John Titor

StarLord

Re: John Titor

Lucky for us, he/they claimed that they didn't give a damn wether we believed in them or not.

Judge Bean

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"MutableTimeLine\")</div>
I can't imagine people who live next door to me fighting the Marines or Army who are implementing a police state. But...if it happens what could any of us do?

Well, like you said fight. If you use Occam's Razor, your idea about the fabrication of Titor could fit into place.[/b]

Whether or not you fight for your rights should not for a moment depend upon whether Titor was "real." If it comes to pass that citizens are to be called upon to take up arms against their own government, only some in the military would oppose the people, the majority recognizing the injustice of fighting their own kind-- fighting themselves, in their own home towns.

But the real injustice lies in the fact that, should the government take it into combat in the way suggested, it will have committed the final illegal act against the Constitution and our system of rule of law, by compelling violence to enforce or protect rights.

Violence as a means of effecting broad social change, as in an actual revolutionary war, is literally and legally contrary to the law of the land. If this was not established within the framework of the Constitution, it was painfully learned in the 1860s and 1960s, and is therefore the very spirit if not the letter of the law.

Lincoln stated that the rights in the Bill of Rights pertaining to assembly and free speech were the actual American substitute for revolution. This means that the Framers must have intended a peaceful means of overthrowing the government, not just elections; they certainly didn't intend to enshrine in the law the expectation of civil war.

But-- never forget the Second Amendment. It is the last resort. It guarantees the people the right to keep and take up arms to defend themselves and their freedom. If all else should fail, and this means if and when the law has failed, the makers of the law plainly stated where the power should be retained.

To obey the law and to earn the right to force the government to, we must ourselves strictly comply with the procedure and spirit of it in the Constitution. Ironically, this means that we must disobey unconstitutional laws. We must do this to enforce the higher, root law of the Constitution. That is also the law-- that is, our legal obligation: to resist.

JRSpencer

(I wish I had a class like this; better yet an instructor like you, Paul.)

IF this moment comes to pass and American citizens battle against the government, people aren't going to be thinking about Titor. The survival of their Constitutional freedom and ways of life become far more important.

The legal obligation to resist is a powerful sentence. Thank you.

Timmy G

To obey the law and to earn the right to force the government to, we must ourselves strictly comply with the procedure and spirit of it in the Constitution. Ironically, this means that we must disobey unconstitutional laws. We must do this to enforce the higher, root law of the Constitution. That is also the law-- that is, our legal obligation: to resist.
Paul, my hands are getting sore from frequently applauding your posts. Your presence here is very much appreciated, and anticipated. Thanks for being a part of our family.:)

StarLord

Well, lets see. You need to be a citizen. Being a Lawyer ALWAYS helps. Being a Honest Lawyer will knock all those present crooks on their collective ass. You truly CARE about not only what happens to this country, but also the preservation of our Constitution. We could come up with a ton of political slogans. Yup, there is no other logical answer.

Paul my friend you just have to run for President. After 10 min. of debate you would make those fools look like simians tossing their feces at the crowds in a zoo.

Forget the Green party, we need to start the Honest Party.

"Want the Truth? Put A Lyon In Your Tank!"

Judge Bean

Thank you all very much, but, for what I'd be doing to the "intelligence" community and defense contractors, they'd have to haul me around in a popemobile and we'd have to have the western White House under Cheyenne Mountain.

We definitely need to clean out Washington, though, and replace those bagmen, gumshoes, and dimestore cowboys with regular citizens from across the spectrum of regions, occupations, and ethnicities. No more career CEO/lobbyist/cabinetmember/VicePresident/President/lobbyist puppets. No more de facto lifetime terms for Congress.

"The aim of every political Constitution is or ought to be first to obtain for rulers, men who possess most wisdom to discern, and most virtue to pursue the common good of society; and in the next place, to take the most effectual precautions for keeping them virtuous, whilst they continue to hold their public trust."

--James Madison

"The accumulation of all powers legislative, executive and judiciary in the same hands, whether of one, a few or many, and whether hereditary, self appointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."

--James Madison

StarLord

I for one would put up with you riding in a 'popemobile' and ensconced under Cheyene mountain if thats what it would take to 'clean house'

Can't think of a better person for the J, O, B!

CaryP

I'm with you StarLord. Paul, you'd make an excellent "house cleaner" Put the bastards back to the hell hole they came from. The governemnt of, by and for the people stopped a long time ago. Way overdue for a return to that.

Cary

StarLord

Just THINK of what it would do for not only the common misconception of the profession and what the past scum have done to drag it into the cesspool of that misconception, but also of what it would mean goal wise to the future BAR participants, a new path has been blazed. One founded on right, honest, steadfast and honorable thinking and righteous ends as opposed to a means to an end of making a lot of money destroying other people.

Imagine if you will, the very FIRST honest, nonselfserving Lawyer to serve as President in the 21st century. Yes Sir! Goose Bumps just thinking about it.

Hey Cary, how many signatures do you need to have a candidate considered?

CaryP

?Hey Cary, ?how many signatures do you need to have a candidate considered? ?

Got me on the details StarLord. It varies from state to state, but I'm sure we could find out with a little research. Paul, are you game? I'm real serious here.

Cary