Was Jesus born with Original Sin?

alpha centauri

To old to reply to unqualified assertions that you keep secret and stupidly expect me to answer to.

To think we believe in the supernatural when we began by naming Yahweh a vile demiurge sure shows how gutsy we were.

I will try to educate though.
You are obviously also too old to recognisze that you are doing the same, what you blame others to do. Why should I answer your unqualified assertions, that you stupidly expect me to answer?

It doesnt make sense to claim a supernatural being, if you dont believe in it. Because no matter what, you would have been persecuted. If you believe in a supernatural being or not.

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.
You didnt answer my argument. Why are you and not Christians allowed to say your books are non-literal ?

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

You shot yourself in the foot with this comment. Origen was a Christian not a Gnostic. This proves my theory not yours. He even converted a Gnostic.

"Later, Origen succeeded in converting a wealthy man named Ambrose from Valentinian Gnosticism to orthodox Christianity. "

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.
This is not a proof, that they didnt believe in the supernatural. That is a part, where Jesus was against the laws and summed them up.

If Jesus would not have believed in the supernatural, he could have said it straight out and plain. Because it could not have been worse than being persecuted and hanged. The same is true for the early Christian.

Furthermore the Greek religions were more in sync with science. So if they wanted to be more scientific, it would have been better to return to the Greek religions and philosophies (Plato, Aristoteles and Co) rather than convert to Christianity Because the Greek were superior in science compared to the Christians.

Explain it to me.

Last edited:

Gnostic Christian

Is YouTube Gnosticism the new YouTube Atheism?

I don't know, but the atheist churches look and sound a lot like the older Gnostic Christian churches did and how the modern Gnostic Christian church, with an esoteric ecumenist method of study in mind.

Gnostic Christianity is just a cut above atheist and agnostic thinking. IMO.

That is why I took the label.

I am my highest authority and thus God. Who is yours?

Regards
DL

alpha centauri

Where does he say plainly that he believes in supernatural garbage?
You badmouth the supernatural again. You are here in a paranormal forum. If you dont want to talk about it, you should go somewhere else.

You have no proof. But if he would not believed in it, he would have said it to his disciples at least. That is, what I think. You cannot know for sure.

I don't know, but the atheist churches look and sound a lot like the older Gnostic Christian churches did and how the modern Gnostic Christian church, with an esoteric ecumenist method of study in mind.
Now you are honest. You cannot know it.

Gnostic Christian

You badmouth the supernatural again. You are here in a paranormal forum. If you dont want to talk about it, you should go somewhere else.

You have no proof. But if he would not believed in it, he would have said it to his disciples at least. That is, what I think. You cannot know for sure.

Now you are honest. You cannot know it.

I happen to think that Gnostic Christianity is a cut above atheism. If I did not, I would change my brand.

As to your first.
I wanted to chat on what you said Jesus said on the supernatural but you failed to back up your opinion with any quotes.

Regards
DL

alpha centauri

I happen to think that Gnostic Christianity is a cut above atheism. If I did not, I would change my brand.

As to your first.
I wanted to chat on what you said Jesus said on the supernatural but you failed to back up your opinion with any quotes.
You didnt quote your point of view either. Or the quotes were not proofs. And you are not answering my points. So why should I be interested in a conversation. There are enough parts in the New Testament. If you want to find some, you will find some. He made miracles in the New Testament. And he talked about faith and what faith can do. Believe it or not.

So I cancel the conversation. if you write again, I will not answer.

Gnostic Christian

You didnt quote your point of view either. Or the quotes were not proofs. And you are not answering my points. So why should I be interested in a conversation. There are enough parts in the New Testament. If you want to find some, you will find some. He made miracles in the New Testament. And he talked about faith and what faith can do. Believe it or not.

So I cancel the conversation. if you write again, I will not answer.

Your usual.

Regards
DL

Angelface239

1 Peter 2:22
2 Corinthians 5:21
Hebrews 4:15
1 John 3:5
1 Peter 1:18-19

JESUS CHRIST WAS NOT A SINNER. STOP BEING CONFUSED. PRAY TO HIM.
WHY CALL YOURSELF A "GNOSTIC" "CHRISTIAN" WHEN YOU KNOW NOTHING OF HIM?
Jesus was of pure of heart and he also died on the cross as will to pay for our sinning after what Adam and Eve did on earth after they tricked by Satan himself to sin in the garden by telling that they should eat from the tree of good and evil which God himself warned them not to eat from.

Gnostic Christian

Jesus was of pure of heart and he also died on the cross as will to pay for our sinning after what Adam and Eve did on earth after they tricked by Satan himself to sin in the garden by telling that they should eat from the tree of good and evil which God himself warned them not to eat from.

If god did not want A & E to sin, why did he put Satan/talking serpent there to temp them as he sat back and just watched Satan do as he instructed her to?

Do you not believe the hymn sung at this time that says that Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary to god's plan?

If necessary, would you refrain from sin and thus derail god's plan?

Would you rather derail god's plan?

Regards
DL