What Evidence Would You Need for a Time Travel Claim?

Ren

Titorite, are you the inventor of WINUX? Dood! I am impressed with you. Did you ever make money from it?

The IBM 5110 can do this. No other modern computer can.
To be read from bottom to top 30, 20, 10 -- no computer but the IBM 5100 can do this.
10] END
20] Goto 10
30] Print "Hi. How are you?"
--------------
To be read from top to bottom 10, 20, 30 -- modern computers do this.
10 Print "Hi. How are you?"
20 Goto 10
30 END

kurisu

Titorite, are you the inventor of WINUX? Dood! I am impressed with you. Did you ever make money from it?

To be read from bottom to top 30, 20, 10 -- no computer but the IBM 5100 can do this.
10] END
20] Goto 10
--------------
20 Goto 10
30 END

I think it was the IBM 5100 not the 5110. :p

kurisu

10] END
20] Goto 10
--------------
20 Goto 10
30 END

I forgot to add this -

You may call me crazy but, I highly doubt the IBM 5100 could emulate and, debug a modern day mainframe or every a mainframe for a couple years back. I've never seen it at action and, probably won't but, I think my concerns regarding that fact aren't so far fetched.

Also what you posted makes no sense at all for starts on the IBM example you have END at the start which would cause the program to close before start ( which would be avoided if your claims regarding reading it reverse are true ) also you have "Goto 10" and, 10 is "Print "Hi. How are you?" which would automatically be posted since you used the print command. The problem with your post is that there is no where to go when you call "Goto 10" you would have to do something more like

10] Print Hi. How are you?
20] goto 10
30]:10
40]END

if you know anything you can probably see there isn't a real point in doing the goto since the next command is end. If you wanted to manually close it then you would need to do

10] Print Hi. How are you?
20]Print Press 1 to close. // This serves as "instructions"
30]set /p var=command:
40]if %var%==1 goto 10
50]:10
60]END

Of course this is based on what I know which is probably more modern and, unless your a retro programming nerd i doubt you know much more then, I do about it :p. However I do know the IBM runs BASIC so it would be possible to use the commands.

Peregrini

If my memory of basic programming still is correct;
10 Pr "Hi. How are you?"
20 x=x+1, if x=10 go to 40
30 go to 10
40 end
This would print 10 times and then end. The example without the line 20 qualifier would run until you stopped it.
Why would anyone would want to run a basic program backwards?

Ren

Kurisu, thanks for your observation of this post. I'm somewhat of a hobbiest programmer. If you'll look at my Dungeons and Dragons game on my website you'll find a game I developed using only JavaScript and CSS. Ren's Home Page

The IBM could translate between IBM, APL and BASIC.
In 1978, it could even translate UNIX.

Now on to the simple BASIC code.
This computer has the ability to compile code backwards and normally forwards. It can execute 10, 20, and 30 or it can execute 30 first, then 20, finally 10.
I'm well aware that this can be done as a software solution.
But as a hardware solution -- it can be used to control a device.
Get it?