Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Jews! -- ?

dimension-1hacker

Again, tiresome. The point is that we are not in a position to judge the actions of non-human beings based upon human moral standards. Period. End of sentence.

And the end of this "discussion", as far as I am concerned (at least, according to Proverbs 14:7).
prove it, what make human standards better or worse, good or bad?

dimension-1hacker

And this literal interpretation does not make any sense. That is the same, if you say Jesus talked about real sheeps and not sheeps as metaphors for humans.
perhaps, or if he says you are like sheep and I am your shepherd or the ancient language equivalent not sheep but followers. In another situation yes. sense is subjective. It may make sense to everybody but you

Gnostic Christian

Aladdin?

or tree of knowledge snake?

Nice.

The one hard to meet.

The serpent is both the pleasure and pain of correction.

The pain of it, to those who do not see the holiness of just judgement, shun correction. Seeking it brings one closer to the ultimate truth.

They want to be seen as right, in their own mind, regardless of how wrong. Moral cowards.

Regards
DL

alpha centauri

@dimension-1hacker

What are you talking about? That was the context.
The Adam and Eve story does not make sense. You would have only 4 different chromosoms at a max of each chromosome.
3 different of the X-chromosome and 1 chromosome of the Y-chromosome.

There are also other things. That is why it is called methaphors. The genocides are representation for the evil in the human (or something like that).
anything can be interpeted subjectively as anything metaphorically, there is only one literal interpetation.
And this literal interpretation does not make any sense. That is the same, if you say Jesus talked about real sheeps and not sheeps as metaphors for humans.
perhaps, or if he says you are like sheep and I am your shepherd or the ancient language equivalent not sheep but followers. In another situation yes. sense is subjective. It may make sense to everybody but you
What? The Adam and Eve story doesnt make any sense to more people than me. That is what is taught in school. I already spoke about that.

To the second point:
If sheep is equivalent to followers, this language uses a metaphor. You can also use the word sheep for followers in the English language.

Gnostic Christian

@dimension-1hacker - It's neither Jafar's snake staff nor the Tree of Knowledge snake. I'm 99.99% positive that it's Kaa from Disney's The Jungle Book.

I did not find out till after choosing my avatar, that Ka meant soul.

Ancient Egyptian conception of the soul - Wikipedia

In Gnostic Christianity we do not quite match the definition of soul and spirit with the Egyptian myths, but the overall ideology from Egypt is still far superior to what the Jews and Christians have turned the base religion into.

Oh well.

Regards
DL

dimension-1hacker

@dimension-1hacker

What are you talking about? That was the context.

What? The Adam and Eve story doesnt make any sense to more people than me. That is what is taught in school. I already spoke about that.

To the second point:
If sheep is equivalent to followers, this language uses a metaphor. You can also use the word sheep for followers in the English language.
if a god says it kills a million people it kills a million people, no getting around that literal statement

Gnostic Christian

If he didn't like the incense you burned---in the bible---
well let's just say the penalty was NOT GOOD.
Some theorize there were lots of gods in the bible that the original
version said many gods made us in their image. Some were merciful some weren't.
The most common excuse I hear however is that the people God killed were practicing
bad things like human sacrifice but there are other ways God could have solved that maybe---you would think.

Jesus said he came to cure, not kill. Yahweh always seems to do the opp[osite.

This is in spite of the genocide Jesus promises at Armageddon.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

Obviously not. I wonder why people think that "Gods" aren't supposed to be jealous, vengeful or murderous?

It is not obvious to those who idolize a genocidal god.

The majority, if you believe the stats. A minority when you take out the ones who only affiliate by inheritance.

Most of us are no longer sheeple, and going laïcité.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

Side note---how many times do you think this whole old testament God debate has been done?
I've seen it about ten billion times.
It IS worth discussion though---it's just woah.
It's been discussed b4 let's leave it at that.

For evil to grow, all good people need do is not discuss it.

If you see garbage and do not point to it, someone you love might walk into it.

Regards
DL