JT Foundation/Oliver Williams Research

sosuemetoo

Hopefully this won't be a long-winded post, but there seem to be several things that need to be addressed here.

First. I want to welcome HuntTech and Qflux to our community. We believe it is different from any other time travel site you will ever find. I invite both of you to introduce yourselves in this thread http://www.timetravelforum.net/forums/inde...php?showforum=7 and we hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Virtualgirl, I commend you for your efforts and your research. I encourage you to continue with it and if you have ANY concerns, please feel free to PM myself or any of the staff. You have nothing to be sorry for, everything you did was done legally. I was the person, infact, that posted Williams' full name and address along with the link to his personal information. It is searchable by google and therefore is appropriate to post on this forum.

Further, I have a legal background. Paul J. Lyon is an attorney. I did some checking on what could be placed on this board, before I posted my findings. Because in the end our Admin, Satan would be held responsible for anything we post. You will also notice that Paul J Lyon posted after I did, wondering if it was the same person. If Paul J Lyon thought there would be a problem, he would have stated it.

I do not know what Darby's intentions were by posting. A paranoid version of legal consequences? Low site traffic? A diversionary tactic? A sense of caring and/or worry about this new forum? I doubt any of us really know what Darby's reason was.

What I do know is that this thread is for JT research. It should not be a "bash anomolies" thread. Most of us have a "history" over at anomolies, timetravelinstitute, ttf.tk and others. However, we members are the "cream of the crop." We should not lower ourselves by bashing other boards too make ourselves look better. We will be the best site by NOT doing what the other sites do.

Let's continue with the research, post what we have and stay on topic. That topic is "JT Foundation/Oliver Williams Research.

"Mom"

Snow

Aw come on Mom. I would hardly call people stating their observations as bashing Anomalies. In fact, I would think several people registering just to encourage virtualgirl in her efforts a really good sign for us and a tell on Anomolies. Smell smoke? There's Fire! But it is off topic so . . . back to topic . . .

Snow

The opinions presented are strictly my own and no Websites or Moderators were harmed in the process of typing it.

:unsure:

Ok now back to topic . . . I promise!

HuntTech

All:

I think I tried to stay on-topic, but it was necessary to explain my perspective regarding the research that was opened up on this thread. I think my post was topical because it had to do with what I feel *could be* a veiled attempt to suppress or stop the attempt at finding an answer. I feel that to be en pointe with the thread's purpose and topic. It was necessary to characterize anomalies.net for that reason as well.

I didn't really say anything bad about Darby. As a matter of fact, I think Darby to be very birght and he certainly researches the science of JT's machine to the n-th degree... sometimes being painfully thorough.

All-in-all, I find Darby to be fairly nice in direct email exchanges, and I find him to be very intelligent with his answers in postings. I just find it sad that when newcomers enter an idea (seemingly anywhere... on any forum), they are met with resistance. I don't want to see this research left only to the 'chosen few' that feel they have a right to be the only ones. There is a very good reason that I have not posted anywhere through this whole saga - I never felt welcome nor have I felt that *I* wouldn't be bashed immediately. This isn't specific to anomalies... it seemed to be evident on most TT forums... this one excluded. I found the atmosphere most friendly here.

It is a poor tactic to quash newcomers and their ideas. It limits your discoveries.

Again, I wasn't bashing anomalies... I was merely explaining my stance and that had the purpose of expressing direct feelings about the research information in this thread.

Since Darby's post, where have we gone with the research.. and for that matter, how far have we diverged from the topic? I think the tactic already worked. So we met with a supposed dead-end with the Oliver Williams link... or did we? We lost the influx of information from virtualgirl who seemed more adept at chasing down leads... and we stopped looking into other 'Oliver Williams' people.

This is on-topic, IMHO, because it directly relates to the research and how it stopped.

Snow

Excellent points HuntTech. Thanks for your contribution and please do continue.

I stand corrected. We were never off topic >:D<

SFW

StarLord

The fact that we have such activity regarding this new direction here from anomalies speaks volumes. This reminds me of disturbing a bee hive where the honey has been guarded for so long, it has ossified.

Welcome Darby, Qflux and Huntech, looking forward to more posts from all of you in both the pro and con titor saga.

Kudos to you VirtualGirl!!!! Keep Up The Great Work!!

Judge Bean

Originally posted by DarbyII@Sep 26 2004, 06:50 AM
For everyone,

I'm the Moderator of the time travel BBS at http://www.anomalies.net. I was one of the people who posted with Titor and TimeTravel_O on TTI and Post-2-Post. So, I've been involved with the story since it began.

A member at Anomalies posted a link to your discussion on my site. I'm known to both Williams and Haber. I'll post the same caution here that I posted on my forum. Take it for what it's worth:

UZI,

Good find on that site.

Let's be very careful about the reference to prison. We don't know that it is the same person and we can't confirm the assertion by the poster there that he somehow had access to the Florida DMV vehicle regristration system to come up with a \"hit\" on a partial VIN.

Finding vehicle registration information using a partial license or partial VIN generally requires a law enforcement department's state and NCIC connected computer system. Using that system to track an Internet story is a serious breach of security. It would result in the employee losing his/her job, possibly being prosecuted and could cause the department to have their account suspended for a period of time. Very serious business.

I see a law suit in the making with the allegation that Oliver Williams (JT Editor) is the felon in prison in Florida. Very dicey - and if he's associated with Haber he has access to legal counsel. Doubly \"very dicey\".

So, absent absolute confirmation that JT Editor/Oliver WIlliams is the same Oliver WIlliams in prison in Florida, let's not make any references to that here.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

--------------------

I don't know how the partial VIN information was confirmed using an open, public source rather than a secure government/law enforcement source. If it was done using an open public source then that, at least, isn't a problem. Good find.

But please do be careful with the allegations about Williams. You don't know that he's the same person that is in prison. If it isn't, Williams (JT Editor) is probably going to be a bit upset (and with good cause).

For me this search for "the truth" has been a game. As I said in another post on my BBS today, this is not national security and we have to respect the "targets' " personal privacy rights. All isn't fair as far as it relates to tracking down the players in the John Titor Saga.

Have fun with this story. I have. But please put it all into perspective and don't get sued. The JTF didn't pick Larry Haber at random from the Yellow Pages and he did not come cheap for them (unless he's doing the legal work for a personal friend or family member).

The name of the game for the JTF is to make a profit. They may not be making much now but this story has been produced as a radio program, written and staged as a play, has been considered as a movie and, of course, there is the book, coffee mugs, T-shirts, etc.

Actually, I hesitate to copy your post here, Darby, not wishing to give it any more wind. It has sailed far enough to date, and has done sufficient damage. I request that you post no more.

You have violated the cardinal rule of our forum, and its spirit. We are bent on discovering all that we can discover by unhampered research and speculation, and you have very nearly squelched a bright path and frightened away a valuable member.

There are many kinds of law. The one followed here is the one you are bound to honor, or get lost. We follow the law of free and open exchange of ideas and discoveries. This was apparently not your intent or desire. So get lost.

You have taken your forum to hell in your own handbasket. Please go there with it. I cannot fathom why you are so obsessed with Titor, especially since you made it abundantly clear when you had him online that you didn't believe a word he said. Why have you devoted so much of yourself to prove him a hoax? Never mind: do not answer. I don't want you to post at all, and I am not interested in your answer.

I would like nothing more than for Mr. Haber to sue me or someone on the Board. I would have a field day in court with him and his infotainment crew. One of the first things I would do is move the case to federal court in Fresno, and call everybody to town to testify; although it's not the garden spot of the free world, I would love to have all the members here in Fresno for a big party, and eventually the Disney bunch would foot the bill.

But I have reviewed the postings and find no cause for alarm. Although lawsuits without merit are routinely filed, and Disney and its lawyers are highly litigious, no member here has violated any copyright, defamation, or other law. Indeed, we posted the open question regarding the identity of Oliver Williams, who has made all information about himself (and this goes for either Mr. Williams) openly available on the godforsaken international internet.

VIN numbers are public records. The government cannot control the release of information in the databanks of Motor Vehicle Departments nationwide; for example, the most sensitive information is routinely entered on personal checks by clerks at Wal Mart. State Bar records are by law accessible to the public.

Please let's not be manipulated by those who have demonstrable interests in shutting us down or silencing members.

I see a law suit in the making with the allegation that Oliver Williams (JT Editor) is the felon in prison in Florida. Very dicey - and if he's associated with Haber he has access to legal counsel. Doubly "very dicey".

So, absent absolute confirmation that JT Editor/Oliver WIlliams is the same Oliver WIlliams in prison in Florida, let's not make any references to that here.

Oh, please. You are full of manure. First of all, it is so much of a coincidence that there would be two Oliver Williams of Florida, especially with the VIN connection, that it warrants any number of reasonable questions, and the allegation was never made by anyone here that it was the same person beyond doubt.

Secondly, "let's" is not the word you should use when you mean to refer to what you want us to say-- that is, don't include yourself in the warning. It is dishonest; what you actually mean to say is that you don't want us to make references or do further research or speculation.

OK, that's all I've got to say about this character. Let's move on.

sosuemetoo

Originally posted by HuntTech@Sep 27 2004, 10:37 AM
I don't want to see this research left only to the 'chosen few' that feel they have a right to be the only ones. There is a very good reason that I have not posted anywhere through this whole saga - I never felt welcome nor have I felt that *I* wouldn't be bashed immediately.

What you have said speaks volumes and is what this forum is all about. It is also one of the reasons many of us are here today.

You not OT, either! My fear was that the research would stop, and this is something we don't want to happen.

Carry On!

"Mom"

CaryP

You have violated the cardinal rule of our forum, and its spirit. We are bent on discovering all that we can discover by unhampered research and speculation, and you have very nearly squelched a bright path and frightened away a valuable member.

There are many kinds of law. The one followed here is the one you are bound to honor, or get lost. We follow the law of free and open exchange of ideas and discoveries. This was apparently not your intent or desire. So get lost.

You have taken your forum to hell in your own handbasket. Please go there with it. I cannot fathom why you are so obsessed with Titor, especially since you made it abundantly clear when you had him online that you didn't believe a word he said. Why have you devoted so much of yourself to prove him a hoax? Never mind: do not answer. I don't want you to post at all, and I am not interested in your answer.

What can I say? You got to love the man for his eloquence in telling someone to STFU and get the hell out. I tried to be diplomatic and cordial right after Darby posted. I had no idea of the effect he'd have on virtualgirl and other members. I gave him the benefit of the doubt as to his good intentions. I admit my mistake and offer my apologies for my short-sightedness.

Oh, please. You are full of manure. First of all, it is so much of a coincidence that there would be two Oliver Williams of Florida, especially with the VIN connection, that it warrants any number of reasonable questions, and the allegation was never made by anyone here that it was the same person beyond doubt.

Secondly, \"let's\" is not the word you should use when you mean to refer to what you want us to say-- that is, don't include yourself in the warning. It is dishonest; what you actually mean to say is that you don't want us to make references or do further research or speculation.

OK, that's all I've got to say about this character. Let's move on.

Paragraph 1. Yes, he is full of crap.
Paragraph 2. Agreed, he ain't exactly family here now is he.
Last line. I think you've done a most excellent job Paul. You're right, let's move on.

I would like nothing more than for Mr. Haber to sue me or someone on the Board. I would have a field day in court with him and his infotainment crew. One of the first things I would do is move the case to federal court in Fresno, and call everybody to town to testify; although it's not the garden spot of the free world, I would love to have all the members here in Fresno for a big party, and eventually the Disney bunch would foot the bill.

Now that's one rodeo I'd just have to make. Let me know if it ever rolls up. We could have quite a hoot on Haber's money. The TTF.net "has the power" You rock Paul. Thanks for being on our side.

Cary

StarLord

Cary,

Don't beat your self up for being polite and showing that southern hospitality that ya'll are famous for. I doubt that even Death itself would not receive that first mint julip and kind greeting before they kicked it's sorry ass back home where it belonged, once they found out who it actually was. You did us proud with your welcome Sir.

Though the Plague may visit, it need not tarry upon our doorstep cloaked in disguise and ingenious tidings. Be gone spectre of Male Bovine droppings.