Help building a divergence meter?

paradox404

Maybe we should be seeking a divergence based upon the Earth's worldline? Rather than a timeline in general. Two timelines could be remarkably similar however earth's fate coukd be drastically different.

In theory it should be easier than a universal timeline, as you're limiting your search to a specific known set of data. You could also do math using a worldline and timeline to get a more accurate timeline readout.

Basically measure the gravimetric and other sensor data and you'll have a baseline. Only catch is that the device would need to remain relatively stationary unless you were traveling with it. Unfortunately not a particularly good nor advanced divergence meter but it's a start I guess...

Apri1

Maybe we should be seeking a divergence based upon the Earth's worldline? Rather than a timeline in general. Two timelines could be remarkably similar however earth's fate coukd be drastically different.

In theory it should be easier than a universal timeline, as you're limiting your search to a specific known set of data. You could also do math using a worldline and timeline to get a more accurate timeline readout.

Basically measure the gravimetric and other sensor data and you'll have a baseline. Only catch is that the device would need to remain relatively stationary unless you were traveling with it. Unfortunately not a particularly good nor advanced divergence meter but it's a start I guess...

Sure. That's my current method as I mentioned. I'm just measuring certain things I know to differ. However, what ends up happening is that different, or more minor changes take place, and the meter fails to measure that. How would gravimetric data help? Could you explain?

nope doesn't work paradox.

anyone got a theory what a timeline is?

Paradoxes don't exist and can't happen. They're entirely irrelevant.

paradox404

nope doesn't work paradox.

anyone got a theory what a timeline is?

Please elaborate

A timeline is the entirety of a 4th dimensional universe. Basically every event contained within it.
Sure. That's my current method as I mentioned. I'm just measuring certain things I know to differ. However, what ends up happening is that different, or more minor changes take place, and the meter fails to measure that. How would gravimetric data help? Could you explain?

Paradoxes don't exist and can't happen. They're entirely irrelevant.

If you're using the meter within a confined area, you can accurately guage a surrounding gravitational signature that is unique to that area. Obviously you'd need said area to be geographically stable, however it would give you a stable baseline to work from. (As an intertimeline meter, it won't works as a universal meter)

Also btw Paradox is my nickname on here, so I can assume that comment was directed at me.

Apri1

If you're using the meter within a confined area, you can accurately guage a surrounding gravitational signature that is unique to that area. Obviously you'd need said area to be geographically stable, however it would give you a stable baseline to work from. (As an intertimeline meter, it won't works as a universal meter)

Also btw Paradox is my nickname on here, so I can assume that comment was directed at me.

Oh whoops :oops:. I'm still not quite sure what you're getting at. What is a "gravitational signature" and why would it be different among timelines?

paradox404

You an aussie @
paradox404

Yea mate. How'd you tell other than my location being Straya?

Oh whoops :oops:. I'm still not quite sure what you're getting at. What is a "gravitational signature" and why would it be different among timelines?

Basically since all matter emits it's own gravity, you should get a unique signature in different areas and times. A static area, such as a hill or field will emit a fairly consistent gravitational signature. Such a signature is suitable for "Time travel" as it would see minimum gravity variations, being mostly from rain.

Anyway, it stands to reason that the greater the divergence the greater the gravitational difference would be, and greater the chance that your hill or field is a town or a road in a parallel timeline, or even was never there in the first place.

Not sure if I've explained it properly but it should at least make more sense now what I mean.