Debate Should we change events if we have the abilty to time travel?

label

This is just a followup on, a previous question that someone asked and got turned into a debate purely by accident.

Now a few things,

1 > Should we change events if possible?
2 > What would be effected?
3 > Will the outcome be worth the sacrifice?

Just keep in mind this is purely fictional unless you really are a time traveler and if that is the case,
For the love of Fluffy bunnies PLEASE warn us about Windows 10 in 1995 so we have a few years
to learn a new OS...

Mayhem

Zenith
Lets look at the millions of people involved in the WW1, WW2, if circumstances were altered and those wars never occurred which resulted in millions of deaths. What would have become of them or in another way of looking at it, would it had of always been peace?

If those wars never happened due to changing the past per se, what would be the resulting outcome?

Its really a lot to think about, a lot of people, events very hard to surmise some outcome years later.

1 > Should we change events if possible? Thats a good question both on should and if.

TimeFlipper

My belief has always been that "Time" looks after itself, and as soon as any Time-Travelling begins, we are placed into an identical World to ours that allows for changes in the past....Eventually we leave that identical World and return back to "this" World of ours, where nothing has changed :)...

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Eventually we leave that identical World and return back to "this" World of ours, where nothing has changed :)...
That may be true for some people, those who wish to return to the world where no changes are made. Personally, I may not want to go back to the world I came from, which is this one. In other words, once I change history or create an alternate timeline, I may want to start over in that new world.

TimeFlipper

That may be true for some people, those who wish to return to the world where no changes are made. Personally, I may not want to go back to the world I came from, which is this one. In other words, once I change history or create an alternate timeline, I may want to start over in that new world.

There is an old saying, "Better The Devil You Know, Than The One You Dont Know".....Meaning, the World you enter to make changes, could have far greater problems there for you, than if you simply come back into this World ;) :eek: :D..

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
There is an old saying, "Better The Devil You Know, Than The One You Dont Know".....Meaning, the World you enter to make changes, could have far greater problems there for you, than if you simply come back into this World ;):eek::D..
Then again, it's possible that I won't want to come back to this world or reality. I'm not saying that's a definite, but there are many variables of what happens in life, and I don't believe everything that happened in this world is for the best. ;)

TimeFlipper

Then again, it's possible that I won't want to come back to this world or reality. I'm not saying that's a definite, but there are many variables of what happens in life, and I don't believe everything that happened in this world is for the best. ;)

Historically speaking in our World, we can "map" a reasonable idea of a "Doomsday" scenario for the Earth, and i believe that day will not happen because of Nuclear Warfare, pestilence or hunger....It will happen because of an Asteroid strike, one and a half miles wide, hitting us at 30,000mph with an energy factor of about a 1.5 megaton bomb....It would throw up so much moisture and debris into the atmosphere, it would block out the Sun and end all life on Earth..

Moving into an alternative and identical universe to ours where changes can be made such as you want, the chances are that other time-travellers have been there before you, and already changed events that impacted upon changing the things that you wanted to change, through the Butterfly Effect....Elvis might never have existed, The Beatles never wrote the music as they did in our world...A nuclear war might already have happened and you were starting to die very slowly and painfully from the moment you entered the alternative universe, that now you cannot get out of....

There are endless amounts of reasons of what could happen in an alternative universe, some good, some bad....But would you really take that chance of going there and being stranded, not necessarily through the time-machine malfunctioning?..Thats why i posited that saying...Better The Devil You Know, Than the one You DONT know :D.....By the way, the worse thing that could happen to me in an alternative universe, would be having no Paranormalis to log into ;):)..

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@TimeFlipper - Well said there, but I'm willing to take my chances in another timeline or reality, one that includes my proposed changes. And assuming things are fine with the changes, I would then like to start over from day 1 of my life. Of course, I've been saying that all along. And remember, endless scenarios and possibilities is a key thought here.

TimeFlipper

@TimeFlipper - Well said there, but I'm willing to take my chances in another timeline or reality, one that includes my proposed changes. And assuming things are fine with the changes, I would then like to start over from day 1 of my life. Of course, I've been saying that all along. And remember, endless scenarios and possibilities is a key thought here.

I believe i might have found a flaw with your present method of meditation, which should result in telepathic communication!! :eek:....
Its unlikely that the UFO occupants would have even developed their own telepathic skills, and even if they had, they might never resonate with a human beings telepathic frequencies...I remembered an article that Preston Nichols wrote about unsuccessful telepathic communication with some "Greys"....The reason was, (According to Nichols), different telepathic frequencies which is logical, as the Greys and Humans have different physical and psychical make ups :(.......The answer could be my original idea, it seems slightly more logical ;) :D..

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@TimeFlipper - Interesting observation, but at the same time it's a little confusing, since Dr. Steven Greer seems to make it clear that telepathic contact between humans and ETs is possible. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what you're speculating in that last post, it implies that a human-ET telepathic contact is impossible.

During my daily meditation last Friday night, I felt at least one strange vibration, particularly resonating in my ears. Yes, even having my earplugs in my ears, which I've been doing for meditation for a while. I have a hunch something paranormal is going on...