Series of Ruby RIdge, Waco, type events

sosuemetoo

Okay, let's stick to the topic originally started in this thread. This topic is not about IcePick. If you have problems with Icepick, please PM a mod or admin.

Here is the topic at hand, these two links:

<a href=\'http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-1...terrorism_x.htm\' target=\'_blank\'>http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-1...terrorism_x.htm</a>

<a href=\'http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&nci.\' target=\'_blank\'>http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ry&cid=519&nci.</a>..

Thank You,
Mom

icepick_lobotomy

Originally posted by Darkwolf+Nov 21 2004, 01:37 PM--><div class='quotemain'>

I never said morality was universal. I said that there were certian parts of it that were. Harming others who harm you is wrong pretty much no matter where you go. There is only one major religion where thats even debatable. [/b]

That's pretty much true in this day and age since christian world domination has pretty much stamped/ or stamping out anything it finds immoral, the nazis, commies, Islam etc. But their have been other cultures that have had morals opposite to christianity, that I've named already. So I feel your idea of something being "harmful" isn't universal and is christian based.

<!--QuoteBegin-Darkwolf
@Nov 21 2004, 01:37 PM
Now what it is ok to do to people you do see as a threat, that has varied over time and by culture. As well as sexual morals, and who exactly constitutes a threat. So what, we do have to have laws, and untill I see a good alternative basis from you, I think basing them on what they are based on is fine.

[/quote]

So do you believe morality is just based around some peoples fears also?

Darkwolf

That's pretty much true in this day and age since christian world domination has pretty much stamped/ or stamping out anything it finds immoral, the nazis, commies, Islam etc. But their have been other cultures that have had morals opposite to christianity, that I've named already. So I feel your idea of something being \"harmful\" isn't universal and is christian based.

First, you assume I'm a christian? Second, harmful is a pretty common sense thing. If somone does something harmful to you you'll know it.
I hear alot of bitching about the system from you, not much in the way of ideas for anything to replace it with. You'd prefer Islamic morality perhaps, where they behead people for drinking, beat women for showing their faces. Seriously, if you want to see some real repression, go to Saudi arabia. The USA will start to look pretty good to ya.

icepick_lobotomy

First, you assume I'm a christian? Second, harmful is a pretty common sense thing. If somone does something harmful to you you'll know it.
So I guess that means you can prove it exists?

I hear alot of bitching about the system from you, not much in the way of ideas for anything to replace it with. You'd prefer Islamic morality perhaps, where they behead people for drinking, beat women for showing their faces. Seriously, if you want to see some real repression, go to Saudi arabia. The USA will start to look pretty good to ya.

So If I moved to Saudi Arabia that'd make me happy about dubya's lies and christian oppression?

sosuemetoo

Okay kids, it's time to step back and take a breather on this one. You're skating on thin ice.

Level Two Infraction
Consequences: 20% Warning Level

These infractions include (but are not limited to):
1. Directly insulting individuals based on race, sex, gender, religion, etc.

Level Three Infraction
Consequences: 10% Warning Level

These infractions include (but are not limited to):
1. General insults directed at members, groups of members, or the entire board

Let's stick to the original topic that I reminded you of a few posts up, and stop beating on each other. This topic is not about Icepick, Darkwolf, CaryP, StarLord, etc.

DadOf5

I concur with sosuemetoo.

If you all want to have a discussion about comparative morality or comparative theology, I'd suggest that you create a thread in the proper forum.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by DadOf5@Nov 22 2004, 02:55 PM
I concur with sosuemetoo.

If you all want to have a discussion about comparative morality or comparative theology, I'd suggest that you create a thread in the proper forum.

Also, it looks like this is just an offshoot of the longstanding Waco thread.

pauli

Actually, it sounds to me like someone has a bug up their posterior.

They had better hope that Titor's world is just the product of an overstressed imagination. From what he said, religion - specifically the Christian one in America of 2036 - is taken extremely seriously. So, it sounds like it could be a losing battle to fight; or as Paul said, "To kick against the goads" (Acts 9:5). I suppose, however, if they want to fight against it, that is their business.

Moving on....

icepick_lobotomy

Originally posted by pauli+Nov 22 2004, 02:38 PM--><div class='quotemain'>Actually, it sounds to me like someone has a bug up their posterior.

They had better hope that Titor's world is just the product of an overstressed imagination. From what he said, religion - specifically the Christian one in America of 2036 - is taken extremely seriously.
[/b]

That's one problem I always had with the titor story, first he calls himself a christian then says he doesn't believe jesus ever walked the earth, so how's he a christian? But that doesn't prove him a liar just unintelligent. But Also I think he mentioned materilism not being a huge issue in a christian dominated future and in my opinion those two things go hand in hand. So those seem like inconsistencies to me.

<!--QuoteBegin-pauli
@Nov 22 2004, 02:38 PM
So, it sounds like it could be a losing battle to fight; or as Paul said, "To kick against the goads" (Acts 9:5). I suppose, however, if they want to fight against it, that is their business.

Moving on....
[snapback]15882[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Doesn't mean I'm gonna be bullied into not thinking on my own.

I participate in christian morality enough as it is by trying to obey the stupid christian laws, I'm not about to start drinking their kool aid to.

Judge Bean

You know, if the "Perry" thread has "turned into trash," what would you call this? It's virtually impossible to tell what the Lobotomized One intends by these tirades. It is my opinion that there is no reason to start a thread on this topic, since it has already done quite well for itself nearby under the same name and with people submitting posts without ranting and raving.