The 100 push ups challenge

Num7

Administrator
Staff
For the new year, I need to get in good shape... A little bit. I'm a nerd, everyone already know that.

I decided to do the following challenge that will last 6 weeks:
Welcome to the one hundred push ups training program

So, I was able to do 9 push ups in a row for the initial test. Looking forward to day 1!

I gave it a try 4 years ago, made it up to week 3. It was pretty neat, I was quite impressed, as I was actually able to keep up with the plan and do more push ups than I thought I could do after such a short time.

It would be way awesome if a few of you guys would like to do the challenge as well. It would make things more serious!

I'll keep you updated! :)

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Count me in.

I didn't know you were supposed to do reps with pushups to increase your count.

I started a month ago trying to see how many pushups I could do. It was 10 half pushups. I couldn't go all the way to the ground and touch my chin. So I've been working on it everyday or other day. But it was only one set a day to the max I could do. Gradually I got it so I could do a full pushup where my chin touches the ground each time. Then I tried to do more. It's been tough. But my count at present is 20 full legal pushups.

Try doing a chin-up. Last month I was surprised to find out I couldn't even do one. I've been checking every week to see if that has improved. The other day I found out I can finally do one chin-up. When I was younger, I was able to do 20 chin-ups. So apparently doing pushups increases your ability to do chin-ups.

I'm a guy that runs 2 miles every morning for exercise. So apparently that doesn't contribute at all to upper body strength.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
@Einstein Nice! :) I'll start day 1 on Monday. I'll train on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. That should work best.

I never tried chin ups, I'll have to find a way to give it a try.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
@Einstein Nice! :) I'll start day 1 on Monday. I'll train on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. That should work best.

I never tried chin ups, I'll have to find a way to give it a try.

A couple years ago I ran across a chin-up bar that easily installs to any doorway in your house. With no drilling or damage of any kind to the doorway. It just quickly hangs in place. And just as quickly comes down for storage. I just leave mine in place on the kitchen doorway. I might have got mine for 10 dollars at the time. Probably at Target for discounted merchandise. I found a link on Amazon for the one I got.

Amazon.com : GoFit Elevated Chin Up Station : Pull Up Bars : Sports & Outdoors

darwi

I do physical yoga for my body everyday. But I only lift weights occasionally with my brother and remain fairly strong. But I could never do much more than 20 pushups or chin-ups. Yet I saw my father do 50 pushups when he turned 50. But he was shorter, thicker and wider. Body shape does matter. Now, at two meters tall and over 200 pounds and 62 years old, I can only do a few or several reps of pushups or pullups at the most.