Chris

Chris

Chris

Tell you what.. if I ever do get back, I'll be sure to remember this web address, and I'll contact all of you and tell you my story. Hey, maybe I'll even bring some proof with me such as conversations to prove to you all that I am a time traveller, in a different world line :) If I ever do get back, that is. It'll be hard to wait 11 years to talk to all of you again.

JediStryker

Chris

Originally posted by Rug@Jun 18 2004, 11:23 PM
Yes, but the chances of this even working are one to infinite. The email being sent would go to J_K in Chris's worldline. THe J_K in his worldline and the J_K in this worldline could be totally different.
Is the chance not worth the effort?

JediStryker

Chris

Originally posted by Chris@Jun 18 2004, 11:25 PM
Tell you what.. if I ever do get back, I'll be sure to remember this web address, and I'll contact all of you and tell you my story. Hey, maybe I'll even bring some proof with me such as conversations to prove to you all that I am a time traveller, in a different world line :) If I ever do get back, that is. It'll be hard to wait 11 years to talk to all of you again.
That sounds great, Chris.

Rug

Chris

It is so slim, it hardly is worth the effort. The ammount of worldlines is endless. For two worldlines to be the same through travel, is nearly impossible.

Chris

Chris

For some reason I think this is the same worldline as mine, but somehow 'edited' or something. Everything up to my departure is exactly the same, and whos to say that older me isn't just holding back information? He might've known all along. Maybe he even knows the date that this will all be fixed.

Jovial_Kitten

Chris

As unfair as it seems chris...perhaps this is true...Maybe he's keeping it from you so you'll learn some valuable lesson in the near future. Who knows:p
If you get back to 1993 are you going to be able to remember timetravelforum.net for 11 years? I hope so:)

JediStryker

Chris

Originally posted by Chris@Jun 18 2004, 11:29 PM
For some reason I think this is the same worldline as mine, but somehow 'edited' or something. Everything up to my departure is exactly the same, and whos to say that older me isn't just holding back information? He might've known all along. Maybe he even knows the date that this will all be fixed.
There's a Star Trek: The Next Generation episode that had a plot that reminds me a little of this situation. In it, Commander Riker and the Enterprise return to a planet where beaming is dangerous, and he barely made it out alive. When they go down to the planet with an away team, they discover a twin of Riker, who has been living on the surface all these years. It turns out that the transporter accidentally created two Rikers; one who was trapped on the planet, and another who made it.

It could be possible that Chris is a temporal copy of his older self. He 'appeared' at the time he did with all the memories of his older self, but in actuality only came into existence on the date he arrived in the future.

So many fascinating possibilities. Though it's not easy to forget the innocent person behind the incident. If I could get you home, Chris, I would.