The McDonald's Thread

Okabe

ohhhh Hollandaise on a burger does sound hella good~

I tried cooking with Shinkai Deep Sea Salt last night. Whoa. Stuff is incredible.

It's crazy/ they go out in like a tanker and drop a pipe down like over 5000 feet and suck up the sea water from down there which has a different quality to it. Then they go back and spray it all over long bamboo poles that are hanging in a warehouse. They have a constant mist of water coming down on them so that the salt sticks to the bamboo but the water washes away. Eventually the salt builds up to where it is pretty thick on the bamboo poles and then they dry it and smack it off the bamboo. voila, Japanese Deep Sea Salt~ sooooo good. Right up there with black Hawaiian sea salt~

you can get it here if you are interested~
Shinkai Deep Sea | Japanese Sea Salt | Noto Sea Salt

ole timer

OT loves Mc donalds..esp the Big Macs...doubled up of course thou
I usually eat there couple times a month....not especially keen on their fries thou...but any of the burgers are good

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Ah, there it is, THE McDonald's thread. I knew it wasn't in my head, yet I couldn't find it. Here I am now.

I still love their fries just as much, although I don't go there as often as back in the day. Good memories, though. :)

Now, I mostly order hot chocolates or a small double-cheeseburger for a quick tiny lunch. I rarely eat an actual meal there.

Mayhem

Zenith
A couple a years ago during covid i went to the supermarket for supplies and in the same complex there is a drive through Maccas.

So stopped so some lunch i think i got a big mac meal deal.

Well the fries where like old shoe laces, i had driven away back home before i started eating. I nearly choked later in the day i thought F this i made a complaint. About two weeks later i got a voucher 10 bucks or something, never went to that one again. The first real time i had shocking maccas.

Wind7

Staff
A couple a years ago during covid i went to the supermarket for supplies and in the same complex there is a drive through Maccas.

So stopped so some lunch i think i got a big mac meal deal.

Well the fries where like old shoe laces, i had driven away back home before i started eating. I nearly choked later in the day i thought F this i made a complaint. About two weeks later i got a voucher 10 bucks or something, never went to that one again. The first real time i had shocking maccas.

....And here I had thought that this only Happened in the US! Hahahaa

Had the same happen to me twice!
Big Mac Meal style...By the time I got home, the fries had gone to fry heaven and
what was left behind were like Zombie-Fries. Lifeless and Cold...But still resembling what they once were...sort of.

I used Google translate on the above link....If it isn't translated, it's worth it to try.

It's from a working link from the OP starting this thread and is in Japanese.

sweet chilli shrimp

sweet chilli shrimp​

The sweet chili sauce accented with mild sweetness and spicy chili peppers is a dish that enhances the deliciousness of the plump shrimp cutlet.
  • *Contains honey.
  • *Please be careful if you don't like spicy food.
  • *Be careful not to burn yourself as the contents may be hot.
  • * Prices are different at some stores and delivery.
single item¥450~

Quite different than what we have here.