement, one that kept me in a state of danger. I had to reach out and understand that. It was necessary for my survival to understand my past. Beyond that though, even where I don't have the dates or even an events exact place within the sequence of events, I have plenty of resources at my disposal to help me place the events I learned about. For example: I knew of Obama's resignation, but I don't know quite when it happens. I then gaze upon the net and see that the most sensible time is 2015. I have now made sense of my learnings and have attempted to sort out the proper chronology in my head. It really isn't a difficult process, just a bit of problem solving skills.
You are quite right that I am under prepared. I did not get linguistics training. I did not have much access to 1840's historical records; a destination considered hastily. And this has been my only trip through time. We had no idea what the effects of time travel would be on me physically or psychologically. My first trip was sedated because we feared that my psyche could not withstand the effects of time travel. Yes, I am 19. I am young, but please don't hold that against me. You might be surprised at how low the expectancy rate for long life is in the revolution. Hell, I don't even know what it is, but I've seen kids be shot in cold blood. But one thing is that youth tend to adaptable. That is necessary for my journey. If nothing else, I have that. And here I am in 2013 on the wrong worldline. It seems I really am just barely undertaking a trial and error process. Even if I am just Dr. H.'s time traveling lab rat, I would accept that position wholeheartedly because I know that my efforts may someday send send someone else to complete the mission. But I choose to believe that my mission isn't bogus and that it is needed to be done. Therefore I will put all my effort into accomplishing it. And I choose to believe that no matter what, what I do is not in vain. What I do is for the revolution.
Could time travel really be invented in six years by a small group of people who lack resources? Titor had the advantage of having teams of experts and professionals and training. And I am sure that it expedited their progress. The science however is the same. Don't most scientific revolutions start with the birth of a genius? Maybe Dr. H. is that genius and maybe he died in Titor's Nuclear War. Maybe John Titor's machine is based off the early work of his worldline's Dr. H. I can't answer all the questions involved there, but the science remains the same.
No offense taken. I really enjoy your questions. They help me think through my life.
And I really hope your sentiments with Rand are correct. If he runs for president, please don't let my words discourage your vote.

White Death, yes they are curious. They wanted more money because they thought it was drug related. I smiled, I assured them it wasn't, talked a bit about family values, and offered them a reasonable price, insisted upon it really. But we got to a reasonable deal.

Frog, I don't know what the weird mist could be.
1. Yes, but think along the lines of augmented reality. Computers are basically built into everything. The elite control the augmented reality fairly well and it creates a fantasy for their victims. People are unaware of the genocide under their noses.
2. You already know of augmented reality, ansibles, and time travel. On top of that, there are the enslaved sentients, the descendants of Metis. Light weapons exist. There have been plenty of medical achievements. Mars colonization. Hydrogen/oxygen powered spaceplanes. Plenty of other space related inventions. DNA based computers. Chimeras. Stealth technologies. A lot of stuff. It's hard to try to list the advancements we have had.
3. Yes they do. Libraries aren't quite the same though. A lot of it is computerized. Some of the elites still have large printed book collections, you can still find books if you look for them.
Its not a bother.

Ann Holt, [email protected] at the moment.

Aevi Vegr

No, I don't think so. I think that it would be unlikely. The targeting system isn't designed in such a way that that would be likely. I think that a more accurate rephrasing of what I said there would be "Let's suppose that I can really travel back to the 1840 of my own worldline..."
Also, I meant to ask you a question. You believe that I am a hoaxer. So, how would you view me as a hoaxer? In your opinion, how old do you think I am? And my motivation for posting?

Samstwitch

No, I don't think so. I think that it would be unlikely. The targeting system isn't designed in such a way that that would be likely. I think that a more accurate rephrasing of what I said there would be "Let's suppose that I can really travel back to the 1840 of my own worldline..."
Also, I meant to ask you a question. You believe that I am a hoaxer. So, how would you view me as a hoaxer? In your opinion, how old do you think I am? And my motivation for posting?

First, I didn't say you are a Hoaxer. I said I am "analyzing what you have said to determine if you are a genuine Time Traveler or a Hoaxer", and "I am not convinced that you are a Time Traveler". At this point, I have not made up my mind either way, but so far I don't find enough information to believe your story. My mind is still open though.

If you are a Hoaxer, I could not state what your motivation would be. We have had many Hoaxers on Paranormalis pretending to be Time Travelers. I do not guess what their motives are for doing so.

About your age...I am not disputing your age, however, neither do I have any proof that you are 19. I must take you at your word.

About the Worldlines...If you are not on your own Worldline, then nothing you do here will affect those living on your Worldline. If you buy land in the 1800's, how will your people get there to colonize it, when you are not on the same Worldline? In fact, you don't know what Worldline you are on, so how would your people know...how would your people meet up with you to colonize?

Do you claim to have a means of contacting your people from your Worldline in 2043? If so, how?

P.S. You have no idea how much I would like to meet a real Time Traveler. That is why I ask so many questions. I must be convinced by some evidence. I know Time Travel is possible for two reasons: I've had my own Time Travel Experience..and I believe John Titor's story after intense research based on his postings. So if you are willing, please convince me. :)

Last edited:

Aevi Vegr

Very complicated questions there. Firstly, let me quote myself.

My machine works by creating three microsingularities. Each one creates a separate hole in the timespace fabric. Imagine for a moment that time is a piece of cloth that is folded. Each thread represents a worldline. Now, if you take a needle and stab it through the cloth. At one end is where the time traveler starts and wherever the needle's tip ends up is where the time traveler finds himself. Unfortunately, the time traveler would have no control over where he would be going. In my machine, there are three needles. The needles are sent through the cloth to wherever they end up and data is analyzed about them. The computer then makes calculations which triangulate a better course. And so one of the needles is repositioned to a better coordinate. This process repeats itself again and again until the proper date is found and thread is found.​

It is unlikely that I am on my own worldline, however, I should be able to find may way back to using the saved timespace coordinates on my machine. I will return to my own future with the proper coordinates and we shall establish a time trail. This is where the flow of time is depressing and time travel possibly moreso. My purpose is entirely selfish. Where do worlds diverge? If your worldline and mine diverge after 1840, I change both of our futures. My purpose is to make my own horrid worldline and make it into a paradise. What if in the process, I turn three paradises into nightmares? I cannot know that. I could cause significantly more damage. Are good intentions enough? Similarly, what are the reactions to our everyday actions... are they significant enough? Do our decisions cause paradises and nightmares further down the line? What if that guard I killed was the man who would later redeem my world. Time travel is horrid. As a time traveler I can switch worldlines, I could run off and find myself my own paradise, but the blood of those who depended on me would still haunt me. What about Titor, just traveling here for some selfish business. The effect he could have caused. Unforeseeable. My purpose is the revolution. I can know no other. I would rather be hopeless than meaningless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Samstwitch

I was not asking how your presence on my Worldline would affect my Wordline. I was asking how your presence on my Worldline would help your people on your Worldline.

I am aware that the presence of a Time Traveler changes the course of history. John Titor's presence on our Worldline changed the course of events here and screwed things up. I believe that was part of his reason for posting on the Internet, a secondary reason, not the primary reason.

As I've said before, my purpose in asking you questions is to find evidence to validate or debunk your story. You came here seeking conversation. I'm here to find answers.

The one piece of evidence you could give me that would be convincing is the name of the device that will emerge on the market in 6 months that will lead to Obama's resignation. If you don't want to post it publicly, perhaps you would consider sending it to me in a Private Message/Conversation.

John Titor gave us information that served as proof, and I'm hoping that you will do the same.

Here are some new questions that I hope you might enjoy answering.

1) What city and state do you live in on your Wordline in 2043?
2) What do people dress like in 2043 (hair, clothes, etc)? Does the appearance and fashion of men and women change compared to now?
3) Has the weather changed overall? If so, how?
4) Did the U.S. Government ever round up and send citizens to Concentration Camps?
5) What is the number of the population in the U.S. in 2043 compared to 2013?

Last edited: