Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Jews! -- ?

dimension-1hacker

Wow your thread is spammed to page 20 in one day. Congrats to that. (y)That could be record on this site.

So said you are French in the other thread. I thought you were American. In our school system (I can only speak for Christians) it is taught that those story are not literal. Why should your parents believe they are literal?

The Adam and Eve story does not make sense. You would have only 4 different chromosoms at a max of each chromosome.
3 different of the X-chromosome and 1 chromosome of the Y-chromosome.

There are also other things. That is why it is called methaphors. The genocides are representation for the evil in the human (or something like that).
anything can be interpeted subjectively as anything metaphorically, there is only one literal interpetation.

Yeats

The Book of Isaiah 55:8 states...

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

This would seem to indicate that God is not simply a person who is slightly above humans, but rather a person who is altogether different from humans. If this is so, then how can we expect God to have the same moral sense as humans?

We may witness a lion killing a gazelle, but we do not say that the lion has committed murder, because we do not ascribe our moral sensibilities to the lion.

dimension-1hacker

The Book of Isaiah 55:8 states...

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

This would seem to indicate that God is not simply a person who is slightly above humans, but rather a person who is altogether different from humans. If this is so, then how can we expect God to have the same moral sense as humans?

We may witness a lion killing a gazelle, but we do not say that the lion has committed murder, because we do not ascribe our moral sensibilities to the lion.
murder is murder, it is perspective, I am lord of the lord!

dimension-1hacker

It seems that I was mistaken. Perhaps there are some who believe that a lion killing a gazelle is murder.
is killing not killing? if it is in their nature and "do not know better" is something less "moral"? I thought morality was defined as an indescribable higher something, but it does not apply to everything? Aren't humans pack animals, hyena's hunting deviant lone predators?

Yeats

And thus we move from the realm of disingenuousness into the kingdom of the tiresome. I assume you have access to a dictionary?

dimension-1hacker

And thus we move from the realm of disingenuousness into the kingdom of the tiresome. I assume you have access to a dictionary?
words are strings of symbols associated with a meaning, the same word can be assigned to different meanings, depends on the individual and society, you are a poet?

different dictionaries assign meanings to the same word.

Yeats

Again, tiresome. The point is that we are not in a position to judge the actions of non-human beings based upon human moral standards. Period. End of sentence.

And the end of this "discussion", as far as I am concerned (at least, according to Proverbs 14:7).