Making Ormus Copper

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
@Harte So Hartey when you said, "there is absolutely no need for a core in any coil in a circuit other than it being for a solenoid or an electromagnet", you obviously made an error, such as in the case of the Caduceus coil that you yourself posted on here that is, according to you, neither a solenoid, or an electromagnet ;):D....Also that very same coil clearly had a specific "core" which was the ferrite rod as shown in the picture, and not a piece of cardboard being used, simply to support the coil......Dont try to wriggle out of your mistake :D..

However i did have reservations about the validity of that Caduceus coil, when the author stated that the current "just disappeared"...So there we now have an AC electrical supply without a current, but would magnetic fields be created without a current?...Perhaps our friend Einstein can help us out here please? :) @Einstein

When the author mentioned "impedance" it suggested to me that AC was being used in that circuit, which i believe was also Tesla`s favoured type of electricity, other than DC...(y)..

I have never done any experiments with Caduceus coils. Although there are many configurations to experiment with. So there is no way to tell if the info on them is bogus or not without duplicating the authors setup.

TimeFlipper

I have never done any experiments with Caduceus coils. Although there are many configurations to experiment with. So there is no way to tell if the info on them is bogus or not without duplicating the authors setup.

Forgetting the Caduceus coil, iam wondering if a magnetic field can be created in a circuit containing a voltage, that contains no current in it? :)..

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Forgetting the Caduceus coil, iam wondering if a magnetic field can be created in a circuit containing a voltage, that contains no current in it? :)..

Sure. Ceramic inductors allow for magnetic field induction and amplification while blocking electrical current. Voltage will be created in the inductor. But due to the high electrical resistance of the ceramic material, very little current will be produced.

Harte

I used this term because you all seem too scientific to think of it as an energy that shows up under many names in different cultures.
The thing about it is that it doesn't work only by itself, it mostly works along with other types of energy, giving them a "magic" touch. That's the reason for the ferrite core there, to give its ferromagnetism a "magic" touch. What would a "magic magnet" do in your opinion?
I dunno. The Charleston?

Harte

Harte

@Harte So Hartey when you said, "there is absolutely no need for a core in any coil in a circuit other than it being for a solenoid or an electromagnet", you obviously made an error, such as in the case of the Caduceus coil that you yourself posted on here which is, according to you, neither a solenoid, or an electromagnet!! ;):D....Also that very same coil clearly had a specific "core" which was the ferrite rod as shown in the picture, and not a piece of cardboard being used, simply to support the coil......Dont try to wriggle out of your mistake :D..

However i did have reservations about the validity of that Caduceus coil, when the author stated that the current "just disappeared"...So there we now have an AC electrical supply without a current, but would magnetic fields be created without a current?...Perhaps our friend Einstein can help us out here please? :) @Einstein

When the author mentioned "impedance" it suggested to me that AC was being used in that circuit, which i believe was also Tesla`s favoured type of electricity, other than DC...(y)..
It's not a mistake. The fact that the coil contains a core doesn't mean the core is necessary for the coil to perform.

Perhaps it's from an illustration demonstrating that there is no net magnetic force generated.

But I was wrong, if you consider a hollow cardboard tube as a core, and I corrected that.

Impedance is the resistance to current in a circuit, which can be higher with a coil because of the effect of the magnetic field created by the coil.
IIRC, it's Lenz's Law. Maybe I spelled it wrong.
You get it with DC as well, but it's simply resistance in a DC circuit. That is, it adds directly to the circuit's resistance whereas in AC it's out of phase with the current and the resistance.

Harte

TimeFlipper

It's neither, since the coil generates two equal fields in opposite directions that exactly cancel each other out.
As far as I can tell, the core is there for the clarity of the drawing.

Maybe as a template to help ensure the wires criss-cross directly opposite each node.

Another reason to have some kind of core (though not really a core) would be for support of the wires. You see this on old crystal radios - the tuner is a coil wrapped around a cardboard tube used for support.

For all I know that's true for any old radio. Crystal sets are the only ones I've built though.

Harte
I also agree with you that its neither a coil nor an electromagnet :cool: :D..

TimeFlipper

Hartey stop showing that you have a sense of humour, or you will disappoint many of the guys on here who believe that you are a very strict school teacher incapable of such jocularity!! ;) :LOL:..