Cobra CB radio for contact

TimeFlipper

@TimeFlipper - By the way, I played around some more with my CB radio, and followed the instructions for calibrating the SWR. My results were as follows: when I measured channel 1, I got a calibration reading of about 1.0; and when I measured channel 40, the reading was a little bit less than 1.0.

That's pretty much it, although you should note this: I have not placed the mount on my AC unit yet. Because it was a bit windy today, and rainy weather is expected for most of next week, I might not have the antenna/mount placed on the unit until next weekend.

Am I on the right track though?

Just put the antenna onto its mount and then place them onto the AC unit....A small amount of wind should not be any trouble, but keep checking out the AC unit to make sure its still fits rigidly onto the wall, you wont want it to fall off the wall, with the extra weight of the antenna on it......Photo the SWR section of the manual, and send it to me please :)..

Veronica

Best CB I had in 8 years. I always used cobra CB's the 29 LX Radio has more features and built-in SWR to set in the antenna the weather station changed the screen color much more you will love it. Good features, great reach Really well channel scan option is great. It works great with my astatic 636. overall I'm very pleased with it. You can visit here for comparison which CB radio is best for you.

Only problem with cobra Slowly drains the battery when all features are off.

TimeFlipper

Best CB I had in 8 years. I always used cobra CB's the 29 LX Radio has more features and built-in SWR to set in the antenna the weather station changed the screen color much more you will love it. Good features, great reach Really well channel scan option is great. It works great with my astatic 636. overall I'm very pleased with it. You can visit here for comparison which CB radio is best for you.

Only problem with cobra Slowly drains the battery when all features are off.

Why dont you use a mains adaptor instead of a battery ;)..

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Alright guys, I managed to put the antenna/mount combo onto the back of my air conditioning unit, and it sticks like glue!

@TimeFlipper - Believe it or not, the back of the unit is made of plastic. However, we were able to super-glue a metal plate to the back of the unit on Saturday afternoon. The glue has since completely hardened. And I did repeat the steps to calibrate my antenna; I did so on channels 20, 1, and 40. All three results had an SWR reading of somewhere slightly above 1. And I'll send you the photos of the SWR section of my manual in a short while.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@TimeFlipper - Now that I got my CB radio set up, I want to send an oral message to a UFO. And I'm on the fence as to whether we should be discussing the kind of message in public or in private. Is it appropriate to discuss it here, or would you rather do it in a private conversation?

titorite

Classic fan, your the right hand boss man and author of the thread person doing all this. Id say the choice is yours.

As.for.the message,... id make.it clear, honest and to the point. What is the reason for the attempt of contact?

Something like greetings , welcome to earth, can you reaspondby leaving a plant glyph in my lawn..... or something like that.

From my own time dabbling in this fun scape i can say that they most likely know knights templar latin. If you know any latin maybe try transmitting your message in latin?