Are you a Prepper?

HDRKID

Here is a real attempt to survive. Look at all the preps. People need to realize what is going on. I wish that people start to understand that our world situation continues to worsen. Sadly, most people are not aware. Look at Fukushima in japan. Radiation is still at high levels now.

TnWatchdog

Here is a real attempt to survive. Look at all the preps. People need to realize what is going on. I wish that people start to understand that our world situation continues to worsen. Sadly, most people are not aware. Look at Fukushima in japan. Radiation is still at high levels now.

This shelter is almost as good as the one I have...not really...money can buy almost anything, thats why I continually save to set aside some water. I keep thinking of the unplanned happening. One of the residents just got back from Africa with a mild case of ebola, an earthquake cracks the wall and magma penetrates the shelter, or somone outside finds the air intake or exhaust pipes. What about being cooked like a microwave by energy from the sun? Sometimes the guy running around in the woods has a better chance to face what is happening. Time will tell.

TnWatchdog

Want to Buy a Bomb Shelter?

Ryan Nickum, 02/08/13
Blogger, Estately Real Estate Search
The growing market for survival shelters and other provisions is fast becoming big business. Dozens of companies have popped up that construct and install survival shelters, and this popularity could even create a niche market for homes with old bomb shelters.

Posted: 02/08/2013 6:04 pm

22_11768701_21_1360126095_636x435.jpeg
During the Cold War, bomb shelters were frequently found in American basements and backyards. However, when the hysteria following the Cuban Missile Crisis wore off, few homes were built with them. In the years since, many of these bomb shelters were converted into wine cellars, storm shelters, or storage rooms, so people may not even know what the room's original intent was. On occasion, homes with bomb shelters appear among the hundreds of thousands of real estate listings on Estately, most frequently in homes for sale in Texas, California, and Washington State -- a complete list of Estately real estate listings with bomb shelters can be found at the bottom of this article.
Fair Oaks, Calif. -- $195,000

While fear of a Soviet nuclear attack has waned, American security fears have not. In the past decade, a growing number of so-called "doomsday preppers" and other survivalists have begun building fortified shelters to protect against meteor strikes, extreme weather, global pandemics, nuclear war, political upheaval natural disasters, economic collapse, alien invasions, generally anarchy, a zombie apocalypse, the end of days, and other doomsday scenarios that are too many to count. The growing market for survival shelters and other provisions is fast becoming big business. Dozens of companies have popped up that construct and install survival shelters, and this popularity could even create a niche market for homes with old bomb shelters.

Hillsborough, Calif. -- $12,000,000

While secure underground shelters are increasingly common, enthusiasts don't typically advertise if they have one. Companies building and installing these bunkers often do their work quickly or in secret, per the request of the home owner. Photographs of fallout shelters, panic rooms, and disaster bunkers rarely appear in real estate listings for homes that have them. The images in this article are are all that could be found from the hundreds of thousands of homes currently for sale on Estately.
Fair Oaks, Calif. -- $399,950

--
Arlington, Wa. -- $254,900

--
La Marque, Texas -- $92,500

--
While the images of these underground bunkers are few, there are a good number of homes out there with some form of bomb shelter or survival shelter. Here is the complete list of homes for sale on Estately that include mention a shelter of some kind in the listings...
California

1. Los Angeles, Calif. -- $925,000
    1. Ventura, CA--$425,000
    1. Riverside, Calif. -- $375,000
    1. Westminster, Calif. -- $380,000
    1. La Puente, CA--$185,000
    1. Laguna Beach, Calif. -- $9,695,000
    1. Fair Oaks, Calif. -- $399,950
    1. San Bernardino, Calif. -- $180,000
    1. Fair Oaks, Calif. --$195,000
Florida

1. Clermont, Fla. --$225,000
    1. Deland, Fla. --$134,900
    1. Leesburg, Fla. -- $324,900
Maryland

1. Port Deposit, Md. -- $284,900
Oregon
    1. Gresham, Ore. -- $145,000
New Jersey

1. Burlington, N.J. -- $124,900
    1. Williamstown, N.J. -- $199,890
North Carolina

1. Lincolnton, N.C. -- $76,000
    1. Durham, N.C. -- $159,900
    1. Mount Airy, N.C. -- $135,000
Pennsylvania

1. Phoenixville, Pa. -- $215,000
    1. Drexel Hill, Pa. -- $225,000
Texas

1. Abilene, TX--$83,500
    1. Dallas, Texas -- $519,000
    1. Eagle Lake, Texas -- $72,000
    1. La Marque, Texas -- $92,500
    1. Kurgerville, Texas -- $210,000
Virginia

1. Orange, Va. -- $174,000
Washington

1. Arlington, Wash. -- $254,900
    1. Seattle, Wash. -- $699,990
    1. Buckley, Wash. -- $399,000
    1. Olympia, Wash. -- $185,000
The growing market for survival shelters and other provisions is fast becoming big business. Dozens of companies have popped up that construct and install survival shelters, and this popularity could even create a niche market for homes with old bomb shelters.

TnWatchdog

These thoughts came to me today...Don't forget to 'prep' yourself. Lately I've been to the dentist for a major overhaul. Taking care of cavities would be a smart thing to do, now...instead of waiting for a toothache with no one around to take care of it. Also, if you wear glasses...get your eyes examined, now...and get some new glasses so you can see the drones flying over your backyard. Make sure you have a 90-day supply of meds if you take blood pressure medications. I use a gallon on water every day and a half to make coffee so when I empty the good water, I fill the jug up with tap water and store it in the basement. If the grid goes out...no city water so think ahead and get a 90-day supply...just in case.

TnWatchdog

I've been watching too may end-times type shows lately and have become interested in obtaining a crossbow. Does anyone have any suggestions? I think it would be great to add to my hobby list and use it for future hunting and/or protection. I want one similar to the guy on The Walking Dead television show...lol. I am serious about getting one and want to start practicing with it...I am going to start looking around at pawn shops and elsewhere.

Samstwitch

Rocket Stove 2.jpg

Yesterday I bought a really cool Rocket Stove from a guy who makes them here in Texas. :cool: I've been wanting this stove for over a year, so I was very excited to finally get it. :) These are the best ones I've seen yet. It weighs 34 lbs.

I also bought a couple of collapsible animal traps at Harbor Freight in case we need to resort to hunting for food when TSHTF.

Rocket Stove 1.jpg

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I also bought a couple of collapsible animal traps at Harbor Freight in case we need to resort to hunting for food when TSHTF.

When TSHTF, I would think an umbrella and a raincoat might be more appropriate attire to have on, should that situation ever arise.

TnWatchdog

Hey Sam, I might play around and build one of these rocket stoves in the backyard, just for the heck of it. The model you bought looks pretty neat for power outages from storms or whatever...Does the company you got the stove from have a link? I own a raincoat but have never owned an umbrella...I better get one. lol