John Titor's 67 Vette

vodkafan

I come from the UK. I don't know what a VIN is. Do you mean the licence plate? If you haven't got the other car then you haven't got any evidence. Guessing it is in a garage is not proof. In any case, number plates can be fabricated. Two identical cars classic could have the same number plate, yes it would take a lot of money to accomplish as they would be museum pieces. But if somebody wanted to do it it could be done. No proof of time travel.
But we don't have two cars do we?

TimeTravel_00

I come from the UK. I don't know what a VIN is. Do you mean the licence plate? If you haven't got the other car then you haven't got any evidence. Guessing it is in a garage is not proof. In any case, number plates can be fabricated. Two identical cars classic could have the same number plate, yes it would take a lot of money to accomplish as they would be museum pieces. But if somebody wanted to do it it could be done. No proof of time travel.
But we don't have two cars do we?
Vehicle Identification #. Every time a vehicle is sold, transfered, insured, licensed, registered, destroyed, or just about anything else, aside from fueling them up and changing the oil, the VIN # is used to track the history of the vehicle. It is a unique alphanumeric identifyer tied to 1 car, and 1 car only. This is the only way to create a titling document for a vehicle so that they can be financed, underwritten, repossessed, insured, etc. Think of the VIN# as a unique serial #. John traded his 67 corvette for an 89 crew cab 4 wheel drive pickup truck back in 1999-2000. There is most certainly a paper trail to follow if his corvette was retitled and registered. However, if he gave the car to a friend, and they stuck it in their garage, or an auto museum, no one would ever we the wiser, because as long as no one attempts to register the vehicle for license plates, the state will never know that there was a transfer of title, assuming that there is a title for the car. Now lets say you find his car tommorrow, buy it, and go to the Department of Motor Vehicles to apply for a title. You may actually be issued a fresh title based on the VIN#, as long as the other car is not currently registered for over the road use with license plates. The DMV will assume that you simply purchased the other one that they already know exists, and that for whatever reason the title was lost or damaged. As I said, you have your homework cutout for you.

walt willis

I had a 1967 L-71 Vett that had a 435 HP motor that was sent to Baldwin motion in NY from the factory to be re-done into a 700HP car. Is was FAST...Too Fast! The front tires came off the groung in second gear from the red light start.
I think it could go faster than time allows on earth too.
0 to 60 mph in under 2.4 seconds. What fun!
Now I look for MPG and not MPH...

walt willis

View attachment 668
View attachment 667
You are exactly right, I realized that the Corvette does not have the window trim. This is the correct car, across the aisle from that steamy vette. Call it taste, but I prefer the black stingray vette for my misadventures through time..........
I had a green vett wi a white rag top bonnet. The lights rolled back under when turned off and the speedometer read 165 at top end. Had power windows that were also fast, but no AC because the red line was 8,500 rpm's.
What a fun drive to church... Talk about missing time!

TimeTravel_00

I had a 1967 L-71 Vett that had a 435 HP motor that was sent to Baldwin motion in NY from the factory to be re-done into a 700HP car. Is was FAST...Too Fast! The front tires came off the groung in second gear from the red light start.
I think it could go faster than time allows on earth too.
0 to 60 mph in under 2.4 seconds. What fun!
Now I look for MPG and not MPH...
IMG_0047.JPG
Yes MPG is the new king. Here is a project I recently finished for MPG.......

TimeTravel_00

A convertible sports car with all but the drivers seat removed. This is the easiest way to move the C204 around due to the weight.