John Titor Research Updates!

StarLord

Re: John Titor Is A Hoax Exclusive Report

Didn't that distinction already go to the Yankee in King Arthur's Court?

sinister

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"TheHeggy\")</div>
I think that just because they may have had the resources to put on a movie-quality production doesn't mean they would have. A blurry little video vs. a crystal-clear time travel extravaganza leaves room for \"Well maybe it's true, maybe it's not\".
?
If they'd done the movie quality thing, people would panic because it would seem like there's undeniable evidence that the world is going to end and everything... It'd be in their best interests to just do something little and spark a lot of curiosity than to do a lot and cause widespread fear. Maybe their budget was a factor too?
?
BTW, VirtualGirl, awesome thread! I'm loving the conversation we have going here :p
?
Edit: As an example, say Universal decided to pull some hoax to promote Jurassic Park. I believe that a Bigfoot-esque video where stuff is a little blurry and subject to people calling bull would be a lot more effective than some perfectly shot, perfectly timed video.[/b]
Ya that is a very good point, I guess I felt there was much more these people could have done. They could still have kept the bluriness and shot something that looked like time travel tho, but as you said that might cause panic. But then again, that doesn't match with any possible motives. Titor, whatever his real motives were, wanted us to be afraid. He comforted us by saying it would all work out for the better in the end, but what he describes happening in the next few years is, quite frankly, un-Disney. Not that that's any kind of damning evidence for this new info, but the motive I got from Titor one way or the other was to scare us enough to wake us out of this TV-induced half-sleep that the country's populace has been in lately. And I'm not so sure about testing out a new character for a ride. The article states that all Epcot rides are 'science-based' not 'scifi-based'. Massive civil war, nuclear world war, and the society that is born from it all, if just a story, is pure scifi. It looks like Disney wants epcot rides to be more 'serious' I guess, meaning Titor's story and character would have no place there. Also, like I said, that's a pretty apocalyptic story for a Disney thing. I dunno, I hope people don't think i'm nit-picking at all this new evidence, I'm just trying to work through it all. I would be very interested to see what the Titor family's lawyer has to say about all this. Maybe that's why the address no longer shows up on google?

virtualgirl

Sinister...your not nit-picking. You giving your honest opion. That's cool. When you put a bunch of heads together and express your opinions, that's when answers start to come. Maybe it's not Disney...if not, we might get a big puzzle piece just from everyones input. Even things that seem small. Keep your thinking cap on. You could have the answer and not even know it!

sinister

I'm still just mystified by the "A" in that name. There would be no point to making a fake middle name too, so I wonder how the A became attached in the first place. Whether it was a hoax or not, I think we can assume "Titor" was not his real last name. Still tho, I would be really curious to see what document that name came from. Maybe the Titors' lawyer has connections with Disney and the family is waiting out the civil war in Epcot. Obviously this is an address from a Disney park (Future Way is so cheesy only Disney could have done that), I wonder if we could contact a DisneyWorld rep and just ask them what the address means to them, leaving any mention of John Titor out of it. We should be able to judge something based on their response. The 2036 address is really really weird, I will say that, but 2036 as the target year for a Disney ride is whatever. The year 'Demolition Man' (the movie) was set in was 2036 also. I think its the 2x3=6 thing all of us had to memorize in school makes 2036 a common, subliminal choice for scifi writers, although I guess that doesn't help Titor's case much.

Buggy

Why not Disney? Maybe they did come up with Titor and his story to get people to vaction more. It's a very long shot, but if you knew the world as you knew it was going to end wouldn't you blow all your saving on a nice Disney Vacation with the family?

Umm...maybe not.

sinister

haha i dunno about that, but I will say if this has anything to do with Disney and somehow that leaked to the media, Disney would be in big trouble. Apocalyptic visions of the future, revolution against the government, and nuclear war with several specific countries would completely mar their reputation, and I think we can all say Disney's taken enough hits to its reputation in the last few years.

PamelaM

Here is Larry Haber's response:
In a message dated 5/26/2005 7:55:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time, LarryHaber writes:
Thanks also for the web sit link. I can tell you for sure that the Disney link is not correct

PamelaM

Not really...He is a lawyer and he writes in short sentences like that.

Sorry that was all he wrote about it. In short version I would take it to mean "Not related".

modern_day_tt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"sinister\")</div>
He comforted us by saying it would all work out for the better in the end, but what he describes happening in the next few years is, quite frankly, un-Disney.[/b]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Buggy\")</div>
Why not Disney?[/b]
I agree, why not Disney?! They own Miramax Films as well as Touchstone Pictures. This means that they have dabbled in violent story lines before. Can't rule them out!

-MDTT