John Titor Was Right: CERN to begin producing Black Holes

sinister

Re: John Titor Was Right: CERN to begin producing Black Holes

'internet titor conspiracy' does not sound like an excuse, but more a theory. Also, I think StarLord put it a little more sophisticated than that originally, but whatever. I think I can, after this CERN news, in my own opinion, rule out the theory of a bunch of college students who got together and decided to deceive a small, specific Internet community. That leaves, in my opinion, two primary possibilities: 1) 'Titor' is a group or individual who still deceived, but for a different purpose than meer amusement, AND this person/group must know something we don't. 2) Titor is exactly what he said he was. The former is by no means an 'Internet conspiracy', if this is the truth of what happened, there's a long list of possibilities for why, it doesn't necessarily mean there's a 'conspiracy', and I don't think that's the direction StarLord was going in at all.

sinister

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
If & When I wake up as a 300 lb woman with a mighty thirst for straight takillya shots and Cuban Cohiba Cigars, ?I'll start to worry. [/b]
I know this was a joke, but just for the sake of conversation, what if yesterday you WERE a 300lb. woman who likes tequila and cigars? I can remember everything I did yesterday, but since it's not happening right now, how do we know? I guess my point is, if you did wake up tomorrow in a pool of 1/2 vomit, 1/2 tequila and covered in cigar ash, would you even know that something was wrong, or would you get up and just go home?

StarLord

Vey Good Question!

First off being as old as I am, IF I woke up that trashed, I would know that something very serious was wrong. One of the benefits of surviving your 20's is the realization that any fool can drink themselves to death and it aint going to be you. As you glide into the wonder years past 40, you come to the realization that the requisite 3 to 4 day hangover is not worth all the gold in the world and consequently, you make damn sure it happens maybe less than 3 times in ten years as each lesson becomes more and more real and painfull. At that age most of us tend to listen to pain when it comes to call.

So, waking up that messed up, in that kind of a mess would set off several internal alarms that all is not as it should be.

sinister

Very interesting, so you're saying the lessons and things we've learned over the years would stay with us, bearing some horrible altering of our timeline? Let me pick another example from your previous post. Would you know that the Cap'n Crunch guy was always blue and now that he's a green leprechaun, something very wrong has happened? I think I might be taking what you said too literally, but I am really fascinated by this. Let's say something was altered in our timestream, something minor, like the Cap'n Crunch thing. Would we know it was wrong because we've both grown up with the blue Cap'n Crunch and we recognize that it is different, or would we not? This is actually really important, I think, because the answer to that question would determine how our memories and the time stream interact. I don't expect anyone to have an answer, just thought someone might have a theory.

StarLord

Something tells me that once experienced, you cannot rewrite the information that is stored in our synapses. This has been covered in other threads. It's like you wake up from daydreaming and realize that there are things that are very different from what you remember. So the question remains, did you change or shift, or did the world shift and your memories no longer fit the prescribed holes like they did before.....

Cubby

Think of a dream you've become conciously aware of.. if any.. you may be doing anything and it will seem perfectly logical. Except maybe you're in a grocery store with a tribe of bushmen battling off giant pink tentacles and suddenly decide "no, this doesn't work" and just as you do the dream will either evaporate or continue as you see fit.

What's important in both the dream and real life is your attention. Your mind has stored a combination of events, words and ideas to form a description of reality based on how much attention you paid to it, say you wake up in a new time and your current description doesn't match with current reality. What would happen? Would it be written off as a dream or would you start to act in it as it's logic dictates to you?

Well, in my best guess, I'd say both. You may start acting in it's logic as, you're mind may decide you always have been a 300 lb woman. But while rewriting itself, if there are larger gaps in logic that seem.. plausable, you may have sudden flashes of "This doesn't work.. something's not right.."

Or perhaps dismiss every opportunity to focus back on the reality you used to be a part of and continue dreaming of your new one. After all Star, I've experienced quite a few dream realities that were as real as life itself. Experience is the same in any game, the rules are just different.

sinister

ya that's what i was going for although I couldn't quite focus my thoughts as well. I can recall many a time where i've had a dream that was very realistic and something great happened. When I woke up, I woke up as if that good thing had still happened, and it would take me like 5 minutes to realize it was just a dream. So what I was saying is, since our own proof that we're experiencing reality is what we are currently experiencing. What happened yesterday to me isn't currently happening, so I have no real way to prove that i was experiencing it. I have a feeling the mind would find a way to keep things at normalcy even if you did wake up as a 300lb. woman.
Oh and by the way, StarLord, last night I had another one of 'those' nights that you were just talking about. Thank god alcohol stays in you until the next morning because if I wasn't drunk right now I think i would have the worst hangover ever.

sinister

ya that's what i was going for although I couldn't quite focus my thoughts as well. I can recall many a time where i've had a dream that was very realistic and something great happened. When I woke up, I woke up as if that good thing had still happened, and it would take me like 5 minutes to realize it was just a dream. So what I was saying is, since our own proof that we're experiencing reality is what we are currently experiencing. What happened yesterday to me isn't currently happening, so I have no real way to prove that i was experiencing it. I have a feeling the mind would find a way to keep things at normalcy even if you did wake up as a 300lb. woman.
Oh and by the way, StarLord, last night I had another one of 'those' nights that you were just talking about. Thank god alcohol stays in you until the next morning because if I wasn't drunk right now I think i would have the worst hangover ever.

sosuemetoo

The Faxes to Art Bell From John Titor. These faxes were sent to Art Bell before John began posting on Art Bells BBS and TTI.

I might be incorrect in this, but I believe it was understood that:

1. John Titor traveled from 2036 to November 2000. He posted on the BBS's from November 2000-March 2001

2. John then travelled from March 2001 to 1998 and to 1999, and sent these faxes to Art. He also promised and might have sent e-mails to people that he spoke to in 2001 to them in 1998.

3. John then travelled to 1975.

4. John then travelled back to 2036.

Thus, when you look at the quote about the missing skyscraper, one could think the skyscraper is missing in his time, that perhaps our 9/11 occurred before that date in his time. Needless to say, it was existing when he arrived here in 2001 and he's wondering why.

Fax #1 is dated July 1998

Dear Art,

I had to fax when I heard other time travelers calling in from any time past the year 2500 AD. Please let me explain.

Time travel was invented in 2034 off shoots of certain successful fusion reactor research allowed scientists at CERN to produce the worlds first contained singularity engine.

The basic design involves rotating singularities inside a magnetic feild. By altering the speed and direction of rotation you can travel both forward and backward in time.

Time itself can be understood in terms of connected lines. When you go back in time you travel on your original time line when you turn the singularity engine off a new time line is created due to the fact that you and your time machine are now there.

In other words a new universe is created. To get back to your original line you must travel a split second farther back and immediately throw the engine into forward without turning it off.

Some interesting outcomes of this are: You meet yourself. I have done it often. Even taken a younger version of myself along for a few rides before returning myself to the new timeline and going back to mine. You can alter history in the new universe that you have just created. Most of the time the changes are subtle. The oldest one was a sky scraper that don't exist in New York. Interestingly when you travel in time you must compensate for the orbit of the Earth since the time machine doesn't move you have to adjust the engine so you remain on the planet when you turn it off.

Now for the future you might want to know about. Y2K is a disaster. Many people die on the highways when they freeze to death trying to get to warmer weather. The government tries to keep power by instituting marshall law but all of it collapses when their efforts to bring the power back up fail. A few years later communial government system is developed after the constitution takes a few twists. China retakes Tiawan. Isreal wins the largest battle for their life and Russia is covered in Nuclear snow from their collapsed reactors.

Fax #2 (I'm unsure on the date of this, but I believe it is late 1999, possibly to watch the Y2K disaster unfold before he reaches 1975 to fix the "glitch" in the IBM 5100

(\"Alright I wanted to read you something as I received it. It's from a time traveler.\" - Art says).

I\'m hoping that Pamela reads this post and would be willing to comment on this. Because I truly believe that one of the people he had grown attached to was her. I know she has reported that she had a dream about this time and that she wrote it in her diary. She has had "alter-vu\'s" as well. I often wondered if maybe there was something going on in her life at that time that John hoped to affect and help her with. No need to go into detail on what it was. A simple yes or no would be great.

sosuemetoo

The Faxes to Art Bell From John Titor. These faxes were sent to Art Bell before John began posting on Art Bells BBS and TTI.

I might be incorrect in this, but I believe it was understood that:

1. John Titor traveled from 2036 to November 2000. He posted on the BBS's from November 2000-March 2001

2. John then travelled from March 2001 to 1998 and to 1999, and sent these faxes to Art. He also promised and might have sent e-mails to people that he spoke to in 2001 to them in 1998.

3. John then travelled to 1975.

4. John then travelled back to 2036.

Thus, when you look at the quote about the missing skyscraper, one could think the skyscraper is missing in his time, that perhaps our 9/11 occurred before that date in his time. Needless to say, it was existing when he arrived here in 2001 and he's wondering why.

Fax #1 is dated July 1998

Dear Art,

I had to fax when I heard other time travelers calling in from any time past the year 2500 AD. Please let me explain.

Time travel was invented in 2034 off shoots of certain successful fusion reactor research allowed scientists at CERN to produce the worlds first contained singularity engine.

The basic design involves rotating singularities inside a magnetic feild. By altering the speed and direction of rotation you can travel both forward and backward in time.

Time itself can be understood in terms of connected lines. When you go back in time you travel on your original time line when you turn the singularity engine off a new time line is created due to the fact that you and your time machine are now there.

In other words a new universe is created. To get back to your original line you must travel a split second farther back and immediately throw the engine into forward without turning it off.

Some interesting outcomes of this are: You meet yourself. I have done it often. Even taken a younger version of myself along for a few rides before returning myself to the new timeline and going back to mine. You can alter history in the new universe that you have just created. Most of the time the changes are subtle. The oldest one was a sky scraper that don't exist in New York. Interestingly when you travel in time you must compensate for the orbit of the Earth since the time machine doesn't move you have to adjust the engine so you remain on the planet when you turn it off.

Now for the future you might want to know about. Y2K is a disaster. Many people die on the highways when they freeze to death trying to get to warmer weather. The government tries to keep power by instituting marshall law but all of it collapses when their efforts to bring the power back up fail. A few years later communial government system is developed after the constitution takes a few twists. China retakes Tiawan. Isreal wins the largest battle for their life and Russia is covered in Nuclear snow from their collapsed reactors.

Fax #2 (I'm unsure on the date of this, but I believe it is late 1999, possibly to watch the Y2K disaster unfold before he reaches 1975 to fix the "glitch" in the IBM 5100

(\"Alright I wanted to read you something as I received it. It's from a time traveler.\" - Art says).

I\'m hoping that Pamela reads this post and would be willing to comment on this. Because I truly believe that one of the people he had grown attached to was her. I know she has reported that she had a dream about this time and that she wrote it in her diary. She has had "alter-vu\'s" as well. I often wondered if maybe there was something going on in her life at that time that John hoped to affect and help her with. No need to go into detail on what it was. A simple yes or no would be great.