People seeing Fictional Characters in Real Life

Mayhem

Zenith
Seen a couple lately but then was exposed to a few thousand people a couple months ago.

Only natural the freaks where out and about.

lamdo263

Hello everyone! Glad to join this forum! This is a topic I'm interested in trying to make some sense of, so I'd appreciate your thoughts and theories.

On the Wikipedia page for the comic character John Constantine, there is a section entitled 'real life' which documents real life sightings of John Constantine. Several writers from Hellblazer have claimed to have seen John Constantine.

There have also been sightings of Slenderman, Disney characters, The Shadow (Novel character) and Hanna Barbera characters. They weren't people in costumes.. Some of these sightings weren't even humanoid in nature. They were (to the witnesses) the actual characters themselves. There was a sighting of Slenderman by a woman names Monique Jones in England, who didn't even know he was a fictional character. The entity was also noticed by her dog.

What was unusual about these sightings is they (the characters/entities) could interact with the physical world, and everyone else could see them, so it wasn't just one person who could see them at the same time. In one case that happened decades ago, which I can vaguely recall right now, some people were even killed, leaving one witness, who was disturbed for the rest of his life because of what he had seen. At first, it was a creepy looking silhouette out of some fog, then, when they became scared of it and correctly guessed what it was, that's when it started to fully appear and give chase, and it started to eat each of his friends, one by one, with only him surviving the encounter. When he gave a detailed description of what he saw and some drawings, it matched that of a character from a then-recently released cartoon show, except instead of being friendly, it was aggressive. It was as if they were flesh and blood entities, capable of talking, eating, opening doors, etc. From what I can recall right now, there was a search for bodies, but they could never be found, so it would seem as if something had eaten them, hence why no bodies could be recovered.

These entities don't seem to stick around for too long; with the John Constantine sightings, one of the writers decided to follow him around a corner, only to find that he'd disappeared!

Sometimes, these characters behave in a manner consistent with their source material. In other cases, they act out of character compared to their source material (ie, a friendly character being violent, or threatening).

I'm not sure if this is related to ghosts, but I was thinking about it earlier and just wondered what people's thoughts are on this phenomenon.
I saw a person who I thought was Johnny Depp in Acapulco Mexico and he came right up to me at the exchange souvenir shop & offered me a drink. Feel to this day it was the real Johnny Depp, but don't know the reason he would do that?

He was dressed in his Captain Jack Sparrow outfit and the entire affair of meeting him struck me as really odd.

Johnny's a good actor but I don't get into his personal life. After some eight years now, still trying to make heads of tails out of it.

OakFieldAlienz444

I saw a person who I thought was Johnny Depp in Acapulco Mexico and he came right up to me at the exchange souvenir shop & offered me a drink. Feel to this day it was the real Johnny Depp, but don't know the reason he would do that?

He was dressed in his Captain Jack Sparrow outfit and the entire affair of meeting him struck me as really odd.

Johnny's a good actor but I don't get into his personal life. After some eight years now, still trying to make heads of tails out of it.

Duh, bro, you saw the REAL Jack Sparrow.
They HAD to get Johnny Depp to play him because he LOOKS just like him

lamdo263

Duh, bro, you saw the REAL Jack Sparrow.
They HAD to get Johnny Depp to play him because he LOOKS just like him
Was on the left side of a rectangular building. It was brightly lit and had shops where they sold souvenirs out of glass cases, all around this room. Walls were white and it was about half the size of a basketball gymnasium.

In the center was a bar where people could get a cocktail, before returning to their ship. At that time I had seen Johnny's work, knew who he was in the Jack Sparrow role. I looked at this guy and he was a dead ringer for Johnny and said to me, "If you wish you can go to the bar and have a drink".

I didn't know what to do, as I have an accurate artist eye, so was a little standoffish. I'm wondering to this day, if this was not either a contact, or some deal that someone higher up in the scheme of things wanted to talk to me.

This was at night; I was tired from the day and just wanted to get back to the cruise ship. I wasn't seeing things and I know what I saw. I didn't even have anything to drink, as this meeting unnerved me.

lamdo263

Say no to drugs.
Do you have a problem with drugs, as I sure don't? I'm allergic to what's in them, so I'm a forced nonuser. What I saw is what I had seen. Maybe it was a promotional for a commercial he was making or something. But this guy was the exact spitting image of Johnny Depp & I have a witness too.

Beholder

Did he stand in for Depp at the trial?:)
adult-pirate-ruffian-beard.jpg

Ay ay, Captain.