Debate why are people still taking John Titor seriously?

Sam Slagg

Some of his predictions pretty much anyone could had made and ALL his predictions never happened so why oh why does this guy still get treated like he was some sort of time lord who was really able to go back from the year 2050 or whatever it was and go in some chat room? is there a SHRED of evidence that says he was legit? even a tiny bit? I have studied the story and claims fairly many times and found none whatsoever and pretty much anyone can put up a pic of some high tech looking equipment with warning stickers on it and say its a time machine.

I know everyone likes to hear and believe an exiting story but come on people. Come on!
I think the better question is why did anyone EVER take this troll seriously to begin with. I know that very few did at the time. He admitted that his real name was not "John Titor." Who invents an alias with a first AND last name? There were those of us who live in the Tampa Florida area who were willing to go to the courthouse and look up he and his family but of course that would have ended his hoax immediately.

Sam Slagg

I think the general answer to Barbon's question is that Titor had a good story.
Like The Book of Mormon or The Name of the Wind.

Time travel debates don't exist in the current time.

How many?
The reality though is that the story really wasn't that good. He found a creative way of getting around the problem of providing specific
"future" information by inventing a "timeline divergence" and nothing more. Having set the stage in this manner allows for all sorts of " predictions" that have a built in failsafe when the"prediction" is wrong. As far as the internet being better now, yeah of course it is you wouldn't have to be a "time traveler" to speculate about that. Pretty much all of our technology has improved over the years. This is not prediction or even speculation, it is inevitability.

Exactly.

I think it is important to use our best critical thinking skills here.

Consider this;

If, in 2001, technology to turn cell phones into "hot spots" was in the testing phase being developed in a laboratory, it suggests that anyone who knew this would be a saavy tech person or privy to that information as per being part of it.

Of course, if you were from 2018 traveling back to 2001, it is understandable how not having the same convenience of wireless networks could be a little annoying or frustrating. It would be something you would likely take note of, and even mention.

But how would he know people would be openly debating time travel in these forums in such a capacity. Granted, many people have openly debated such things for a long time. But was it at the same level as it is now? Would it be such a hot topic had he not posted in 2001. How would he know that he was even taken seriously enough to provoke it?

Who knows?
A I said before, time travel has long been a dream of the human being. Nothing new there. As for debating it, the internet has offered a new forum for debating EVERY topic. Again, nothing "time traveley" about it.

Ren

You're sure to learn a lot when in a debate where everyone agrees. And now that you know for an absolute fact that John Titor and time travel does not exist, why are you worried if other people believe or not? Why do people argue about Jesus coming back in a UFO when everyone knows he is going to fly down in the same way he ascended. Disregard the details of Romulus' ascension into Heaven.

Sam Slagg

You're sure to learn a lot when in a debate where everyone agrees. And now that you know for an absolute fact that John Titor and time travel does not exist, why are you worried if other people believe or not? Why do people argue about Jesus coming back in a UFO when everyone knows he is going to fly down in the same way he ascended. Disregard the details of Romulus' ascension into Heaven.
Just because"Titor" is a hoax does not mean time travel is not possible. Also, everyone knows that "Jesus" will be riding a butterfly when he "returns."

AAA

Sam,

I very much appreciate how you are taking a critical approach to this. I have kinda been starving for someone willing to indulge this.

My perspective on the whole Titor saga is a bit different from the rest of you, as I am sitting on proof of time travel on a personal level that is related and difficult to prove. All I can do is share and hope that you will understand.

Starting on my birthday in 2001, while Titor was posting, I was being visited by a small group of people on a regular basis. There were a few things that were a little odd or 'out of place' about them. They repeatedly said things indicating they knew things about me that I did not tell them, things that they could not know by any normal means. They also sometimes talked in a context that did not make sense. (...not until later anyway). And whenever they said these things, they had a goofy boisterous smirk on their faces. When I confronted them about it, they 'played stupid' and looked as if they were trying to contain laughter.

( Keep in mind, that at that time, I had no computer or readily available access to the internet. ) I realize now that they are my witnesses that I was not posting on the internet as John Titor.

For a few years after that, I randomly encountered others doing the same things, exhibiting the same behavior. It pissed me off in a big way and scared the hell out of me. I thought I was being stalked by government or something. It caused me a lot of stress.

I had no knowledge of John Titor until around 2006-2007 when I read something about him on the net in a brief article. But I had not yet read the posts. It was just something I read about while exploring all the conspiracy theories and hype.

Later, right around the winter solstice of 2011, I started doing all these weird things that I could not (and still cannot) quite explain. I wasn't sure if they were some kind of clairvoyance, or maybe I had been hypnotized, or what. I just starting doing them and finding information that I was having difficulty understanding. I totally flipped out. It was very very turbulent within my mind. I couldn't eat or sleep right or anything. I was a completely dysfunctional mess of a mad man for a while. It was a sort of personal hell.

Towards the middle of 2012, it hit me. I realized that what I was finding was cryptic information demonstrating after the fact knowledge of events of my life and identity being left/put at a before the fact point in time. Some of those things were in regard to things my 'visitors' had said.

I remembered reading about John Titor. So I went digging to find the posts. As soon as I started reading, I immediately started noticing things of particular interest. I realized that somehow, whoever John Titor was, he knew me and things about me. I began to find cryptic information regarding my personal identity contained within those posts.

Since then, I have found a long list of such things, much of which is beyond what is in the posts. Some of which are referenced in the posts in a way that works like a sign post directing me.

Now, here is the real meat of all of this...

My knowledge of these things did not exist before 2012. I have not told these things to anyone. And the only way anyone could have known about them is to spy on me.

So, how did they get to a point in time long before I or anyone living on this planet was born?

Sam Slagg

Sam,

I very much appreciate how you are taking a critical approach to this. I have kinda been starving for someone willing to indulge this.

My perspective on the whole Titor saga is a bit different from the rest of you, as I am sitting on proof of time travel on a personal level that is related and difficult to prove. All I can do is share and hope that you will understand.

Starting on my birthday in 2001, while Titor was posting, I was being visited by a small group of people on a regular basis. There were a few things that were a little odd or 'out of place' about them. They repeatedly said things indicating they knew things about me that I did not tell them, things that they could not know by any normal means. They also sometimes talked in a context that did not make sense. (...not until later anyway). And whenever they said these things, they had a goofy boisterous smirk on their faces. When I confronted them about it, they 'played stupid' and looked as if they were trying to contain laughter.

( Keep in mind, that at that time, I had no computer or readily available access to the internet. ) I realize now that they are my witnesses that I was not posting on the internet as John Titor.

For a few years after that, I randomly encountered others doing the same things, exhibiting the same behavior. It pissed me off in a big way and scared the hell out of me. I thought I was being stalked by government or something. It caused me a lot of stress.

I had no knowledge of John Titor until around 2006-2007 when I read something about him on the net in a brief article. But I had not yet read the posts. It was just something I read about while exploring all the conspiracy theories and hype.

Later, right around the winter solstice of 2011, I started doing all these weird things that I could not (and still cannot) quite explain. I wasn't sure if they were some kind of clairvoyance, or maybe I had been hypnotized, or what. I just starting doing them and finding information that I was having difficulty understanding. I totally flipped out. It was very very turbulent within my mind. I couldn't eat or sleep right or anything. I was a completely dysfunctional mess of a mad man for a while. It was a sort of personal hell.

Towards the middle of 2012, it hit me. I realized that what I was finding was cryptic information demonstrating after the fact knowledge of events of my life and identity being left/put at a before the fact point in time. Some of those things were in regard to things my 'visitors' had said.

I remembered reading about John Titor. So I went digging to find the posts. As soon as I started reading, I immediately started noticing things of particular interest. I realized that somehow, whoever John Titor was, he knew me and things about me. I began to find cryptic information regarding my personal identity contained within those posts.

Since then, I have found a long list of such things, much of which is beyond what is in the posts. Some of which are referenced in the posts in a way that works like a sign post directing me.

Now, here is the real meat of all of this...

My knowledge of these things did not exist before 2012. I have not told these things to anyone. And the only way anyone could have known about them is to spy on me.

So, how did they get to a point in time long before I or anyone living on this planet was born?
Well, it's not so much a critical approach as it is a personal approach.
I was there during this entire hoax. I know what was really said and done, not just what has been posted since then. I along with at least 3 other posters made several attempts to verify at least SOME of what he posted and he flatly refused.Much of which took place in private messages, but not all. I haven't even touched on the other 100 holes in this narrative as there really is no need. One thing is clear, whomever "Titor" was, he was no time traveler.

I can appreciate that you are going through something you are having trouble understanding. Who are the little people you spoke of? Are we dealing with fairies, trolls, leprechauns or your average every day midgets? Seems to me that you should begin at the beginning. I hope the best for you.

AAA

Well, it's not so much a critical approach as it is a personal approach.

It is both.

I was there during this entire hoax. I know what was really said and done, not just what has been posted since then. I along with at least 3 other posters made several attempts to verify at least SOME of what he posted and he flatly refused.Much of which took place in private messages, but not all. I haven't even touched on the other 100 holes in this narrative as there really is no need. One thing is clear, whomever "Titor" was, he was no time traveler.

Please specify. Please elaborate, as any information is helpful.

Also, I think you need to keep in mind that the cover story was just that, a cover story. It is a medium for conveying cryptic information. If you're taking it literally, you missed something.

I can appreciate that you are going through something you are having trouble understanding. Who are the little people you spoke of? Are we dealing with fairies, trolls, leprechauns or your average every day midgets? Seems to me that you should begin at the beginning. I hope the best for you.

I admit I am quite annoyed with you reducing my brief deposition of my personal experiences to fairies and bullshit. I suppose that is easier than actually indulging in the thought exercise.

I challenge you to actually THINK, and assist me in processing this information rather than being so quick to reject it.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Concerning the time travel aspect of this debate, how can you, personally, prove that time travel will never exist? How about in 1000 years? Do you know how advanced science and technology will be by then? Scientists already state that there is nothing in Physics preventing time travel, meaning that it isn't obsurd. It is only a matter of time before someone figures it out. This means that time travelers from all over the universe could be visiting us. This is what makes the Titor story believable. No hoaxer has developed a story so intricately as Titor has. The hoaxers stop after a few days because of all the questions. If Titor is a hoax, it was done by some very smart people. Yes. People. He definitely was a team.

IMHO.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
It'd make sense that Titor was a team, the way a team of writers write for television shows...But I can't say I believe Titor was a time traveler...This was back in 2001, if someone were to come online these days posting the exact claims Titor did, I think most people would not take him seriously..That's not to say time travel doesn't exist, and I'd love to be proven wrong about Titor. :)