Practicing Meditation

mariya94

I watched The Secret, one of my favorite movies, again on Thursday. Ever since then, I've found myself fired up to more seriously set myself on the path to fulfill my long-term dreams. I remember someone in the movie saying that one should close his/her eyes and visualize what he/she wants to accomplish for a period of "several minutes", feeling as if he/she is achieving or has already accomplished it.

Since I last watched the movie, I have applied using The Secret while practicing meditation. When I meditate, I put on meditation music, close my eyes, sit in a cross-legged position, try to block out all negative thoughts and distractions, and focus on visualizing my future goals, while feeling good about it in the process. I do all of these steps in the process every day, not opening my eyes or stopping the meditation process until the alarm I set on my cell phone goes off.

The first day I meditated, I did it for about 15 minutes, and so far I've increased meditation time by increments of 5 minutes every day following the first. After I meditate, I feel very different from when I felt before I started meditating. I feel lighter and have, at least virtually, no stress in my mind. I plan on working my way up to at least one hour of meditation per day.

This is how I meditate, and I hope all this stuff I posted helps others who are trying to meditate and/or use The Secret to help them achieve their goals. Any thoughts, comments, advice, or suggestions?
I once meditated for about 10 full minutes. I lost sense of where I was. I did it through a video called Meditation for Beginners 1 True Relaxation. It relaxed me so much that it worked.

TimeFlipper

I watched The Secret, one of my favorite movies, again on Thursday. Ever since then, I've found myself fired up to more seriously set myself on the path to fulfill my long-term dreams. I remember someone in the movie saying that one should close his/her eyes and visualize what he/she wants to accomplish for a period of "several minutes", feeling as if he/she is achieving or has already accomplished it.

Since I last watched the movie, I have applied using The Secret while practicing meditation. When I meditate, I put on meditation music, close my eyes, sit in a cross-legged position, try to block out all negative thoughts and distractions, and focus on visualizing my future goals, while feeling good about it in the process. I do all of these steps in the process every day, not opening my eyes or stopping the meditation process until the alarm I set on my cell phone goes off.

The first day I meditated, I did it for about 15 minutes, and so far I've increased meditation time by increments of 5 minutes every day following the first. After I meditate, I feel very different from when I felt before I started meditating. I feel lighter and have, at least virtually, no stress in my mind. I plan on working my way up to at least one hour of meditation per day.

This is how I meditate, and I hope all this stuff I posted helps others who are trying to meditate and/or use The Secret to help them achieve their goals. Any thoughts, comments, advice, or suggestions?
I once meditated for about 10 full minutes. I lost sense of where I was. I did it through a video called Meditation for Beginners 1 True Relaxation. It relaxed me so much that it worked.
Nice one marija i`ll look out for that one :cool:

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
I meditated, as planned, for over 40 minutes last night, but it wasn't a very good meditation. It started out good, but then there were outside noises that distracted me from focusing. There were two in particular that were really bad: my mom washing her face and (especially) playing a video loud on the PC while I was meditating.

What I do to meditate is put in a meditation music CD, close my eyes, and sit cross-legged, all for a certain period of time. I don't open my eyes and turn the music off until an alarm I set on my cellphone goes off.

Do you guys think this meditation experience was just because my mind must have been not focused enough? Or do you think that even people most experienced in meditation would find loud outside noises a distraction?

bluejay_1919

I find some noises are almost hypnotic or mantra like. A fan whirling or my cat purring. Those noises don't bother me. Most other noises are very distracting, but I'm also a person that values quiet time.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
I find some noises are almost hypnotic or mantra like. A fan whirling or my cat purring. Those noises don't bother me. Most other noises are very distracting, but I'm also a person that values quiet time.
So I'm guessing sudden noises like a video with the volume cranked up would distract you too. Is that right?

bluejay_1919

So I'm guessing sudden noises like a video with the volume cranked up would distract you too. Is that right?
Yep. A loud sudden noise can jolt me out of meditation similar to waking up suddenly from a dream, in deep sleep. You might be able to eventually ignore the noises, but I'm pretty sensitive to noise. I'm a light sleeper and everything wakes me up, and I'm kind of the same with meditation. You'll figure out what works for you and what you need to get you comfortable.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Yep. A loud sudden noise can jolt me out of meditation similar to waking up suddenly from a dream, in deep sleep. You might be able to eventually ignore the noises, but I'm pretty sensitive to noise. I'm a light sleeper and everything wakes me up, and I'm kind of the same with meditation. You'll figure out what works for you and what you need to get you comfortable.
I'm pretty sensitive to noise too, and I suspect I'm a light sleeper as well. As much as sudden loud noises annoy me, I will continue to meditate. I will make another attempt at it, just like I or another person would remember from the song "Try Again" by Aaliyah.

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
I do an hour a day regularly but it only feels like about 15 minutes.

Since starting meditation I dream much more and while videoing the kids last week we caught a massive Orb (I would post it here but it's got my kids on it). I have also received telepathic contact once - very strange experience.

The more you meditate the more you will see and hear things that you would not normally see and hear, that most people would consider are not there.