John Titor's 67 Vette

Sound Judgment

Sorry gang, but you are getting off base on this one. We've done all the photo-merges and picture comparisons in that other big Johnny forum years ago. It was determined back then that his departure car was a 1966 OR 1967 (same interior) Chevy Corvette. You know... the 'Stingray?' Not a Chevy Camaro. Camaros had a back seat passenger-area in them. The Corvette simply had a cavity behind the two seats, which some supposedly thought was taken up by his wonder-trunk time-traveling machine. An earlier picture of the device was taken in the FRONT Passenger seat of that same model car. All the car interior elements in that front-seat picture and the side windows in the background, where shown to be that of a mid-sixties Corvette. That part is no longer in dispute.

Now, the cigar-loving, plastic-rod gravity-bending Johnny picture, was taken in an entirely different vehicle. It is from the time Johnny was taking photos of his 'return-trip' automobile: the 1987 Chevy Suburban. I guess Johnny found that a puny little Corvette couldn't hold the massive gravity-displacement weight of his mechanical army foot-locker so hey, let's move it over to a giant 4x4! Yeah, that will make those horrid trips back home safer. ;)

walt willis

Sorry gang, but you are getting off base on this one. We've done all the photo-merges and picture comparisons in that other big Johnny forum years ago. It was determined back then that his departure car was a 1966 OR 1967 (same interior) Chevy Corvette. You know... the 'Stingray?' Not a Chevy Camaro. Camaros had a back seat passenger-area in them. The Corvette simply had a cavity behind the two seats, which some supposedly thought was taken up by his wonder-trunk time-traveling machine. An earlier picture of the device was taken in the FRONT Passenger seat of that same model car. All the car interior elements in that front-seat picture and the side windows in the background, where shown to be that of a mid-sixties Corvette. That part is no longer in dispute.

That was favorite car I had back in the early 70’s so I should be able to help if you have a photo. Mine was a 1967 427 CI 435 HP model with power windows, telescopic wood steering wheel that had a small lever at the top center that moved to the left to pull and push the wheel in and out, and a bonnet rag top with painted forest green body. The speedometer read 165 mph top end and the tachometer red lined at 8,500 rpm’s with a yellow lined at 7,500 rpm’s. The floor behind the seats had covered wells built into the floor. I think the shifter top had a push down button the find reverse. The door release knob was a slanted lever in 1967 and the 1966 models had a small chrome knob.
The car also had headrest and the seats were real leather. The car sold new for about $9,000 US in 1967. Hope that helps.

walt willis

It looks like a Corvette but not a 1967 model. The high back seats were in the 67-year car. They came in handy, as the acceleration would take you from zero to sixty in about 2 seconds just using first gear. Need to find some Corvette club members to peg the right year and model. Would love to see JT return to this time and visit this web site again. Andrew Basiago thinks JT was a hoaxer. Steven Greer has made some pretty strange statements in the past and well as Stanton Freidman too. It would help if we all took a deep breath and stop the nitpicking. What true time traveler would want to visit a web site to have his ass reamed out? Hate people that play games and think this is a big joke. If time travel is real and our government has been using the technology to change our future lives, we need to know what and why they are doing so. Lets work together on this study to expose the shadow government before they do something really stupid.

Sound Judgment

That was favorite car I had back in the early 70’s so I should be able to help if you have a photo. Mine was a 1967 427 CI 435 HP model with power windows,

Well said! Sadly it is the same-old, same-old pix that the Johnny-gang wants us to see, with very tight picture-cropping as well the poor artifacts and overall contrast. I am sure you have seen the photo a zillion times if you followed all their submitted 'evidence' over the years. But just in case you have not, let's enjoy it for the zillion and one time... together. :)

time-m1.png

Now as you can see, there are the seats which makes me think it is a 1966 'Ray, because as you say, the Hi-back seats weren't in production yet. And there is that steering-wheel design. The 'box and lid' are covering over most of the passenger-window, but enough gets through to show the distinctive 'Corvette' shape of the angular-cut glass. And look how the center-console radio is designed. Does that vertical-mounting ring any bells? And the dome-shaping at the top of the glove-box dashboard molding, that's a dead give-away right there, as well. And the console design itself? So yes, this be the one!

Last edited:

Sound Judgment

Are we sure his 'Vette really existed? Perhaps it could have been a message.

I'll say that I am sure *A* Vette existed, of the vintage that we are discussing here. The Photo, is entered as proof of this, and it could be a car that traveled back in time... or just a prop. But the car itself does not seem to be in doubt, based on visual examination of the photo alone.

Ren

The car in the photo is a 1967 Chevy Camaro. This one was probably chosen because it was inconspicuous.
There is another car that is mentioned.
The 1967 Chevy Corvette C2(04?) Sting Ray. This one was probably chosen as a collector item. John probably took this one back to the future to enjoy.

Ren

Why two cars?
John could be trying to remind us that everything he says has two meanings.
He often mentions 2 dates, not just 1 when talking about the future.
There are even 2 Johns!
There are 2 faxes.
John often had a partner.
John and the SerbRyder.
John and Pamela.

Sound Judgment

The car in the photo is a 1967 Chevy Camaro. This one was probably chosen because it was inconspicuous.

Very well. So what you are saying is that the one known-photograph of a 1966-67 car which contained the 'Traveler Trunk' containing the G.E. time machine used by John Titor... shows that of a Camaro. That apparently is from your observations and of what you believe at this time. Might you have some form of material, or photographic examination or official John Titor chat conversation(s) which are shown and proven to be the idea it was indeed a Camaro?

I submit that the car in that photograph is not a Camaro at all, and instead is a Chevy Corvette of the same time-frame. I am basing my claim on actual interior design, passenger-window cut, driver-seat construction, center-console layout, AM radio-orientation and glove-box housing-shape. Known photographs of 1966-67 Chevy Corvette cars line up exactly with the car shown in the photograph. To date, I have not yet found any Chevy Camaro photograph or mechanical-drawing, to even come close to matching the interior dimensions and layout found in the 'John Titor' photographic collection.

We are inviting here, any true Chevy car enthusiast (and owner if possible) of those same car models... to look at the photograph seen in the above message-thread and weigh in on their own observations. To add if they themselves believe the car shown in the photograph to be of an actual Camaro, or perhaps a Corvette, or any information which they might show through close examination to be another car-model completely. Let's help nail this one down so we can have a better, more accurate representation of John's equipment and resources used during his valued excursions to our Time-Window. :)

Last edited: