The Crystal Skulls

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: The Crystal Skulls

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't remember anything about the Mitchell Hedges skull having machined surfaces. For the other skulls, I admit that many of them, if not all of them are fake, or if you prefer, have been made in the 1700s-1800s.

Harte, where and when do you think the Mitchell Hedges skull is from ?
Fake, anything ?

Num7 :)

Harte

Numenorean7 said:
Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't remember anything about the Mitchell Hedges skull having machined surfaces. For the other skulls, I admit that many of them, if not all of them are fake, or if you prefer, have been made in the 1700s-1800s.

Harte, where and when do you think the Mitchell Hedges skull is from ?
Fake, anything ?

Num7 :)

Like I (and you) said, that particular skull was hand polished. That is the only reason to believe that it might be PreColumbian.

None of these claimed "ancient" skulls can be dated. They were not found in context, or if they were, the finders removed them from their context. Carvings made of quartz (or any stone) cannot be dated without some kind of context.

Harte

kcwildman

Beastmaster

oh come on now guys
everyone knows there is only three crystal skulls of power, and there controled by a forth, which is made of gold. shaped into the form of a ring. worn by the phantom.
sheesh didn't any of yous read comix books????:D

kcwildman

Beastmaster

it would seem to dumb old me, that anyone without a T.V would have a lot of time to set and rub on the glass skulls. also we use dryed clay chips in a tumbler to polish brass/gem stones/glass beads, every day so why would it take 300 yrs ?????? also you can cut a glass bottle with a comon file so the carving is not so tuff. I have to agree with Heart on this one useless onfo:confused:

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Well, they said that the skull of mitchel-hedges was so perfect, that it must have take more than 300 years (according to HP) to polish it with sand. It doesn't show any sign of machined surface. 300 years seems a long time without a tv... ;)

Like Harte said, it wasn't found in it's original context, so it's impossible to know if it is actually so old as some pretend it to be. I wonder if there will ever be a now unknown way to find the age of these skulls.

Num7

kcwildman

Beastmaster

another thing that always seemed odd to me was just where they found a naturaly formed piece of glass that big whout the norm. imperfections. I mean it's fairly hard to find even a small dimond thats without flaws but some how they come up with chunks of transparent glass that big???????

Harte

Numenorean7 said:
Well, they said that the skull of mitchel-hedges was so perfect, that it must have take more than 300 years (according to HP) to polish it with sand. It doesn't show any sign of machined surface. 300 years seems a long time without a tv...
Numie,

HP never actually said that. Nor has anybody that knows anything about similar quartz artwork.

kc wildman said:
another thing that always seemed odd to me was just where they found a naturaly formed piece of glass that big whout the norm. imperfections. I mean it's fairly hard to find even a small dimond thats without flaws but some how they come up with chunks of transparent glass that big???????

Chunks of clear quartz large enough (and even larger) can be today found on the intrernet for sale.

Harte

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Harte said:
Numie,

HP never actually said that. Nor has anybody that knows anything about similar quartz artwork.
Harte

Here's a part of what HP said about what they "found".
To compound the strangeness, HP could find no microscopic scratches on the crystal which would indicate it had been carved with metal instruments. Dorland's best hypothesis for the skull's construction is that it was roughly hewn out with diamonds, and then the detail work was meticulously done with a gentle solution of silicon sand and water. The exhausting job -- assuming it could possibly be done in this way -- would have required man-hours adding up to 300 years to complete.

So, all the details "could" have been done with sand and silicon. This is the way HP thinks "it must have been done". Their results are from observations, they are no facts.
I'm with you on that one Harte, HP never "said" that this skull had take 300 years to be made. They just say that if it was made the way they think it was, it could have take up 300 years. I do not take all these as facts, and I admit that these skulls can be fakes, or that they can be not special at all.

Num7

Harte

Numenorean7 said:
Here's a part of what HP said about what they "found".

So, all the details "could" have been done with sand and silicon. This is the way HP thinks "it must have been done". Their results are from observations, they are no facts.
I'm with you on that one Harte, HP never "said" that this skull had take 300 years to be made. They just say that if it was made the way they think it was, it could have take up 300 years. I do not take all these as facts, and I admit that these skulls can be fakes, or that they can be not special at all.

Num7

I hear you, but I've also read what HP actually said, and that was that there are no tool marks that would indicate that it was polished or cut by machine. The "300 years" part comes from the con artist writing about it.

BTW, HP did find random polishing marks. On all other skulls examined since, these polishing marks were all parallel - thus machine made.

In the first case, the randomness is why HP said that it could have been hand polished.

The report also said that tool marks could have been polished out of the surface if it wasn't truly ancient but carved with metal tools, not that it "couldn't have been" carved with metal tools. ("Cut" is the term anyway, not "carved." These fringe people take liberties with words to more easily get at our wallets.)

Harte

Chip Lewis

Harte said:
....Chunks of clear quartz large enough (and even larger) can be today found on the intrernet for sale.

Harte

Just search for crystal balls. They're everywhere and have been around for a long long time. They are primarily pretty clear.