John Titor's Fighting Diamondbacks Militia Is Real

Num7

Administrator
Staff
It wasn't a word game, It's called being cryptic.
And the point is?

Keep this discussion on topic. The topic, as the title says, is about John Titor's Fighting Diamondbacks Militia. Off-topic and unrelated posts are going to be moved to other topics, or deleted if needed. If you feel the need to talk about this any further, please do so in a new thread in the Community Feedback and Help section.

--Numenorean7
Administrator

Crotalus adamanteus

i dont think the group he served with was created yet. my reasons for thinking this is just a opinion
1. the civil war hasnt started yet, and i belive he joined the group after the war started acording to what ive read.
2. why was he in a shotgun unit? most militias use semi auto weapons like AKs and ARs ect. what i get from the shotgun thing is, times must have been desperate for a unit to be formed up of shotguns. why not use better weapons?

i am poor at explaining things so if i need to be more clear pleaselet me know.

shotguns are a close quarters weapon, and most militias use better tools for the job like ARs ect.
whats the reason for a shotgun unit?

Crotalus adamanteus

a militia formed before the war would have men with ARs and AKs ect not shotguns
so with that being commensence the REAL diamondbacks have to have been created after the war when people were desperate.

Samstwitch

can any one provide the text to what john actualy said about the diamonbacks?

Here it is from Oliver Williams Website (Johntitor.com). Underlined emphasis mine.

JOHN TITOR: I was born in 1998 so I do share some childhood memories with all of you. I remember going to Disney World at Christmas and I remember going to the beach in Daytona. When the civil "conflict" started and got worse, people generally decided to either stay in the cities and lose most of their civil rights under the guise of security or leave the cities for more isolated and rural areas. Our home was searched once and the neighbor across the street was arrested for some unknown reason. That convinced my father to leave the city.

From the age of 8 to 12, we lived away from the cities and spent most of our time in a farm community with other families avoiding conflict with the federal police and National Guard. By that time, it was pretty clear that we were not going back to what we had and the division between the "cities" and the "country" was well defined. My father made a living by putting together 12-volt electrical systems and sailing "commodities" up and down the coast of Florida. I spent most of my time helping him.

Outright open fighting was common by then and I joined a shotgun infantry unit in 2011. I served with the "Fighting Diamondbacks" for about 4 years. (Hearing in my right ear isn't as good as I would like it). The civil war ended in 2015 when Russia attacked the U.S. cities (our enemy), China and Europe. As unusual and bad as my childhood might seem, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

TimeTravel_00

a militia formed before the war would have men with ARs and AKs ect not shotguns
so with that being commensence the REAL diamondbacks have to have been created after the war when people were desperate.
We are currently experiencing a brass shortage. There are no 5.56/.223 rounds available for sale anywhere to be used in an M4/M16/AR15 rifles. There are no 7.62x39 rounds available for sale to be used in the AK47, SKS45, or Galil Golani rifles. There are no .308/7.62x51 rounds available for sale to be used in the M14, AR10, G3, or RFB rifles. There are no 5.45 rounds available for sale to be used in the AK74, or Singapore rifles. There are no 9mm rounds available for sale to be used in the M9 sidearm or MP5 compact rifle. There are no .40 cal rounds available for sale to be used by local law enforcement.
You know what? There are plenty of 12 gauge shotgun shells at every venue.

Crotalus adamanteus

true, i never thought of the currunt shortage issues. that would explain why he was in a shot gun unit.
but i would like to think that most militias today would have a stockpile, so maybe he joined the DB during the civil war, but not at the very start

my goal is to try to figure out when they were created and why
by when, i mean before or during the civil war. im trying to figure out the reason to why also, but that would be more of a guess then anything
but you make a valid point thanks