Would Jesus promote punishing the innocent instead of the guilty?

Gnostic Christian

Jesus didn't ask anything like that He just died for us... Solved your confusion right there. This thread is pointless like all your others.

To the brain dead like you, yes.

He cannot die for you unless you accept it by abdicating your own responsibility.

Even a child would understand that you are accepting to do an immoral thing.

Regards
DL

NIXIE

To the brain dead like you, yes.

He cannot die for you unless you accept it by abdicating your own responsibility.

Even a child would understand that you are accepting to do an immoral thing.

Regards
DL

nope he died for everyone's sins.. it is up to us to accept that fact or not if we want to be saved by Him and go to Heaven.
You are always wrong.
Satan has your mind totally ensnared.
If you don't even want to believe in Jesus why do you keep asking questions about Him like you know he lived?
Why do you keep persecuting Him and people that accept the truth about Him and what He did for everyone?

Last edited:

SinisterThinking

You did not answer the O.P., in terms of the moral aspect of substitutional punishment.

Care to? You have the intelligence to.

The issue is punishment, not sin.

Regards
DL
I did elsewhere, sorry. The O.P. goes against a primary tenet of mine. "Do not presume the will of God". There are certain things that I just don't bother with. Any time a question can have a veiled meaning isn't a question at all. It's a chess move. I loathe chess.

Mayhem

Zenith
I did elsewhere, sorry. The O.P. goes against a primary tenet of mine. "Do not presume the will of God". There are certain things that I just don't bother with. Any time a question can have a veiled meaning isn't a question at all. It's a chess move. I loathe chess.

Your smart enough to have worked him out,

when i asked months ago his reply was YES i want a world wide argument. Shows in a couple of words the intentions.

SinisterThinking

Negative propositions can never be proven. Only your positive one can be.

Look up logical fallacy, although I think you know what that is, and you are just playing with your interlocutor.

Close to Christian hypocrisy that.

Regards
DL

Not even close. If I say, "God exists". Then you say, "prove it", Then I say, "by the definition of faith, I cannot". Your choices at this point are:

1. Accept my answer
  2. refute my answer with a substantive retort.

Since the question was "prove it" AFTER I stipulated that there is no proof, logically it must go to 1 or 2 . I think that's being gracious. The best answer always is, "Well, I don't have faith in any God". Then the argument is closed.

SinisterThinking

Your smart enough to have worked him out,

when i asked months ago his reply was YES i want a world wide argument. Shows in a couple of words the intentions.
I have no problem with having quality conversations about anything. In fact, in the few days I've been here this has turned into an awesome way to spend time while drinking coffee. I cannot argue Christianity with non-Christians. There is no common ground as a starting point. There has to be acceptable starting parameters. It wasn't until I heard Dawkins speak that I realized that. He was a great guy!

Gnostic Christian

nope he died for everyone's sins.. it is up to us to accept that fact or not if we want to be saved by Him and go to Heaven.
You are always wrong.
Satan has your mind totally ensnared.
If you don't even want to believe in Jesus why do you keep asking questions about Him like you know he lived?
Why do you keep persecuting Him and people that accept the truth about Him and what He did for everyone?

Why?

Here is why.

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes. Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes. Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

Regards
DL

dimension-1hacker

Jesus didn't ask anything like that He just died for us... Solved your confusion right there. This thread is pointless like all your others.
well according to the bible jesus dieing to "save humanity" by "forgiving" all sins so all people can go to heaven I think. I did not ask for anything, but died to allow people do "bad" things then say god forgive me and they would go to an eternal paradise of no s and praying in a heaven church. Personally would like hell better if full with philosophers and beachs and no torture allowed the god. Then again, would just escape both and move on to a different part of the multiverse.

dimension-1hacker

I have no problem with having quality conversations about anything. In fact, in the few days I've been here this has turned into an awesome way to spend time while drinking coffee. I cannot argue Christianity with non-Christians. There is no common ground as a starting point. There has to be acceptable starting parameters. It wasn't until I heard Dawkins speak that I realized that. He was a great guy!
There can be common ground as a starting point as words represent meaning, though something without proof based off my current understanding of logic literally has no inherent reason to be correct; may not be incorrect but the odds are low of it being correct either. To say something exists because of a feeling though does not prove that something exists, for example saying that the sky is purple because I have faith does not prove that, as you have not seen the sky as purple you have never known weather the feeling of faith you have is accurate. Feelings unless shown to prove somethings correctness, are just feelings in of themselves with no read between the lines meaning, as you have not seen a god, determined that the bible is accurate, have neither proved or disproved that another type of religion can be correct there is no a basis for feelings of faith to be accurate. Its saying that something that cannot be seen, heard, felt, smells, and so on exists, it may but how do you know? logic only.

agree or disagree?

Last edited: