Debate Should we change events if we have the abilty to time travel?

TimeFlipper

Firstly i can find no evidence that Steven Greer holds any PhD, i have seen the three Universities he studied in, but none of them state he gained a PhD...Which is not unsurprising actually... Lots of "so called" doctorates are self made, only to impress people into buying a book and their own concepts, perhaps iam being cynical my friend, it stems from my old age :cautious::LOL:..

Personally, i can only rely on Preston Nichols and the amount of work and experimentations he did is breath taking, and he doesnt attach any letters before or after his name......From his vast knowledge of electronics alone could have given him an MsC twice over....Its great to know you have had some responses to the meditation....BUT, if you ever find yourself suddenly floating in the air, stop meditating immediately!!...You could easily be picked up on an "Over the horizon Radar system", and consequently be named as a UFO!! :eek::ROFLMAO:..

TimeFlipper

@Classicalfan626 I just noticed that on Steven Greers book, "Unacknowledged", he is using M.D after his name...He evidently dropped the PhD from it...PhD=Doctor of philosophy or something else similar :LOL:, M.D=Doctor of Medicine.

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

@TimeFlipper what was Preston Nichols official credentials?

Did he have any PHD's, University degrees?

Can you Elaborate on that for us all?

Excellent question my old friend, iam not certain if Nichols did have any University Degrees, but i made the point that with his obvious vast knowledge, he would have achieved the highest standards possible, if he actually believed he needed them...In the case of Steven Greer, i couldnt find any evidence that he attained a PhD degree...To attain a PhD he would have to have been at a university for at least 5 years, i already mentioned in a previous posting......Greer attained a BsC degree in biology and also became an M.D, that he would have needed to become a Traumatologist and work in hospitals, which apparently he did....Much of his life was spent studying UFOs :)..

Last edited:

label

Would it matter?

A long time ago i figured out some potential problems with time-travel and the so called time-loop doomed to repeat itself. i was very young then and very bright. Then something changed. A great evil entered my life and i was never the same. Thoughts that was once easy became terribly difficult and the effects echoes to this very minute.

Would i want to go back and change that? Yes very much so, because i would be where i was suppose to be. Not where i am now.

A single event took my everything and for the lack of a better word i felt cheated, betrayed and worse. So if going back in time will only effect my life, my situation and my outcome i would gladly go back in time undo or prevent this terrible evil.

See my life is mine, it is mine to do with as i please. But on the other hand, i have no right to rewrite history because with every change millions will be effected with every choice someone's future may well be erased.

So the question is not "the greater good" because the price will be a very heavy burden for any mind. See for me personally the price remains to great regardless.

Regardless of the outcome, will it be worth it?

i think not...

rossnr

Same here and isn't not possible to come back to your worldline anyway because once you go back your alternative wkrlds future is yours or when you travel to the future it splits off to another worldline very similar to the others. Time travel seems fun but its a risk . Its not like Back to the Future where you come back to your exact spot.
That may be true for some people, those who wish to return to the world where no changes are made. Personally, I may not want to go back to the world I came from, which is this one. In other words, once I change history or create an alternate timeline, I may want to start over in that new world.

rossnr

@rossnr - Interesting thoughts. :)
Here's another thought that scares me about time travel if every time you go back or forwards the timeline splits just slightly. Lets say you go back to the year 1984. On that year the Soviet Union almost nuked the US because there were false signals on satellite showing nukes coming towards them but the guy controlling the sky ignored it and saved the world from nuclear disaster. Slight deviations can show a major difference in the worldlines but look very similar to current world line. Another example is you go back to the past and instead of eating McDonald's you go somewhere else and there is a robbery and you were shot and severely injured.Just another food for thought about traveling time and the risks involved.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@rossnr - All of that food for thought is very much the reasons I don't want to time travel alone. Rather, I'd do it with the help of ETs and their advanced technologies.

label

Well allow me to break a few mirrors.

Here is why things cannot work the way we are told. Yes to be sure a actual rocks is more intelligent then me so as you continue remember this bit.

I don't think time is distributed to alternate realities, i don't think there is a multiverse. Why? Well because of gravity. See we kind of accept that the multiverse is possible but i started to question the logic math and science behind it when seriously intelligent people couldn't explain to me how each multiverse can be perfectly isolated and connected at the same time.

Yes i understand phasing BUT gravity is gravity and gravity doesn't like to be messed with. See if we have more then one sun existing in different times, places and space and yet they are suppose to occupying the identical space at the same time. Things get strange because if each of us generate a new alternate then there has to be Billions upon billion upon billions of suns. Now call me stupid but that is a lot of gravity and energy and sunscreen.

Point is all those version must have "some" effect on us and it has to increase intensity at some point. Yet last time i checked there is nothing. Not one 1 quantifiable anomaly. So how is it that we cannot detect literally Billions upon Billions of gravitational energy and the like?

Isn't that strange? Just a tiny little bit?

I think time is linear and i think the time line resembles a vector. I think the observable "Universe" supports it and i think quantum mechanics in general hasn't really showed us anything to suggest that there are Billions of versions of earth hanging around in perfect little isolated bubbles. YES there are anomalies but they are hard to track and very hard to experiment with.

But I honestly and truly don't think there is a multiverse, multi time lines and that every single thought and action can create a new world and accompanying timeline. I say this because eventually things simply has to interact or otherwise by definition they cannot exist. Meaning IF my thought creates a NEW time line and NEW world than my thought HAD a effect that is so powerful that it created a brand new star system literally. Do you have any idea how much energy that will take? It is simply not possible because we would have been able to detect something by now.

As for going back in time. Again you are talking about resetting every atom of everything into a previous state of existence. Well basically consider you take egg incinerate it then take the ash and some supper glue to hopefully turn it back into an egg again. You are going to be busy... Now imagine doing that with ALL the mass that ever existed.

So that brings me back to the conclusion that we are trapped within the "immediate past" meaning we can never enter into the NOW or the Future. But we cannot move past the immediate past because the energy requirement is simply beyond what is possible.

This realization broke my heart. It actually caused me intense sadness. i have so hoped to FIX or prevent that ONE event from happening.

However i do have hope that consciously we might still be able to "connect" with our past and alter it in a meaningful way. Why is this possible?

Well simply put i existed all those years ago and i still exist in the immediate past. So because my consciousness is aware of that, there might be a chance to connect to our past without having to reset every single atom. This however assume that our past still exist and is still conscious.

If consciousness exist between the "then" and the "immediate past" then YES we can try and connect using a very real scientifically proven way. BUT if it is not then i don't think time travel is possible.