Chris

Chris

Chris

They don't live too far away, just about in the same area as him. They have visited a few times, the simple solution is for me to leave for a few hours and go outside, away, wherever. Thats been my aim so far, to stay the hell away from them. I do long to see them, but I can't even begin to imagine the consequences. They might think it was some sick joke for all I know.

No siblings to talk of, no. Don't know if that was a curse or a blessing :p

The_Ruffneck

Chris

If the female species looks keep improving at the rate we are going i would be very happy to travel 10 years into the future.Well thats my opinion :) :)

Judge Bean

Chris

Originally posted by The_Ruffneck@Sep 27 2004, 02:13 PM
If the female species looks keep improving at the rate we are going i would be very happy to travel 10 years into the future.Well thats my opinion :) :)

The only improvement there will be among the ones now matured who will be a decade better looking then; take my word for it.

Doc Brown

Chris

Chris, what are your plans after school ends? I know this is negative, but assuming that you either never get back, or that you stay here for some years before returning, have you any plans to try to get some sort of job once full-time education ends?

Gannon291

Chris

I'm sorry, this is just bothering me

you say that you time travled, some how, and yet you met yourself.

The reasons this is not possible:
1) Mass can not exist in more then one place, even if you argue that the mass inside you is different from that inside the other you, it still exists somewhere in this time. Since mass can not exist in more then one place, and the mass in this time takes presadence over another time, you didn't travle through time.

2) If you argue that you might be from another universe, or something, this is still not possible.
2A)for one, that would mean that your universe would have less total mass then before, and this one would have more. Since the total amount of mass in any universe can't change (its physicly impossible) you can't have came from a different universe.
2B)Another reason is that in that universe, a slight differance in anything could move the possition the Earth is in thousands of miles, the simple fact that you appered on Earth, much less near your other self, shows that it is increadably unlikely.

3)Time travel is physicly impossible like this (for reason #1). The only way to 'time travel' is to either move faster then light (which is alone impossible) or to slow your metabolic rate down to such a point that the speed at which you see the world slows down, and time speeds up to your perspective. This is also impossible, as it would exert to much force on the organs.

I do applaude your case, but its simply not possible.

StarLord

Chris

Gannon,

I can only relate that there were times while being with my mother in law where time seemed to stand still and I swore that I was very close to hell as there also seemed to be no excape.

I would be interested to see one time traveler put his finger into an incision in the younger counterpart. As far as those two bodies being apart seperated by SPACE but close in say feet, perhaps there would be able to note small changes in the air between them?

We would need Doc Savage in on this question, then at least I would finally get to hear that high pitched keening they always talked about.

Chris

Chris

Doc: I guess I'll have to find some type of full time job, I really don't know what though. I might move elsewhere in the world, as that would be ultimately safest. Problems are that a passport would be all but impossible to obtain, as my background check would come up as non existant. Maybe just elsewhere in Australia, perhaps Perth, would be a better option. For a particular type of job I have no idea. Since Older Chris is already involved in photography, I might take up that route. My 'goal' I have just decided is to move out of the country by the time I turn 24. Random number.

Will reply to the rest later. Sorry.

HDRKID

Chris

Hi Chris:

My guess is that by now you have seen somebody from your past. Was it a total shock to see them "older"? Also I know from time travel that a lot of stores close down and places I like no longer exist. Did this happen to you? :huh:

One of the spookiest things about time travel is that when you go forward the trees are bigger and bushier, and when you back the trees look small and thin.

Where you amazed by how fat some girls got? :D

Chris

Chris

Gannon: Unfortunately, I don't know how the laws of the universe work. Whatever the cause was, it seems I have jumped 11 years ahead. If I didn't time travel then theres not a lot of other options left. It just seems the most likely. Who knows though? It could be anything, as I've stated. The laws that we know about physics may be completely different to what they are in reality.

hdrkid: I haven't actually seen many people older, maybe just a few familiar faces. It wasn't that much of a shock, maybe just a stunned silence for a moment. These chance encounters were always at a distance, so they never saw me, probably better that way. Some stores were closed, the mall a few suburbs away has grown and changed dramatically. But some remain as they stood in 1993. Where I live theres even a clocktower in the outdoor part of the mall, which is a bit spooky. If it were frozen I think I would freak out completely.