Lyssa

Lyssa

Re: Lyssa

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"halo2junkie119\")</div>
What is the problem and how can we prevent it?[/b]

The problem is a prion(a protein) that is present in the environment. It is carried by many animal species but is only problematic to humans. To protect yourself in the short term you could avoid all animals and animal products. But you must also avoid other human males as they too can obviously be carriers.

halo2junkie119

Well it seems pretty hard to prevent. Do you have a cure in your timeline? If this is true i urge you to tell a medical professional immediately. The only downside would be that they might dismiss you as a crazy person.

Lyssa

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"halo2junkie119\")</div>
Well it seems pretty hard to prevent. Do you have a cure in your timeline? If this is true i urge you to tell a medical professional immediately. The only downside would be that they might dismiss you as a crazy person.[/b]

Yes and No. We can prevent the prion from infecting males that we have made immune in the lab. We could not cure natural males already infected.

Telling the medical community now would do no good because:

I would be considered crazy AND

they discover this information later on for themselves and are still unable to develop a cure.

The only thing we can do is create a new population of males that are immune and we are going to do that.

Jhani

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Lyssa\")</div>
Yes and No. We can prevent the prion from infecting males that we have made immune in the lab. We could not cure natural males already infected.

Telling the medical community now would do no good because:

I would be considered crazy AND

they discover this information later on for themselves and are still unable to develop a cure.

The only thing we can do is create a new population of males that are immune and we are going to do that.[/b]

Okay, so any male that would go there now, can still catch the 'desease'?
What if they didn't eat meat? You say that they can catch it by either eating meat, or by being exposed by another male.. correct?

Lyssa

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Jhani\")</div>
Okay, so any male that would go there now, can still catch the 'desease'?
What if they didn't eat meat? You say that they can catch it by either eating meat, or by being exposed by another male.. correct?[/b]

Yes, contact with animal products is a method of exposure. Also contact with anything has been contaminated already. The problem in our time, is that many animals still carry the prion, and they persist in the environment for some time.

Jhani

Yes, contact with animal products is a method of exposure. Also contact with anything has been contaminated already. The problem in our time, is that many animals still carry the prion, and they persist in the environment for some time.[/b]

How long would a male live once they are infected?

Lyssa

How long would a male live once they are infected?[/b]

They can live a long time. That is the reason why it spreads so effectively. But the reproductive system is damaged immediately. So one could go to our time and live a normal life but that would not solve the problem.

Jhani

They can live a long time. That is the reason why it spreads so effectively. But the reproductive system is damaged immediately. So one could go to our time and live a normal life but that would not solve the problem.[/b]

I think you just solved part of your problem. Take back some willing men so the children would have mentors. If you have a way to make male babies without the use of men, then I'm sure you can find plenty of men here that would be willing to go back with you and help raise them.

Lyssa

I think you just solved part of your problem. Take back some willing men so the children would have mentors. If you have a way to make male babies without the use of men, then I'm sure you can find plenty of men here that would be willing to go back with you and help raise them.[/b]

This is a brilliant idea Marc! Would anyone here like to go? Please, serious request only. We will need maybe 100-200 males of good character who don't mind being in "high demand" by the female population and who can mentor young males.

Lucidus

This is a brilliant idea Marc! Would anyone here like to go? Please, serious request only. We will need maybe 100-200 males of good character who don't mind being in \"high demand\" by the female population and who can mentor young males.[/b]

Oh! me,me,me! I'll do it.