What Would Life Be Like Under Martial Law?

advntrjnky

Re: What Would Life Be Like Under Martial Law?

the book "Empire" written by Orson Scott Card a few years ago addressed this same issue. I think he did a pretty good job of showing how it would be different region by region and how it changes as you travel away from the epicenter of events.

advntrjnky

HDRKID

As I always say life imitates art in some cases.

Frankenstein+monster+and+little+girl.jpg

38020.jpg

TheA10tion

in martial law . one nation gets stronger but in the sense of making way through life MARTIAL LAW did not respect the human rights

Its the time now to make a POWERFUL LAW that if one government is under the rule of military junta THEY SHOULD always think whatt is the good they can do to the sake of their fellowmen WHICH HUMAN RIGHTS RIGHTS IS VERY SACRED AND WOULD NOT ABOLISH!!!

DEATH PENALTY IS THE KEY TO THE CRUEL LEADERS UNDER MARTIAL LAW....
DONT ABOLISH HUMAN RIGHTS if the government is under the martial law../
WELL it is depends on their constitution....

LETS WAKE UP!!!

kcwildman

Beastmaster
What Would Life Be Like Under Martial Law?

We've discussed this in the past and it hasn't happened yet. But, with the wheels turning in the gulf, and the tea parties, the drug cartels war leaking over into AZ, rising unemployment, no extension of the unemployment insurance, the possibility that welfare will get cut...more and more people will become dependent upon the system and dependency upon something that cannot be depended upon is extremely dangerous. After these entropic phases unfold, the crime rate will climb, armed citizens will stand up, and at the point where the integrity of the system begins to appear weak, they will declare Martial Law. It may take some time but, I don't see a scenario where this doesn't eventually occur....

What say you?

I have to agree here the new system cannot be while the old still lives the collaps is even now afoot how many adds have you seen for life lock. soon the system will fall and to get any type of service/goods you must Identify. the gulf and oil are a simple means to an end. we must never forget that we fight not anginst flesh and blood but the power of evil in high places.

wELL COUNT ON A REDUCTION IN CRIME, NO JURIES, JUDGES, JUST TAKE SOMEONE CAUGHT BREAKING THE LAW, AND SHOOT THEM. See how simple the issue of crime control can be arranged.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
there will be a time of riots and mayham but it won't last to long. gonzo has the right idea :Dget away from the crazys and do for yourself. after about 30-9o days the dust shoud be settled some. enough to go look around, see whats left of this mudball. but watchout for the dogs and such they aint pets nomore and they will run in packs. make good soup thow

Docroot

So just saying personally as a soldier I don't think I have ever met another soldier who would kill another american citizen, unless directly threatened with a weapon. Not even the ODA guys I have met would do something like that (those are the guys at fort bragg). So yes while martial law could possibly be started it would be very hard to be enforced and the only way people would even get treated bad is if they forcefully revolted in which case it would be the same things that would get you in trouble now. Things such as assaulting an officer for example the only difference would be your punishment would come much more swiftly and be much more severe. Soldiers are people to and while we are patriotic we don't just blindly follow are every order. We constantly question on a daily bases while its more in the aspect of thinking of a more effective way to accomplish a task or mission it never the less shows that we don't follow blindly. Plus soldiers have families to we are human and we do have morals if you would not want to kill another citizen why do you think we would want to? Also military units are designed to work as a team and while attached to my tank platoon all were from different parts in of the country. In order to get northern soldiers to go to the south and vice versa it would take a large amount of resources to reassign and relocate soldiers so that they would all be going to locations that they don't have family and would take years to accomplish along with the training they would all have to go through with their new unit to become effective. Despite what you might think different units operate in different ways so what my platoon does in a react to contact drill is different then the platoon in a company right across the street from mine. Also under martial law there does not have to be a total loss of rights that everyone seem to assume. Think about it this way as a soldier every aspect of my life is controlled but I still get to go out and have a life. My first line NCO has to know where I am but I can do what I want as long as its not illegal and martial law could really be that simple. People could go on with their normal every day life the only difference would be military unites instead of police and military law instead of civilian law. Thats the life I live everyday and while it kinda sucks a little having to keep someone informed on where I go I am still pretty much like an everyday civilian. I can go to the movies, out to eat, bowling, on a date, out drinking with my battle buddies, and whatever else I want.