Hello 2013 (Time Traveler from 2043)

Leslie

Hi Aevi. I'd love to hear about the Cold War nuclear deterrence policies with the intentional flaw. I certainly don't know about it.

Thank you.

Take care and stay safe.

Aevi Vegr

Well, Khaos, I think you managed to knock back my faith in humanity back to a reasonable level.

I have recently learned from an acquaintance about the Cold War deterrence policy. M.A.D. or Mutually Assured Destruction was flawed. The creator claimed it was a deterrence strategy, but it wasn't. It was a doomsday strategy. The Nash Equilibrium was on total nuclear war between Russia and the United States. It was designed to take the cold war to the threshold and past the brink. The creator would have known this. It was adopted into U.S. Policy and John von Neumann took his secret to the grave. How do I know the secret? von Neumann had two postgraduate students. One of them became a famous schizophrenic. The other had a small handful of postgraduate students, one of which revealed that knowledge to my acquaintance in a lecture. Neumann apparently wanted final, personal revenge on the Russians.
We managed to survive, but the policy took the arms race to the next level and almost got everyone killed many times. Maybe an example of a Goliath Event?

paradox404

Well, Khaos, I think you managed to knock back my faith in humanity back to a reasonable level.

I have recently learned from an acquaintance about the Cold War deterrence policy. M.A.D. or Mutually Assured Destruction was flawed. The creator claimed it was a deterrence strategy, but it wasn't. It was a doomsday strategy. The Nash Equilibrium was on total nuclear war between Russia and the United States. It was designed to take the cold war to the threshold and past the brink. The creator would have known this. It was adopted into U.S. Policy and John von Neumann took his secret to the grave. How do I know the secret? von Neumann had two postgraduate students. One of them became a famous schizophrenic. The other had a small handful of postgraduate students, one of which revealed that knowledge to my acquaintance in a lecture. Neumann apparently wanted final, personal revenge on the Russians.
We managed to survive, but the policy took the arms race to the next level and almost got everyone killed many times. Maybe an example of a Goliath Event?

It sounds like one, assuming its true that certianly would be an outcome that should not have happened. With the MAD there should have been an actual war that occured.

Itheblaze

Well, hello there Floyd from the mystic void. Boy o' boy, you sure stirred up a hornet nest. All those Pentecostals thought the Rapture was tomorrow. You didn't mention ole' Bigfoot, that rascal. I guess he's still sitting in his tree house laughing at us. Still no Champ or Nessie? Well good for them. Some hunter would just put em' on the wall as a trophy . So how is cloning coming along. Can you make your own Stepford husband yet?

Leslie

Thank you so much Aevi. The reference to a Goliath event is interesting.

I must admit I had to read up on M.A.D. and Neumann.

Take care.

Aevi Vegr

Well, no one asked about our furry footed friend, but some things are best left as a surprise. A surprise that would probably disappoint a few people.
Cloning is doing great considering that no one is running around protesting it anymore and indeed cloning research is at full steam along with other similar fields of research.

PommePatate

Hello Aevi.

I have some questions in mind. First, in your world, what is the state of Apple in 2043 ? Are they dead, what are they doing ? Are they taking parts in what the government are doing ?
2) What is becoming France ? You talked a lot about the USA and Russia but I have no idea what happens in my country.
3) What happens of my memories if you can travel in time to speak to my young self on a park and send me a particular message ? Will I remember it ? How does that work ?
4) Is it right that if you know your own future, it’s fixed in time and you can’t change it ?
5) Can we travel in the future ?
6) Are they fixed points in time that you can’t visit ? (In the TV show Doctor Who, the protagonist can’t travel to New York, April 3rd, 1938. "The city is full of time distorsions »). If they exists, what are time distorsions ?
7) How does paradoxes works ? Does they resolves themselves ?
8) This might be asked on the forum but i didn’t find that ? Are you able to move in space as well ? Do you have to be careful when you land (because everything is in movement) ? What happens if you’re landing and something is blocking the way ? Does it have a security ?
9) Does it consume a lot of energy to do time/space travel ?
10) What will happens if you travel back and you are in a famous picture ? Does the people will remember that the picture has changed because you weren’t here in the first place ?

Thank you for your time!