Practicing Meditation

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Snake Plissken - OK, then I think I'll definitely continue doing what I've already been doing since the start. Meditation is such a great learning experience! And although my meditation session of last night was cut short by loud noises from outside, I will never give up meditation, despite the occasional days I don't feel like meditating.

I feel my motives are indeed very pure, as all I want to do is create a better world as a result of changing history. And by the way, the desire to have sexual intercourse with ETs is absolutely out of the question for me! :p

Dragonchaser

I'm pretty sensitive to noise too, and I suspect I'm a light sleeper as well. As much as sudden loud noises annoy me, I will continue to meditate. I will make another attempt at it, just like I or another person would remember from the song "Try Again" by Aaliyah.

It is crucial that you overcome this problem before trying to OBE , when you are in the astral , your soul is conected to your body through a "cord" ; almost like an umbilical cord . This cord is your lifeline ; if it is disturbed while you are in the astral there is a danger that it will be severed and your soul will remain in the astral and your body will either die or be in a vegetative state .

This is practically impossible. The 'cord' can be an infinite length and is similar to elastic. It will not break while you are travelling around your neighbourhood.

If you are worried about attack and severance of the cord just remember your protection prayers and do not engage with any negative entities you encounter. If you become scared just will yourself back and you are back in an instant :)

Snake , you misunderstood my statement ; it is not because of restriction that it will break but because of interference in your personal space .

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
It is crucial that you overcome this problem before trying to OBE , when you are in the astral , your soul is conected to your body through a "cord" ; almost like an umbilical cord . This cord is your lifeline ; if it is disturbed while you are in the astral there is a danger that it will be severed and your soul will remain in the astral and your body will either die or be in a vegetative state .

This is practically impossible. The 'cord' can be an infinite length and is similar to elastic. It will not break while you are travelling around your neighbourhood.

If you are worried about attack and severance of the cord just remember your protection prayers and do not engage with any negative entities you encounter. If you become scared just will yourself back and you are back in an instant :)

Snake , you misunderstood my statement ; it is not because of restriction that it will break but because of interference in your personal space .

Sorry, still don't quite get it. Please explain this interference in personal space? :)

Dragonchaser

Sorry, still don't quite get it. Please explain this interference in personal space? :)

I've read this first in "The Hermit" by T. Lobsang Rampa (I think) many years ago as teenager , since some book on spiritual healing and the occult state it as well .

When I do normal meditation without any chance of astralling I don't bother about personal space ; but If I want to astral , I make triple-sure I'm in a safe place without the risk of being bothered .

As far as I know you must be touched by another person for the "cord" to be severed . So if I astral I lock myself away from any of those chances ; I physically lock the door. A basement or cellar are ideal ...

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
Ok. Well sometimes I do it in bed so I guess if my missus rolls over and elbows me I could be lost out on the outer rim somewhere :)

.. but in all seriousness the guidance that I have received leads me to believe the only way that cord can break is if the physical body dies whilst travelling. The cord is like an anchor for you and your mind to see, to keep a connection with the physical.

Dragonchaser

This is how T. Lobsang describes it in "Wisdom of the Ancients" (1963)

SILVER CORD : Just as the new-born child is connected to its mother by the umbilical cord, so are we connected to our Overself by the Silver Cord. Just as the puppet is connected to the puppet master by a bit of string, so are we connected to our puppet master by the Silver Cord.
The Silver Cord has its name because, being composed of rapidly rotating particles of all the colours in existence, it appears to be silver. The myriad colours reflect to the clairvoyant as a pure bluish-white silver.
This cord is infinitely extensible, and it has no limitations. When a person is doing astral travel, the inner body separates from the outer sheath of flesh and floats away at the end of the Silver Cord in much the same way that you can let a kite up at the end of a cord. When the body demands the astral body, the latter is reeled in just the same way as a kite is reeled in.
Everything that we do on Earth is transmitted to the Overself by way of the Silver Cord. Anything the Overself wants to tell us is transmitted downwards to the sub-conscious, where the information is stored until we want it, transmitted downwards by way of the Silver Cord.
When we come to death, then the Silver Cord thins and parts ; just as a baby ‘dies’ to its mother when the umbilical cord is severed, so does the flesh body die to the Overself when the Silver Cord be severed ‘and the Golden Bowl be shattered.’ The Golden Bowl, of course, is the nimbus or higher etheric force which surrounds the head during life and departs at the moment of death.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Snake Plissken - Yes, I would think the connection between body and spirit would only be broken if the physical body dies. And even when your spirit is in another place if it happens, I think God would redirect your spirit straight to the Gates of Heaven, which yawn wide open to you if you believe and trust in Him, and you are generally a good person. :)

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
This is how T. Lobsang describes it in "Wisdom of the Ancients" (1963)

SILVER CORD : Just as the new-born child is connected to its mother by the umbilical cord, so are we connected to our Overself by the Silver Cord. Just as the puppet is connected to the puppet master by a bit of string, so are we connected to our puppet master by the Silver Cord.
The Silver Cord has its name because, being composed of rapidly rotating particles of all the colours in existence, it appears to be silver. The myriad colours reflect to the clairvoyant as a pure bluish-white silver.
This cord is infinitely extensible, and it has no limitations. When a person is doing astral travel, the inner body separates from the outer sheath of flesh and floats away at the end of the Silver Cord in much the same way that you can let a kite up at the end of a cord. When the body demands the astral body, the latter is reeled in just the same way as a kite is reeled in.
Everything that we do on Earth is transmitted to the Overself by way of the Silver Cord. Anything the Overself wants to tell us is transmitted downwards to the sub-conscious, where the information is stored until we want it, transmitted downwards by way of the Silver Cord.
When we come to death, then the Silver Cord thins and parts ; just as a baby ‘dies’ to its mother when the umbilical cord is severed, so does the flesh body die to the Overself when the Silver Cord be severed ‘and the Golden Bowl be shattered.’ The Golden Bowl, of course, is the nimbus or higher etheric force which surrounds the head during life and departs at the moment of death.

This is interesting. What does he say about after death (not in relation to meditation) Where does he feel we go then?

I will search for this book it sounds an interesting read :)

DEATH OMEN

You're good if you're able to manage a 1 hour meditation period per day. Takes a lot of dedication to do that on a regular basis without stopping after a little while.

If you're able to do that, you should get some interesting results.

Did you ever experience OOBE or astral travel?

Yep. Have been doing more over past 2 yrs. due to physical illness and associated severe pain that most meds cannot really do much for.