JT Foundation/Oliver Williams Research

virtualgirl

Hello All,

First, I went to the official copyright site not a month an or so ago and the JT story was not there. Only the validity test stuff. I checked it twice and I am positive it wasn't there. Second, I did get the DMV information from a paid public site. I don't go into anything that is illegal and if everyone remembers, I said that I would have to see what I could actually put on the site for legal and ethical reasons. I also said that I wasn't sure if that was Williams or not. I never stated it to be a fact. For everyones sake, I think I will keep any other findings to myself. And when I mentioned the father in law, that was to show that I DIDN'T think the lawyer was involved. I felt he had too much to lose to do something like that. If Darby feels that it's necessary though, I suppose I can go ahead and contact my own attorney. I wonder myself though, why didn't Oliver Williams contact me himself. He does have my email address. Anyway, I'm done. Thanks everyone.

CaryP

Originally posted by virtualgirl@Sep 26 2004, 06:29 PM
Hello All,

First, I went to the official copyright site not a month an or so ago and the JT story was not there. Only the validity test stuff. I checked it twice and I am positive it wasn't there. Second, I did get the DMV information from a paid public site. I don't go into anything that is illegal and if everyone remembers, I said that I would have to see what I could actually put on the site for legal and ethical reasons. I also said that I wasn't sure if that was Williams or not. I never stated it to be a fact. For everyones sake, I think I will keep any other findings to myself. And when I mentioned the father in law, that was to show that I DIDN'T think the lawyer was involved. I felt he had too much to lose to do something like that. If Darby feels that it's necessary though, I suppose I can go ahead and contact my own attorney. I wonder myself though, why didn't Oliver Williams contact me himself. He does have my email address. Anyway, I'm done. Thanks everyone.

Thorough and to the point as would be expected of you Virtualgirl. Cool operator this one. Don't stop sharing your info. and research if you don't mind. I anticipate several members here being in tears over that. This stuff is good. Thanks Virtualgirl. We like having you around here. You're a great addition to the board.

Cary

virtualgirl

I have just got to get it out. I AM SOOOOOO MAD :angry: !!! I can't believe I was actually accused of doing something illegal. I would never do that. I have 3 kids and too much to lose. Right now I am so fuming. If I could I would go to anomolies and respond there but I'm not set up. I hope that I haven't embarraced anyone here at the site.

Snow

Originally posted by virtualgirl@Sep 26 2004, 05:48 PM
I have just got to get it out.?? I AM SOOOOOO MAD :angry: !!!? I can't believe I was actually accused of doing something illegal.? I would never do that.? I have 3 kids and too much to lose.? Right now I am so fuming.? If I could I would go to anomolies and respond there but I'm not set up.? I hope that I haven't embarraced anyone here at the site.

Embarrassed us? HeHe - well I doubt it, but if it's possible let me do my best to be sitting red faced next to you!

Please let me apolgize if Darby upset you. He joined this site just so he could post to you. I don't know if you are familiar with the Anomalies site but they live to chew up anyone still doesn't believe Titor has been debunked. Never fear VG - we have lawyers on this site who wouldn't let you step over any lines. You haven't done anything and we can actually read - something Darby didn't bother to do apparently. I'd like to twist his head off if he has made you not want to share this very interesting research with us. Just goes to show that not one of them hightower debunkers ever spent a nickle to do a DMV search.

If you haven't visited Anomalies check out this interesting thread - but while you are there check out what the way they treat people who want to keep an open mind about the John Titor material. Then you will know the dog that barked in here a little better.

AlterVu (read particularly Pamela's account whew!)
http://www.anomalies.net/cgi-bin/bbs/ultim...ic;f=9;t=001280

Anyway - we appreciate your research and your sharing with us and I hope we can convince you that not one of our regular members wishes you to stop or misinterpreted what you have done or said into possible illegal actions. Please post your findings or at least share them with the Admin, if you are no longer comfortable.

Regards,

Snow

virtualgirl

Darby,

I would like to say that I have read your threads at anomalies. I did notice that someone asked you how you figure into the story, and you answered. That was stand up. I wonder if Mr. Williams will do the same. That's all I ask of him. Just tell us what his involvement is. Also, as far as Mr. Haber goes.....your saying that he and his family are a major Disney presence? So is the John Titor saga a Disney presentation? Something like the Blair Witch (Appear to be real until the Academy Awards)? Please clarify for me. That's all I'm asking for. I'm not out to "ruin" anything.

Qflux

Tsk-tsk-tsk:

Don't let Darby get you down. If you've been following the JT story for any amount of time you already know Darby is a certifiable nut-case hiding behind the mask of rational-debunker. He also takes great pride in distorting John's posts.

First off - everyone should know by now that Darby is the forum poster John is responding to in the original posts when he pasted a new grin on his sour-puss attitude about his bad physics. For some reason, this appears to have made Darby a very angry person who is now in the position of playing self-appointed God over the JT story at Anomalies.

Second off - Darby has admitted he tries to get people to argue with each other so it generates traffic to their site. He pokes and pokes and pokes and then sits back and laughs. If you poke back, he kicks you off Anomalies. He's also claimed to be in direct competition with other sites talking about JT - whatever that means.

Third off - Darby can't even keep it straight why he's so angry about the JT story. He once said the only reason he was doing it was to protect Pamela. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore since he's kicked her off the site too.

Fourth off - you'll know when you've really made it to the top of Darby's red-face meter when he accuses you of being JT and starts digging into your family and posts pictures of how to get to your house and your kids' school on his site.

In my not so scientific - hipshot opinion, Darby is one pissed off old geezer who can't understand why anyone pays attention to something he's already figured out. It drives him crazy that he can't get a message out as well as whoever wrote the JT posts.

Can I get three cents for my nickle please?

HuntTech

virtualgirl:

Before I start, I just want to let you know about me... so there are no real questions as to *my* motives about *anything*... :) I was introduced to some of the JT postings quite some time ago by a co-worker and hadn't revisited the whole mess until recently.... again, spurred by another co-worker who happened upon it by linking from somebody's sig on a posting over at slashdot! It has taken me quite some time to catch 'up to speed' with what the communities have been talking about and where each trail has led in researching who could have been involved in the hoax. I have a 'new' membership over at anomalies, but I have never posted anything there. I guess I am more of a lurker since I have just been feeding my head. I have once, though, emailed Darby directly with specific questions about the whole thing. Those question only had to do with what the 'original players' felt about the whole thing... more especially Pamela. To Darby's defense, he did indeed take the time to answer me thoroughly and he was quite friendly in his response. My real interest in this thing is in what it is doing to people emotionally, etc... and that always leads me to the 'why?' question... and that invariably leads me to the 'who would do this?' question. Which, is why I continue to lurk and read and see what people dig up. (Honestly, this is my first post on any TT forum at all... aren't you lucky!?) Anyway... this all leads me to you...

I admit that I discovered this forum (and your posts) by following the link from a posting over at anomalies. That person rightfully brought your information to our attention. You brought a fresh and finally NEW look at things... another thread to follow. I found your research refreshing and your postings to be informative and never ill-intended. Based on your tidbits, I hit the Florida Corrections websites and read the information that the inmate posted himself, and easily dismissed him as a candidate for the hoax. Simple. However, in the course of trying to solve the problem at hand, we need what you offered... Something new and a different avenue to 'check off the list'.

Now, regarding the posting by Darby to you mentioning the possible legal issues about posting your information. I find it really curious that he posted that information here. It may very well be out of good will that he did so... in order to simply warn someone of a possible problem. Perhaps he or others at anomalies have encountered such issues. I truly don't know. Playing both sides of the issue, I find it interesting that as I read more and more over at anomalies, there seem to be more and more legal issues warnings... especially when people get close to thinking they have found someone behind the hoax.

Again, the warnings could really be friendly and not be meant to 'put a stop to the research', but I can't say either way. Just bear in mind that it is all too common nowadays to stop people from doing things with the threat of legal actions. We all know that legal issues are expensive to resolve and they can be really damaging to a person regardless of the outcome. However, look at this... traffic was diverted away from anomalies to here... and that traffic was seeking your posts... then, you get a warning about the postings from an admin over at anomalies. It stitches together nicely. I think that perhaps Darby didn't like the traffic leaving anomalies to come over here... :)

Some other folks have mentioned the 'tone' over at anomalies and how it has become a tough place to communicate. I think this is an example of why that is. Things get spun around a bit and pushed down fast... and usually, there is a legal issue waved at some point. I've noticed this more and more as I read through all I could find there. It didn't seem like that in the earlier threads, but it sure seems that way as of late.

To get back to the point, and to the topic of this thread (sorry for being long-winded, admins!), your research on Oliver Williams was excellent. If anything, it was a great exercise for the rest of us to follow through with. Most, if not all, of the information you brought up could be found freely on the internet or on some legal service pages that are pay-per-search... I find nothing wrong with those methods. It may very well have proved fruitless with the inmate, but it let us work it out and come to the conclusion... which you didn't give us... we were able to find it ourselves. For that, I thank you.

I hope you don't walk away and hold back your information. I think it would be a great loss for this community. However, if you do so, leave knowing that you are appreciated. :)

Cornelia

virtualgirl,
the post of hunt tech (welcome! ;)) says it all.
One more thing to add: Darby is definitely NOT a member on this board. He signed just to respond to you. He is the mod of anomalies TT forum, and a well known person in the TT world ( :lol: ), but I really find it absurd you felt unwelcomed here because of a "stranger"!
Please, don't fly away and keep researching with us.

pauli

Sorry, I just couldn't resist this one:

\"Fourth off - you'll know when you've really made it to the top of Darby's red-face meter when he accuses you of being JT and starts digging into your family and posts pictures of how to get to your house and your kids' school on his site.\"

From what I have seen over at the Anomalies site, I have to say this is a rather astute observation. Priceless, simply priceless. :lol:

But, to be fair to Darby, he does come up with some good comments and good ideas too. I just can't help feeling that the tone of that whole board is pretty negative at times.

Chromium

Wow. Thank you VirtualGirl for spawning such a fantastically entertaining read! You have my greatest appreciation and admiration.

Really, i am a lurker here. I read far more than i type, but i just had to say something as my brain has again become fully energised because of what you've written.

I thought the comments about Disney and the Blair witch comparisons were great too.

Sorry i couldn't contribute further to the proceedings here, but i am a lazy man, and am quite happy to let the other people (far more intelligent than myself) do all the work! :)

I love this place, may the saga continue! :D