Who Are You?

CaryP

Who Are You?

Originally posted by wrlarsen+Aug 2 2004, 10:44 AM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-CaryP@Aug 2 2004, 09:24 AM
Welcome Mr. Larsen and Ender

Cary
You can knock off the Mr., if you want. I was a kid once myself.
There seem to be a lot of 'em here (kids). Or maybe they are just 'Wackos!'
I was taking this TT stuff seriously for awhile (about one day!).

Can I tell a religious joke? With a Mormon sister & a JW wife I've lotsa those.
[snapback]5885[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

I'm sorry if my "Mr. Larsen" offended you. It's just a normal response of mine in addressing those of an older generation, having been raised in the Deep South (although Dennis Miller, the comedian, claims there's nothing deep about it). I was raised in the habit that the appropriate addressing men and women of an older generation garnered an automatic "Mr." or "Mrs." or "Miss" salutation. Sadly, many of our current day youth, are unaware of or don't care to show this minor sign of respect for their elders (and I'm not asking anyone to address me as "Mr.") If you'd prefer, I will address you by your member name. By the way, I'm 50. I don't address anyone else here with appropriate titles, because outside of you, I am one of the oldest members here. And there are a few "kids" here. For the most part, they behave fairly well.

I would love to hear any and all religious jokes. I can tell you a few Cajun and Aggie jokes if you're interested.

Cary

Ralan

Who Are You?

Thanks, but
???? re: 'Jesus'. ???
and 'saves' from what? Am I in trouble? Did I do something wrong already?

I don't understand? Please clarify.

Jesus will save us all from hell apparently.

I'm 15, but there's only about three or four others as young as me. The rest are 'wackos', yes.

:D

StarLord

Who Are You?

A Rabbi, a Priest, a Pastor, A Prostitute with a peg leg and a dog all dressed in Dacron walk into a Bar and the bartender asks:
"Hey, what is this a joke??"

Judge Bean

Who Are You?

A Catholic walked into a bar with a brass Buddha on his head, and the bartender said "Jesus Christ, where'd you get that?"

The Buddha said, "Well, it started out as a wart on my ass."

DadOf5

Who Are You?

The jokes are great, folks. :lol:

But, lets have them in the humor section instead. Lets keep this thread for introductions. ;)

Judge Bean

Who Are You?

Originally posted by DadOf5@Aug 2 2004, 06:42 PM
The jokes are great, folks. :lol:

But, lets have them in the humor section instead. Lets keep this thread for introductions. ;)

I initiated the thread as a way for members to know one another apart from straight introductions. Larsen had trepidation about telling a religious joke, so I was trying to both welcome him and introducing myself to him.

If you put all of the jokes in the humor section, it would swell to include about half of the material on the forum, wouldn't it?

StarLord

Who Are You?

What better way to get to know a person then by finding how far out on the limb they are??

Ralan

Who Are You?

A Catholic walked into a bar with a brass Buddha on his head, and the bartender said \"Jesus Christ, where'd you get that?\"

The Buddha said, \"Well, it started out as a wart on my ass.\"

:cry: :D

That killed me.

StarLord

Who Are You?

In the timeline I am from, that buddah was much smaller and had green skin, a proclivity for eating flying insects and would cause warts if he micturated while you held him.