The Creation of Man

StarLord

Re: The Creation of Man

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Grayson\")</div>
Just a brief interjection here as I don't want to spoil the flow of debate.

HIV/AIDS: Our capacity to produce a virus with such a selective vector path offers us nothing in the way of useful Military applications. HIV is too limited in its deployment and takes too long to achieve a state of incapacitation, or death.

Technologically, in the late 40's when we would have had to be developing this, our technology was too limited and our understanding of the human body too primitive. We had not long discovered and started to use large-scale anti-biotics.

Nature abhors a vaccuum, entropy is Death and the Reaper always gets his man.[/b]

Grayson, I don't know if you are aware of this yet but there are two cases of HIV that have just been discovered, on the west coast I believe, that go to Full Blown AIDS in months instead of the 10 year dormant period. The very scary thing is that one of the people was a anomyous test clinic visitor and there is no way to contact them unless they check in for test results. Not Good.

There is no way for us to know exactly what has been cooked up in Bio-War labs on any side and in what year they were proficient in doing this. As none of this is susposed to be going on do you think they are going to announce on BBC :Flash! New Deadly Disease Discovered In Bio-War Laboratory!!. It does not matter which side. Hell, even using a cousin of Ebola or Ebola itself is not a impossible task. If they can insert the right DNA to make fish glow where they didn't before, anything is possible.

Since Stanley Cohen and Herbert Boyer's mile stone in Genetic Engineering in 1973, who knows what bright young genetisists have been sucked up by the military to go play with letters behind several closed hermeticaly sealed barriers.

Dmitri

If life exists on time loops, and the Universe has multiple connection points, even if we consider only one trajectory, then we do not need origination factors, RNA primordial worlds and associated nonsense. Life and intelligence are inmost parts of the matter.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Dmitri\")</div>

If life exists on time loops, and the Universe has multiple connection points, even if we consider only one trajectory, then we do not need origination factors, RNA primordial worlds and associated nonsense. Life and intelligence are inmost parts of the matter. [/b]

Which is whyI specifically stated my argument beginning about 325,000 years ago, which is when the Human Mitochondrial DNA takes a jump to the left and man evolves several stages overnight.

Whatever happened then, we have built upon.

But, natural selection also includes our own survival from predation and predators. If we hadn't learnt to sweat, we would never have escaped the Sabre-tooth nor learned to beat each other up with big spikey sticks.

Simply put Evolution is an open ended natural Revolution.

StarLord

So ET's manipulation of our DNA structure is to be considered a natural revolution?

Dmitri

In this framework, yes ET\'s manipulation of our DNA structure is to be considered a natural process. However, they are bound to be limited as well, just an upper level in the material intelligence. (I would not take the idea to the bank yet, it is just a suggestion.)

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
So ET's manipulation of our DNA structure is to be considered a natural revolution?[/b]

If it is their evolutionary imperative to do so, then yes it is.

We see our evolution in Solar isolation. That may not be the case though, Universally we may belong to a broader evolutionary imperative and this is simply our starting point.

If you believe in God, then why give us so grand a Stellar vista if we were not meant to a part of it at some point.

If you are a Darwinian evolutionist, ask yourself why the Universe is so large and life here so diversely complex.

Dmitri sees another plan, which may be more logical in the broader Universal sense of things.

StarLord

I am not so sure that we are isolated so much as we are being monitored to see if we pass a few certain hurdles in the evolutionary meandering that every race in this Universe must face. First and foremost, would be the ability to avoid incinerating our selves in a nuclear exchange.

iooqxpooi

If the exact same things happened, he would be the creator of Joe' (assuming that he may be called Joe).

He would not be the creator of himself, but another. (Multiple Worlds Theory)

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"iooqxpooi\")</div>
If the exact same things happened, he would be the creator of Joe' (assuming that he may be called Joe).

He would not be the creator of himself, but another. (Multiple Worlds Theory)[/b]

I don't know Iggy, I'd have to see the math on that theory.

Dmitri

The math might be good. I cannot give the references right away, though. Check Richard Feynman. What do we get from the notion? Many worlds are OK to depict the futures, resolve some difficulties in quantum physics, and the morality of the free will. Is there anything of the convergence of the pasts? Please let me know if you are aware of any. Talking more practical, why not try to figure reasons for the evident events in the most parsimonious way? Now we propose the infinity of the past worlds converged to anywhere and we get nowhere (again, would physics support it?). I know we are learning modifying genomes, as well as doing a lot of other practical things. Everyday world we study is very regular, isn?t it? We can build up on this regularity.