To My Friends on the Left

Yeats

I have little to say to you other than this.

If you do not publicly condemn the horrific actions of your fellows committed over the past 100 days, then you are complicit in their crimes. If you seek to justify their crimes, then as far as I am concerned you may as well have committed those crimes yourself.

HeraldOfTruth

I have little to say to you other than this.

If you do not publicly condemn the horrific actions of your fellows committed over the past 100 days, then you are complicit in their crimes. If you seek to justify their crimes, then as far as I am concerned you may as well have committed those crimes yourself.

I completely agree about condemning the actions of the Antifa/BLM RIOTERS. The peaceful protestors however should not be receiving hate, much less blame. This message of yours is heavily biased, and allow me to show you how.

I read your message to the right as well, and would like to point some things out that you may not be aware of.

Firstly, the BLM protests were kicked off by the very unjust deaths of young black men, like Trayvon Martin. Since then, many innocent or unarmed black men have been shot first, and asked questions later. Do you deny this? Do you deny our right to peacefully assemble and protest such injustices, solely because a handful of people are horrifically out of line?

Some of the incidents have been justified, but a very large number of them were not, and not even close. Contrary to what people in the right believe, BLM itself is not a terrorist organization and certainly not communist. We only want to be able to raise our children in a place where they are safe to play in the neighborhood, safe to jog or run for exercise, safe to find success, safe to LIVE.

I feel that I must repeat that you should not condemn the entire cause based on the actions of a few people. Not only are some of those people not even BLM supporters but anti-BLM saboteurs. Sabotaging protests has been a tactic for decades, including the Civil Rights Movement. It doesn’t even have to be the government doing it, just some random person out there could decide they disagree with the movement and just go out to “fuck shit up”. And yes, some of them are as rightist as the leftist is left. Being right or left does not make you right or wrong. Remember that.

Of course, we are not saying there are not bad people acting in BLM, there certainly are. However, as Donald Trump would say, there are “very fine people on both sides” and the opposite is of course true as well. There is good and bad everywhere, regardless of political factions, race, or anything else. Whether they be white supremacists who seek to oppress or oppressed minorities who hate the race that oppressed them through the history of our country, it is the same.

You told your friends on the right that they should not take to the streets because they will be attacked. This goes both ways, as well. Rightists assert that BLM is a terrorist group. We cannot go out and protest without being called communists, terrorists, or gangsters. The left faces as much danger in protests as the right. That is a fact. Hell, just recently there was a kid who brought a gun across state lines in order to provoke people in order to try justifying his shooting them.That is another thing. There should not be guns at protests period, that itself is not peaceful. Unfortunately, both sides carry them and it will continue to keep tensions high.

The only way these issues will be solved is if BOTH sides stop this political warfare and sit down at the same table and talk. And I mean REALLY talk. American politics are in shambles right now and it is really sad that we are so close to an actual war about the rights of the American people... again.

If you call to condemn these horrific injustices, then do you condemn the racially targeted violence of police officers? Do you condemn the actions of the violent rightist counter protestors?

walt willis

Long winded people tend to be more left headed politically.

If you try to reason with a stupid person outside observers may have a hard time seeing who is the stupid one?

Logic and reason seem to have been a lost subject taught in our schools?9549

Yeats

I completely agree about condemning the actions of the Antifa/BLM RIOTERS. The peaceful protestors however should not be receiving hate, much less blame. This message of yours is heavily biased, and allow me to show you how.

I read your message to the right as well, and would like to point some things out that you may not be aware of.

Firstly, the BLM protests were kicked off by the very unjust deaths of young black men, like Trayvon Martin. Since then, many innocent or unarmed black men have been shot first, and asked questions later. Do you deny this? Do you deny our right to peacefully assemble and protest such injustices, solely because a handful of people are horrifically out of line?
Trayvon Martin was killed, not by a white police officer, but by a Hispanic neighborhood watch member.

Would you be surprised to learn that more Trump supporters have been murdered by BLM/Antifa in the past 100 days than have young black men by white police officers during the same period? Never mind. They were only conservatives, therefore they probably deserved it.

If you are part of a peaceful protest, and the protest becomes a riot, and you choose to remain, then you are a rioter, not a protester.

Some of the incidents have been justified, but a very large number of them were not, and not even close. Contrary to what people in the right believe, BLM itself is not a terrorist organization and certainly not communist. We only want to be able to raise our children in a place where they are safe to play in the neighborhood, safe to jog or run for exercise, safe to find success, safe to LIVE.
No death at the hands of an angry mob is justified. None.

You are correct that BLM has not yet been officially designated as a terrorist organization. This is an oversight which, I hope, will soon be corrected.

Your last statement is patently untrue. When a mob of BLM fanatics confronted a woman dining outside a restaurant and demanded that she "salute" them with an upraised fist, or another mob surrounds another group of diners shouting "SAY MY NAME", or yet another mob commanded that two women fall to their knees and praise them, or when a representative of that mob tells local storekeepers that they either make a monetary donation to their cause "or else", then your argument falls flat. Each of these incidents have been connected with BLM supporters.

I feel that I must repeat that you should not condemn the entire cause based on the actions of a few people. Not only are some of those people not even BLM supporters but anti-BLM saboteurs. Sabotaging protests has been a tactic for decades, including the Civil Rights Movement. It doesn’t even have to be the government doing it, just some random person out there could decide they disagree with the movement and just go out to “fuck shit up”. And yes, some of them are as rightist as the leftist is left. Being right or left does not make you right or wrong. Remember that.
I condemn all Nazis. Whether an individual Nazi personally gassed a Jew is irrelevant.

I do not for a moment believe your statement that the right is responsible for the actions of those who have clearly identified themselves as BLM/Antifa.

Being right or left does make you right or wrong in this case, since the right has largely condemned these riots while the left, for the most part, has not only failed to denounce them, but has actually supported them.

Of course, we are not saying there are not bad people acting in BLM, there certainly are. However, as Donald Trump would say, there are “very fine people on both sides” and the opposite is of course true as well. There is good and bad everywhere, regardless of political factions, race, or anything else. Whether they be white supremacists who seek to oppress or oppressed minorities who hate the race that oppressed them through the history of our country, it is the same.
We agree. A mob is a mob. However, this is not 1871 or 1937. The lynch mob is no longer composed of the same people that you believe it is.

You told your friends on the right that they should not take to the streets because they will be attacked. This goes both ways, as well. Rightists assert that BLM is a terrorist group. We cannot go out and protest without being called communists, terrorists, or gangsters. The left faces as much danger in protests as the right. That is a fact. Hell, just recently there was a kid who brought a gun across state lines in order to provoke people in order to try justifying his shooting them.That is another thing. There should not be guns at protests period, that itself is not peaceful. Unfortunately, both sides carry them and it will continue to keep tensions high.
Being called a name is not an attack, at least not as far as rational people are concerned.

If the left faces danger in these riots, then it is only from their own foolishness. If one goes inside a building, blocks the exits, and then sets fire to it, then who is to blame except for oneself?

If your last refers to Kyle Rittenhouse, then I suggest further research on your part. As far as I am aware, he was in legal possession of the firearm which was given to him by those who were protecting a business which was being attacked by "protesters". After having numerous objects thrown at him (including at least one Molotov cocktail) and after being shot at, the young man ran, was chased, fell to the ground, was assaulted, and then defended himself. One of the rioters who Mr. Rittenhouse shot has already stated that he regrets "not blowing his head off". So much for the "peaceful protesters".

The only way these issues will be solved is if BOTH sides stop this political warfare and sit down at the same table and talk. And I mean REALLY talk. American politics are in shambles right now and it is really sad that we are so close to an actual war about the rights of the American people... again.
We agree.

If you call to condemn these horrific injustices, then do you condemn the racially targeted violence of police officers? Do you condemn the actions of the violent rightist counter protestors?
When I see them I shall condemn them.

Last edited:

Yeats

By the way, @HeraldOfTruth, I am sure that you a a peaceful person and are saddened by these events as much as I am, even though you may be to the left of me politically. All I am asking of you is that you become more aware of what is happening and of who you are defending, because even those such as yourself will not be spared if these criminals have their way.

Recently, there was some graffiti left after one of the riots. It said "LIBERALS GET THE BULLET TOO". That should be as chilling to you as it was to me.

TimeFlipper

@HeraldOfTruth - I just want to say that I don't think Yeats' post was biased at all, since he never said anything condemning peaceful protesters. Nor did he say anything regarding whether or not to condemn bad cops, though I assume he would.

@Yeats - What do you have to say on this issue?

Iam the guy who likes to condemn bad cops, there are hundreds of videos on You Tube exposing those scum...Dont take my word for it, go check them out..

alpha centauri

As far as I understood, the states make the laws for the police, because some states defund the police. So it is totally stupid to blame the government or Trump anyway, because he cannot do or change anything about the police.

If the people live in a Democrat state they should rather demonstrate against the Demorat leadership. But I would not blame them, too. Politicians dont have to be experts in every topic and those that cry the loudest, the protesters, havent given them good suggestions either. So neither of them should point the finger on anybody

The solutions the protesters made were not real solutions, the defunding makes the problem worse not better.

Witch Hunt

No! If BLM wants to use antifa for their numbers and antifa wants to use BLM to get a measure of credibility, then they are both equally to blame. That is the whole "accessory" thing prosecutors like to use when charging people.

If you are gonna use the word "unjust", you really should research the names you use to go with it as an example. Trayvon stopped, turned around and attacked a man with a gun. He was not hunted down and killed in cold blood. Zimmerman had defensive wounds on him and only pulled his firearm when Trayvon said that he was going to kill him. Not nitpicking here but facts matter.
The rest of this paragraph is an argument based upon your assertion that black men murdered by cops for no reason. Can you provide a case as an example? With the large number of black men shot since January 1st, you should be able to, right?

I agree, you make a very good point.

I agree.

If BLM/Antifa would stop spouting off Marxist talking points, people wouldn't use that against them. You shouldn't have to use Marxism to try and sell a racism narrative. If they don't want to be seen as violent, they should stop being violent.

"REALLY talk?" Well that is a bit of a problem isn't it? Considering that the left doesn't want to talk, they want to preach. They want everyone else to shut up and listen. Everyone else has to accept the left's narrative.

Again you are starting off with the "racist cop narrative!" Why don't you try to look at it from another perspective? Try this.....What is most responsible for these deaths, Racist cops or resisting arrest?