John Titor's 67 Vette

BlastTyrant

That was favorite car I had back in the early 70’s so I should be able to help if you have a photo. Mine was a 1967 427 CI 435 HP model with power windows,

Well said! Sadly it is the same-old, same-old pix that the Johnny-gang wants us to see, with very tight picture-cropping as well the poor artifacts and overall contrast. I am sure you have seen the photo a zillion times if you followed all their submitted 'evidence' over the years. But just in case you have not, let's enjoy it for the zillion and one time... together. :)

View attachment 1186

Now as you can see, there are the seats which makes me think it is a 1966 'Ray, because as you say, the Hi-back seats weren't in production yet. And there is that steering-wheel design. The 'box and lid' are covering over most of the passenger-window, but enough gets through to show the distinctive 'Corvette' shape of the angular-cut glass. And look how the center-console radio is designed. Does that vertical-mounting ring any bells? And the dome-shaping at the top of the glove-box dashboard molding, that's a dead give-away right there, as well. And the console design itself? So yes, this be the one!

Reminds me of my Old Fiero's interior
"EDIT" I realise it is not due the fact the center isnt raised. Still early enough why don't yal lgo hit up some car shows and ask

Samstwitch

Car.jpg

I remember both of those cars. The interior of a Camaro had lots more room that a Corvette. Looking at the photo John posted, to me it appears that the interior of the car that he arrived in was very small. You can see the space between the driver's seat and the passenger's window is barely large enough for the Time Machine to fit in. I'm just speculating here. I wonder if a Corvette would be too small to even hold the Time Machine. Someone could figure that out by calculating the dimensions of the Time Machine in the photo and taking measurements of the two cars.

A few days ago, I saw this article and thought of John Titor. A person who spends millions on a classic car is going to store it in a secure place, which might cause it to survive a Nuclear War. This could be the car that John time traveled in. ;) A 1967 Chevrolet Corvette convertible was sold at a Dallas auction Tuesday for $3.4 million, the highest price ever paid for a Corvette at auction.

Something I have thought of...After John traveled to 1998, he sold the classic car and bought a newer 4WD truck to be inconspicuous as he did not want to draw attention to himself. In 2001, when he began the journey back to his home to 2036, in order to return to his Worldline, he had to backtrack and travel back to 1975 and then jump over to 2036. So I wonder, did he time travel in the truck, which would have been totally out of place in 1975 (only noticed if he had a lay-over), because it wasn't even produced back then...or did he sell the truck before he made the return journey and buy another classic car to make the return trip? I think John returned to 1975 in the 4WD truck, as he made no mention of selling it. Imagine if John had an unexpected lay-over in 1975 and needed to buy another inconspicuous vehicle. He wouldn't be able to sell a truck that hadn't been produced yet. That is an interesting thought. :)

Last edited:

Sound Judgment

Reminds me of my Old Fiero's interior
"EDIT" I realise it is not due the fact the center isnt raised. Still early enough why don't yal lgo hit up some car shows and ask

Heh. Now that would have been something. John showing up back in 1975, driving a Mid-1980's Pontiac. Talk about a head-turner. Move over, DeLorean! :)

Ren

O.k. You got me. Because there is no back seat in the photo, it is a 1967 Chevy Corvette C2 Sting Ray.

Ren

John would not have shown up in a car built later than the time he appeared. But that would have been a funny miscalculation!

Samstwitch

John would not have shown up in a car built later than the time he appeared. But that would have been a funny miscalculation!

He told us about purchasing the 4WD in 2000 to fit in with that time period, but he never said anything about selling it and buying another classic before he traveled back to 1975. Someday if he returns to our Wordline, there are many questions we will have to ask him. We can hope! :)

Sound Judgment

He told us about purchasing the 4WD in 2000 to fit in with that time period, but he never said anything about selling it and buying another classic before he traveled back to 1975. Someday if he returns to our Wordline, there are many questions we will have to ask him. We can hope! :)

Well, since we seem to be narrowing down that first car (the one he claims originally went back in time to 1975).. the FIRST time... ;)

Let's see if we can make this a slam-dunk. After even more close-up scrutiny of that one... single picture... of the actual time-machine sitting up front in the Passenger-seat area next to John... (and yes it is true that a picture is worth 1000 words, etc.) we can now comfortably say from our own observation and cross-checking with classic-auto websites and various databases:

1. The Chevy Corvette Sting Ray C2 Class auto found in that photo... is not a 1967, but indeed a 1966 model year, 2-seater passenger sportster. It's missing the repositioned, raised center-console parking-brake... which was ONLY available in model-year 1967 and beyond. And look! It has a manual-shifter. No whimpy 'power-glide' automatic-transmission for our man John! Huzzah!

2. The Chevy Corvette Sting Ray C2 Class auto found in that photo... is by all known visual comparisons.... a CONVERTIBLE model vehicle. And the picture was taken with the TOP DOWN! That finally explains the high-angle camera-shot with the lens not hitting any hard-top roof. This is also why the picture is cropped off on the right side, as there is no 'back room area.' All the space is taken up by the collapsed roof stored in there, ahead of the fuel-tank. This is what forced John in having to travel with his puzzle-box up front, and not simply toss it in the back as he did on his return-trip home in the Chevy 4x4. Of course he could have chosen to leave the top UP while he was traveling through time and space. I heartily recommend it. ;)

3. As a treat, please have a look and see for yourself, what has become clearer and clearer over the days this was closely examined. Even though this is NOT the actual automobile itself (yes, it's black on the outside, but the one shown below has a red interior).... I present to you... the closest visual representation of.... The John Titor mobile:

Chevrolet-Corvette-C2-Sting-Ray-Convertible-1965-1966-Photo-08.jpg

Yeah, John did have some taste! Hopefully he will admit to picking that model out himself... when he gets back. Comments welcome. :)

Last edited: