Practicing Meditation

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
I do an hour a day regularly but it only feels like about 15 minutes.

Since starting meditation I dream much more and while videoing the kids last week we caught a massive Orb (I would post it here but it's got my kids on it). I have also received telepathic contact once - very strange experience.

The more you meditate the more you will see and hear things that you would not normally see and hear, that most people would consider are not there.
That's some very interesting stuff, and thank you for your vote of confidence. During this telepathic contact, were you contacting an alien?

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
I was not trying to contact anyone and I was not in a meditative state although I had been sometime before.

I was stood in my bedroom, it was the middle of the day. One word was spoken to me. With telepathy you hear the words but really it's not your ears, it resonates throughout your head, for me it's like it eminates from the centre of my brain, like someone is speaking from the inside. It was a word but I can not tell you what word, it was like tuning a radio. I seemed for that instant to connect with a frequency that maybe I shouldn't have. Very weird but enlightening at the same time. I believe the meditation is slowly opening mental doors for me.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
That's really quite impressive, Snake! :)

I meditated yet again last night, this time for around 42 minutes. That time I didn't notice anything that unusual, nor did I get an OOBE or astral travel experience, probably because I wasn't necessarily trying to come in contact with ETs. But I was able to relax, and I'm very thankful for that. :)

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
My sessions are always around the hour mark but only a few times a week. As time goes by it gets easier to achieve the mental state I need to be in and get there quicker each time. I would like to go Astral but as yet only near misses.

I must say that it is great to be able to talk about this here as it is not a subject I can bring up around friends without ridicule. However I have radicalised my partner, she now meditates and usually does 15 minutes or so :)

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Sorry meditation fans, I decided not to meditate last night. It was getting late, and I thought it would be better if I took a little break from it. But if the time I have permits, I'll get back into the meditation groove tonight. Do any of you think taking a little break from meditation was a good idea?

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
I got back into meditation last night, this time for over 45 minutes again. It takes a little time to get back into the groove. I felt really good afterwards, though as of now no out-of-body experience (OOBE) or astral travel. Now I'm wondering...how many meditation sessions does it take on average for one's mind to enter an OOBE or astral state during meditation? Or, how many weeks does it normally take for something like that to happen?

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
I have been doing this on and off for around 6 weeks now, no astral travel here either.
20 years ago I was doing the same for probably 3 months with no astral travel.
I don't think that there is any set timescale to this. It will just happen one day, probably when you least expect it. The important thing is not to give up. If the astral travel doesn't happen for you the meditation may effect you in a different way. You may become clairaudient, clairvoyant or even perhaps telepathic or it may just keep you healthy, either way it's good for you so keep it up! :)

Dragonchaser

Sorry meditation fans, I decided not to meditate last night. It was getting late, and I thought it would be better if I took a little break from it. But if the time I have permits, I'll get back into the meditation groove tonight. [Do any of you think taking a little break from meditation was a good idea?

Yes absolutely .

I got back into meditation last night, this time for over 45 minutes again. It takes a little time to get back into the groove. I felt really good afterwards, though as of now no out-of-body experience (OOBE) or astral travel. Now I'm wondering...how many meditation sessions does it take on average for one's mind to enter an OOBE or astral state during meditation? Or, how many weeks does it normally take for something like that to happen?

I can not say in terms of time , it will differ from person to person .
I've meditated since before my teens (I'm turning 42 in a couple weeks) and had my first initiated astral travel a few years ago .
Your instinct will know when you are ready and then it is just a matter of time ... ;)
No to deflate your optimism balloon ; not weeks - think more in terms of years if your thinking about deep astral travel (that include most of the planes as in astral planes or realms ... which contains also the "central time frame" meaning in layman's terms the past and the future ...

Dragonchaser

To go really DEEP I can suggest at least two days fast , only liquids . If I say fast I do not mean you fast during the day but you eat at night . NO . No food for 48 hours before you commence travelling .

Hopefully what is in your system will be flushed by then .