IS THERE REALY SUCH A THING AS A SOUL MATE

Kairos

That is covered just fine by "compatibility". The part of your soul that can be compatible with another person is just your personality, beliefs, and values. There is nothing else there that makes a distinction. A soul is just the energy in the body that gives it life.

There are compatible mates and incompatible mates. Nada else.

Seriously, write down what you want in a "soul mate" in a text document. Remove the emotional bullshit and anything that has to do with sex. What remains, I promise you, is just another dude. The stuff you left out -- emotion, sex, etc. -- is what matters when looking for a wife. You won't get loyalty or anything else like that. At least, I wouldn't count on it. What you had left in that text document is what you need to look for in forming a fraternity of men that are compatible with you. Keep these things separate.

Krish

I think soulmate comes from zillion of factors that point both to the same direction...past, present and future....

In that process, my soulmate and I were both and sisters for that life and back to male and female spouse in the future

TimeFlipper

That is covered just fine by "compatibility". The part of your soul that can be compatible with another person is just your personality, beliefs, and values. There is nothing else there that makes a distinction. A soul is just the energy in the body that gives it life.

There are compatible mates and incompatible mates. Nada else.

Seriously, write down what you want in a "soul mate" in a text document. Remove the emotional bullshit and anything that has to do with sex. What remains, I promise you, is just another dude. The stuff you left out -- emotion, sex, etc. -- is what matters when looking for a wife. You won't get loyalty or anything else like that. At least, I wouldn't count on it. What you had left in that text document is what you need to look for in forming a fraternity of men that are compatible with you. Keep these things separate.

Personality, Belief, values, emotion, sex, loyalty, are all parts of how we are brought up think and behave, by our parents and society and are not spiritual, which i believe is the essence of one`s Soul...

Our Souls are what guides and drives us towards growth (not human), plus change and wholeness, and not looking for a fraternity of men who are compatible (you forgot to include women, or are all women subservient to the will of the man in your society??....it certainly seems they are to me!).

The Soul is the candle and the spark of life in that dark room :)..

Kairos

Soul is separate from your body....and lives in heaven...meaning, we can not kill it...plain and simple....

The soul and the body go together. You can take a damned photograph of the field your body generates. If your soul were somewhere disconnected from your body, then bashing in your brain wouldn't change your personality..

TimeFlipper

The soul and the body go together. You can take a damned photograph of the field your body generates. If your soul were somewhere disconnected from your body, then bashing in your brain wouldn't change your personality..

Yes, but the field our body generates or "aura", is purely an electromagnet field that every human being has, not to be confused with the "soul"....Personally i would say that "bashing in your brain" most certainly WOULD change or destroy your personality, along with all our other mental behavioural functions :LOL:..

Kairos

Yes, but the field our body generates or "aura", is purely an electromagnet field that every human being has, not to be confused with the "soul"....Personally i would say that "bashing in your brain" most certainly WOULD change or destroy your personality, along with all our other mental behavioural functions :LOL:..

Your soul is just the bio-electrical part of your body, etc. It's part of your body.

Spirit is the spark from God, but theologians differ on what that really means. I think St. Thomas argued it was your capacity to reason. Not sure I agree with that, but he was quite a lot smarter than any of us.

Krish

We are mixing soul and spirit...two words together and coming up with different meanings.

Soul/Spirit is a separate entity and does not come to humans for at least one month later, sometimes after umbilical cord is cut.

We may be talking two different things - Your body is the smart phone. The soul/spirit is the connection to the outside world. The AT&T, Verizon etc....two different things...

But you can name anything you want...truth is what it is...

Last edited: