Anyone else from my timeline (invasion in 2026) out there?

stardude

To HDRKID:

Please, post your predictions outside of this discussion. From now on, unrelated predictions you'll post in this thread to be moved to the HDRKID II topic.

Thanks.

Thank you. Sorry if I sounded like a dick. It is hard to find the time to get in good sleep when working the night shift.

TimeIsBroken

I believe that I may be from your timeline, I remember volunteering to travel back from some time, but it was almost like another set of memories, like a past life almost. I found this post while searching for people with my same problem. I will create a separate thread with more info on my predicament, although I don't remember much else.

Ayasano

I just want to point out that using "massive low wattage lasers" to melt cities is pretty much the opposite of what you want to do. You either need a tightly focused low wattage laser, or a less focused high wattage laser. (I'm assuming the "massive" refers to how focused the laser is, otherwise that statement is just an oxymoron)

Also, if you assume that sending you back splits off a new timeline, what's the point? You can't change anything if the changes only take effect in the new timeline. (I will note that I personally favour the Copenhagen interpretation of Quantum Physics over the Many Worlds interpretation, but you seem to indicate that the latter is correct)

stardude

I just want to point out that using "massive low wattage lasers" to melt cities is pretty much the opposite of what you want to do. You either need a tightly focused low wattage laser, or a less focused high wattage laser. (I'm assuming the "massive" refers to how focused the laser is, otherwise that statement is just an oxymoron)

Also, if you assume that sending you back splits off a new timeline, what's the point? You can't change anything if the changes only take effect in the new timeline. (I will note that I personally favour the Copenhagen interpretation of Quantum Physics over the Many Worlds interpretation, but you seem to indicate that the latter is correct)

Yes the focus is quite large covering many square miles, I am sorry for the description being somewhat inaccurate, the particulars of the attack I got from someone without much of a background in physics. Either way the power is rather low on a unit per minute level, the dangerous part was the duration, like microwaving something on low for hours.

We had no clue as to what would happen when we went back, if they knew we would simply split timelines than they might not have even bothered. But I don't believe that there is no way to effect the original, I believe the timelines will slowly merge back together again, and if you average them out you are still left with a better timeline than most everyone being dead.

stardude

I believe that I may be from your timeline, I remember volunteering to travel back from some time, but it was almost like another set of memories, like a past life almost. I found this post while searching for people with my same problem. I will create a separate thread with more info on my predicament, although I don't remember much else.

Do you remember any purpose you might have? IE why you were sent back or what you are supposed to do? Anything you know or think you know about your future past would be helpful.

HDRKID

Hi, any more information about 2026? Do you still have memories. I am still trying to figure out what the big event coming event is.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
hey what kind of sports knowledge do you have for nhl and nfl for winners

I'm a skeptic, believe me, but not all time travelers are going to like sports. LOL. If I were a time traveler, I'd be CLUELESS about sports scores.
Just sayin'..... :)