Debate There is no "God"

Octavusprime

Would GOD really be a HE? If anything an IT. IT is the unexplained force behind life, the physical world and everything in between.

Weeeeee_Zard

Would GOD really be a HE? If anything an IT. IT is the unexplained force behind life, the physical world and everything in between.

But, why is that god? Why can't it be just the unexplained about life and everything. Why does it have to be god?

Seems like anything that we lack a simple explanation for must be god.

So then god/myth is ignorance, or the substance of god/myth is ignorance.

Octavusprime

I don't use the term god. I'm just pointing out the ridiculousness of personifying this "force" that is supposedly responsible for everything around us.

Samstwitch

God is a He, not a She or an It. In Genesis 1:25 it is written: Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Then Adam was created.

When God said "Let Us make man in Our likeness..." He was speaking to His Son, Jesus who was in Heaven before He was incarnated on earth.

Octavusprime

God is Male, not Female. In Genesis 1:25 God said: Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Then Adam was created.

When God said "Let Us make man in Our likeness..." He was speaking to His Son, Jesus who was in Heaven before He was incarnated on earth.

I understand what the man written book says but doesnt that sound rediculous? Why would a god need to be male or female? You only need a penis if there is a similar female god to make babies with. God being male or female makes as much sense as calling my right hand Harry.

Samstwitch

God is Male, not Female. In Genesis 1:25 God said: Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Then Adam was created.

I understand what the man written book says but doesnt that sound rediculous? Why would a god need to be male or female? You only need a penis if there is a similar female god to make babies with. God being male or female makes as much sense as calling my right hand Harry.

I'm not trying to poke at you here, but you are the one who sounds ridiculous comparing God to mankind when it comes to reproductive organs. Who said God has a penis? God does not need to procreate. In the Books of Adam and Eve in The Forgotten Books of Eden, after Adam and Eve are banished from Paradise and made to live on earth, they lost their heavenly bodies and were transformed with intestines and other body parts that they didn't need in heaven. So I doubt those of us who go to heaven after earthly death will even have genitals as we do here. The heavenly body is immortal and very different from the earthly body.

You don't seem to know anything about God...but believe what you believe. I was just answering your question.

Samstwitch

If someone truly wants to know if God exists and if Jesus is His Son, there is one sure way to discover the truth...study Bible Prophecy. It is 100% accurate. Only Prophecy from God is 100% accurate. That is how we know it is from God. The Scriptures also say that the Prophecy in the Bible is a testament to Jesus Christ.

There is lots of Bible Prophecy in the Scriptures, fulfilled and yet to be fulfilled, in the Old Testament and New Testament. Jesus fulfilled over 100 Prophecies about the coming of the Messiah, something only He could fulfill.

Here is a link to some other Bible Prophecies that have come true: The Daniel Project: Prophecy 100% accurate

I'm not here to debate the existence of God, but rather to offer information as to how one can find proof that He exists. This is one way. But to many who don't believe God exists, no amount of proof or miracles will convince them. Jesus said that (paraphrasing).

Weeeeee_Zard

Sam, what is your opinion about this?

1 Timothy 2:12
But I permit not a woman to teach, nor to have authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Leviticus 15:19-30
And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even. And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean: every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean. And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. And whosoever toucheth any thing that she sat upon shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. And if it be on her bed, or on any thing whereon she sitteth, when he toucheth it, he shall be unclean until the even. And if any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him, he shall be unclean seven days; and all the bed whereon he lieth shall be unclean. And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her separation; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her separation: she shall be unclean. Every bed whereon she lieth all the days of her issue shall be unto her as the bed of her separation: and whatsoever she sitteth upon shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her separation. And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean. And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for her before the LORD for the issue of her uncleanness.

Leviticus 20:18
And if a man shall lie with a woman having her sickness, and shall uncover her nakedness; he hath discovered her fountain, and she hath uncovered the fountain of her blood: and both of them shall be cut off from among their people.

Ezekiel 18:5-6
But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right, and hath not ... come near to a menstruous woman.....

-it almost sound like "monstrous woman".

So, I'm curious to see how you find the love of god in this and how come we don't respect this law from The Lord today. We ignore it right?

Octavusprime

I'm not trying to poke at you here, but you are the one who sounds ridiculous comparing God to mankind when it comes to reproductive organs. Who said God has a penis? God does not need to procreate. In the Books of Adam and Eve in The Forgotten Books of Eden, after Adam and Eve are banished from Paradise and made to live on earth, they lost their heavenly bodies and were transformed with intestines and other body parts that they didn't need in heaven. So I doubt those of us who go to heaven after earthly death will even have genitals as we do here. The heavenly body is immortal and very different from the earthly body.

You don't seem to know anything about God...but believe what you believe. I was just answering your question.

It's not ridiculous, it's logic. I grew up catholic. Baptized, communion, confirmation, Sunday school and even an alter boy. I've studied the bible. It was written by man. The god you and many others envision was created by men over thousands of years. The story has had a long time to be worked and reworked by men, many many men. I just find it amusing that in an age of reason many people are blinded by this propaganda.

The bible was great early in civilization. It taught values, morals and ethics. While contradicting itself with a wrathfully god that punishes those "he" tells to live in peace. The whole thing is a sham IMO.

As for the possibility of a god, sure, maybe. In order to speak about the existence of god we would first have to define god. This would be an insurmountable task to get everyone in agreement.

If asked if a man like being resides over us I would most certainly say no. If asked if there is an energy or life force that allows for spectacular events and unexplained phenomena, then yes I believe in god.

Again, I hate the term god due to the wildly imaginative definitions given by certain religions but we are all talking about the same mysterious thing.