Ancient Aliens

Harte

Oh, Im sorry I missed him. He was jolly fun and kept us all on our skeptical toes.
Thanks for that Mudpuppy. Glad you like the link I provided too.

There's not enough threads like this one to hold me at Paranormalis. Just a bunch of BS time travel, new age crapola and ignorant posts about magical spells.
However, there's not very many threads like this anywhere else either. I used to posts multiple times a day at Unexplained-Mysteries too. These days it's gotten so boring that I've been writing all my posts there in limerick form until things change. My protest isn't making much headway.

All the moonbats have moved on to Facebook groups. Most of those groups kick me out after one post because they want so hard to believe a line of pure crap.

Harte

Moonbats! LoL! I had heard of alien space bats....Yeah I use to post over on UM as well but like you same boring shit day after day and the same ones posting the usual crapola.

Khaos

where the wild things are
All the moonbats have moved on to Facebook groups. Most of those groups kick me out after one post because they want so hard to believe a line of pure crap.

Harte

Like how rubbing aged urine into their eyes cures cancer? I spend my days on /r/insanepeoplefacebook and see various postings of that. Also the flat earthers too. At the very least they provide a source of entertainment. Ah Reddit, what would I do without you...

I am surprised for this thread being started in 2011, that it somehow slipped my radar after all these years. I have an interest in Ancient Aliens. I like the idea of it, extraterrestrial beings that visited ancient cultures and interacted with them, guided them down gentler paths, provided wisdom and knowledge. I mean, lots of people believe there is other intelligent life out there, somewhere in this expansive universe, yet so many find it difficult to believe that ET has visited us in the past? Or could be visiting us now? No I'm not talking about lizard people.

But let's say hypothetically everything around us, flora and fauna, came from different parts of the universe? What if we're one big giant zoo, or conservatory? What if we were actually seeded here by another race that were dying out? I'm not saying any of those things are fact, just things I like to think about, to explain the purpose of our existence, and just how exactly we came from.. a single celled organism thriving at the bottom of an ocean.

Harte

Like how rubbing aged urine into their eyes cures cancer? I spend my days on /r/insanepeoplefacebook and see various postings of that. Also the flat earthers too. At the very least they provide a source of entertainment. Ah Reddit, what would I do without you...

I am surprised for this thread being started in 2011, that it somehow slipped my radar after all these years. I have an interest in Ancient Aliens. I like the idea of it, extraterrestrial beings that visited ancient cultures and interacted with them, guided them down gentler paths, provided wisdom and knowledge. I mean, lots of people believe there is other intelligent life out there, somewhere in this expansive universe, yet so many find it difficult to believe that ET has visited us in the past? Or could be visiting us now? No I'm not talking about lizard people.

But let's say hypothetically everything around us, flora and fauna, came from different parts of the universe? What if we're one big giant zoo, or conservatory? What if we were actually seeded here by another race that were dying out? I'm not saying any of those things are fact, just things I like to think about, to explain the purpose of our existence, and just how exactly we came from.. a single celled organism thriving at the bottom of an ocean.
I like the idea too.
But your "what if" can hardly be the case, since we share so much of our DNA with pretty much ALL the life on this planet.

Hell, we share HALF our DNA with bananas.

Regarding visitation, it's extremely unlikely in the past or the present.

We are a tiny crumb of dust mixed in with all the sand crystals in a desert a billion times the size of the Sahara.

There's no reason to believe that we will ever be even found by anyone out there, much less visited.

Harte

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Regarding visitation, it's extremely unlikely in the past or the present.
With all the vast evidence out there that ETs and UFOs have visited this planet, I'll have to say you really don't know what you're talking about. I don't want to argue with you, but it seems you're buying into this whole pro-mainstream history and science propaganda.

Harte

I've done the math, you see.
Even with instantaneous travel between stars, it would take about 20,000 years to visit half the stars in our galaxy, spending only 5 seconds at each location.
Of course, lots of stars in the galaxy are binary, so shave off 5,000 years or so.
Remember, that's only half the stars in this one galaxy - AND with instant travel between stars.

In that time, if life is as common as I suspect it is, any such exploring civilization would have already come across enough of it to stop searching and start studying.

And there is no evidence at all of any extraterrestrial visits.
There is anecdotal evidence of strange things being seen. Everything else is opinion.

Harte

Harte

I mean, lots of people believe there is other intelligent life out there, somewhere in this expansive universe, yet so many find it difficult to believe that ET has visited us in the past? Or could be visiting us now? No I'm not talking about lizard people.
Definitely not the lizard people. They'd have to stop at every star between there and here in order to bask in the sun.

Harte